4. Tristin Broz
5. Valtteri Puustinen
6. Sergei Murashev
7. Issac Beliveau
8. Nathan Lagare
9. Zam Plante
10. Kirill Tankov
@MichaelFarrell
Do you know what is happening with Poulin? Looking into how some prospects coming from the Q were doing, and I noticed he was playing neither in PIT nor in WBS, and Google brought me to a bunch of Dec 7 articles about him having gone back home to take care of himself ... Any news since then ?

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
@MichaelFarrell
Do you know what is happening with Poulin? Looking into how some prospects coming from the Q were doing, and I noticed he was playing neither in PIT nor in WBS, and Google brought me to a bunch of Dec 7 articles about him having gone back home to take care of himself ... Any news since then ?
No news. I got the impression that he could take the whole season off though for personal issues.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Total guess because the Canucks prospect pool is awful:

1. Danila Klimovich
2. Jonathan Lekkerimaki
3. Elias Pettersson
4. Jack Rathbone
5. William Lockwood
6. Aidan McDonough
7. Arturs Silovs
8. Joni Jurmo

And at that, it’s not even worth continuing this list. Myrenberg would’ve been 3rd for me but we traded him for a career AHL player.
Most clubs aren't sporting the shiniest pearls in their 9/10 spots.
You could have included Arshdeep Bains and Linus Karlsson - Karlsson is clearly ahead but Bains will likely see a game or two at some point due to the hometown angle.
If they're too old then Kudryavtsev and Lockhart could round it out - they are both having good seasons and are still U20.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
soderbloms a 'huge' sleeper that could turn into a 30 goal scorer . very smart player with real good hands , excellent shot , and a goal scorers killer instincts that knows how to use his reach to hold onto pucks forever til he finds the needed space . he could become an elite offensive zone weapon

Maybe the next Tage

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Habs:
1) O Beck
2)Farell
3)Hutson
4)Mesar
5)Roy
6)Mailloux
7)Kidney
8) Kapanen
9) Engstrom
10)Heineman
OM:Tuch, Pinard,Guindon,Barron

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Kuzmin was 15th in our offseason poll. So he'd be 11th with the grads off the list. I think the consensus was he had a good 2021-22 in Flint but not much buzz about this season so far.

I would drop Lambert down a bit - he's got all kinds of talent hasn't displayed that he's got the hockey IQ and personality/work ethic to make it in the NHL. He's young, but those kind of issues typically don't go away.

Chisholm's had a rough start with the Moose this year too, so he maybe sinks a bit as well. Gawanke's been good and moves up.

Rashevsky had a big year in 2021-22 and continues to score well this season in the K, so he climbs into the Top 5.

1. Heinola
2. McGroarty
3. Lucius
4. Rashevsky
5. Lambert
6. Chibrikov
7. Gawanke
8. Salomonsson
9. Chisholm
10. Torgersson
(11. Kuzmin)
who's your favorite guy that didn't make this list? i've always liked zhilkin's game

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
who's your favorite guy that didn't make this list? i've always liked zhilkin's game
Danny Zhilkin would be 12th on the current list. He looks like a pretty smart player...crafty, but I've only seen highlights. Kitchener certainly paid quite a bit to bring him over from Guelph.

Reactions: neelynugs

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I have Buffalo's as:

1. Kulich
2. Levi
3. Rosen
4. Savoie
5. Johnson
6. Ostlund
7. Portillo
8. Neuchev
9. Nadeau
10. Biro

I think Ostlund's potential is much higher than Johnson, but Johnson appears to be an almost certain NHLer.
Just saw this, woof. Assuming you left off Power Peterka and Quinn intentionally. All three are rookies.

1) Power
2/3) Peterka Quinn
4) Savoie
5) Kulich
6) Levi (Goalie's are Voodoo)
7) Ostlund
8) Rosen
9) Portillo
10) Rousek

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Just saw this, woof. Assuming you left off Power Peterka and Quinn intentionally. All three are rookies.

1) Power
2/3) Peterka Quinn
4) Savoie
5) Kulich
6) Levi (Goalie's are Voodoo)
7) Ostlund
8) Rosen
9) Portillo
10) Rousek

This thread is sans graduates.

Reactions: Chainshot

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Kuzmin was 15th in our offseason poll. So he'd be 11th with the grads off the list. I think the consensus was he had a good 2021-22 in Flint but not much buzz about this season so far.

