your team's top 10 prospects

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
I don’t get your point? Most of those honorable mentions would be in the top 10 of at least 25 other teams. Guy was just mentioning the prospects who could be something.
That is…just not true at all.

Honorable mentions is posters trying to humblebrag about how many good prospects their team has and get around the top 10 list. They just list all their bottom tier draft picks that every team has. Happens every time.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

Honorable mentions is posters trying to humblebrag about how many good prospects their team has and get around the top 10 list. They just list all their bottom tier draft picks that every team has. Happens every time.
Bizarre and insecure take. More information is always welcome. Why would you be curious about how other fans rank their prospects, but only ten of them? No interest at all in anything beyond that wholly arbitrary number? Makes no sense. People will complain about literally anything.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

7 is probably too much but I do like Sebrango, Savage, and Niederbach. All 3 would likely end up in the top 10ish of the Sharks who I think have an underrated prospect pool. The other guys I’m just not as familiar with. I don’t really have an issue with it though if they like those guys. I mean I did the same thing with the Sharks pool (although don’t think it was 7). If you don’t like it just read the top 10 and move on. I don’t understand the need to shit on the guy.

Reactions: hn777 and Fenris

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
7 is probably too much but I do like Sebrango, Savage, and Niederbach. All 3 would likely end up in the top 10ish of the Sharks who I think have an underrated prospect pool. The other guys I’m just not as familiar with. I don’t really have an issue with it though if they like those guys. I mean I did the same thing with the Sharks pool (although don’t think it was 7). If you don’t like it just read the top 10 and move on. I don’t understand the need to shit on the guy.
Shoulda been 8. Carter Gylander isn’t listed

Reactions: hn777 and Realgud

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don’t get your point? Most of those honorable mentions would be in the top 10 of at least 25 other teams. Guy was just mentioning the prospects who could be something.

OP asked for a list of each team's top 10 prospects, not a list of all the good prospects they have, whatever number that may be.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
OP asked for a list of each team's top 10 prospects, not a list of all the good prospects they have, whatever number that may be.

That was my thought - it said 10. A hard grading between a couple seems to make sense for honorable mentions. But more than that? Weird.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Jiricek, RD
Mateychuk, LD
Marchenko (what's the games played cut off?), W
Dumais, W
Ceulemans, RD

Svozil, LD
Knazko, LD
Dolzhenkov, W
Del Bel Belluz, F
Guillaume Richard, LD
This is the kid I'm watching, if he can put it all together and develop his defensive game he might be a true force. Not to mention he'd fit right in with our current pipeline of Russians.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Total guess because the Canucks prospect pool is awful:

1. Danila Klimovich
2. Jonathan Lekkerimaki
3. Elias Pettersson
4. Jack Rathbone
5. William Lockwood