I would drop Lambert down a bit - he's got all kinds of talent hasn't displayed that he's got the hockey IQ and personality/work ethic to make it in the NHL. He's young, but those kind of issues typically don't go away.

Chisholm's had a rough start with the Moose this year too, so he maybe sinks a bit as well. Gawanke's been good and moves up.

Rashevsky had a big year in 2021-22 and continues to score well this season in the K, so he climbs into the Top 5.

1. Heinola
2. McGroarty
3. Lucius
4. Rashevsky
5. Lambert
6. Chibrikov
7. Gawanke
8. Salomonsson
9. Chisholm
10. Torgersson
(11. Kuzmin)
Wagner had a nice junior tourny. You wouldn’t have him top 10?

Reactions: hn777

Antonche

Jan 13, 2015
Russia, Siberia.
AZ. Moser and Maccelli - gradueted.
1) Cooley
2) Guenther
3) Soderstrom
4) Geekie
5) Duda
6) Doan
7) Jenik
8) Matikka
9) Lamoureux
10) Lipkin

PS: i think draft 2023 will change half of this list.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
:sabres

Going to leave out the graduates:

1)Matthew Savoie
2) Devon Levi
3) Isak Rosen/Jiri Kulich
4) Jiri Kulich/Isak Rosen
5) Noah Ostland
6) Ryan Johnson
7) Josh Bloom
8) Olivier Nadeau
9) Brandon Biro
10) Lukas Rousek

With regular seasons done everywhere, are there any big changes to anyone's list?

With trade and in-season growth:

1) Savoie
2) Levi
3) Kulich - I will give him the edge over Rosen but the gap is not large
4) Rosen - Not a knock, his defensive game is better than Kulich's, he just has to get bigger/stronger
5) Ostlund
6) Nadeau
7) Poltapov - KHL playoff moments look like he's a potential gamer
8) Rousek
9) Kozak - staff praise but likely is a potential 4th liner
10) Cederqvist - again, depth guy who plays a role

It looks like Johnson isn't signing at this point so I dropped him (he'd be 6th if included). Bloom was traded and Biro's chronic injury issues have me taking him off the list. There are some guys like Komarov or Lindgren who I could see in the 9/10 spots. Similarly, Kisakov as they work with him is a long, long range prospect who I could see even further up the list but that level of projection is hard for me. Same with say Novikov who has two full KHL seasons under his belt or Neuchev who has bundles of talent but I want to see how he plays on the smaller ice before pushing him in around the likelihood to play. There isn't a lot separating 6-14 or so except personal preferences.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Anaheim:

Mintyukov
Zellweger
Luneau
Dostal
Gaucher
Lacombe
Hinds
Pastujov
Moore
Helleson

Organization definitely needs some forward prospects.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

ImJustJokinen

Ty Emberson for Hart Ross
Apr 7, 2019
Keeping it 21 and under and not currently ensconced a full time NHLer.

1. Luke Hughes

2. Simon Nemec

3. Alexander Holtz (given that he's basically not a full time regular and definitely won't be with Palat and Bastian in the lineup, I'm going to keep him in the prospect pool).

4. Shakir Mukhamadulllin

5. Seamus Casey

6. Arseni Gritsyuk

7. Akira Schmid - giving him a big jump, including over Brennan and Daws based on 2 straight years of very good AHL play and excellent stint in the NHL this year.

8. Graeme Clarke - He's been on a bit of a heater that have pumped up the Utica stats and I've always been higher on him than most. There are probably a lot of devils fans that wouldn't have him in the top 10

9. Topias Vilen - 19 years old and playing 19 minutes a night in Liiga. Big jumps in production and ice time. Seems somewhat promising, and the bottom of the top 10 is pretty much whatever anyway.

10. Josh Filmon - call it a speculation add in the top 10

I think once you get to 7-10, its pretty much whatever.
Looks like #7 in 7-10 wasn't pretty much whatever eh? ;)

Reactions: My3Sons and Forge

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
:sharks

1. Eklund
2. Bystedt
3. Mukhamadullin
4. Thrun
5. Gushchin
6. Bordeleau
7. Havelid
8. Robins
9. Laroque
10. Cardwell

My top 6 are pretty set but 7-14 or so are all pretty interchangeable. You can add in guys like Gaudreau, Makaniemi, Lund, Fisher, Okhotiuk, Cicek, Coe, Ozzy but I think those last 3 dropped like rocks this year. I purposely excluded Peterson because he played over a full season of games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad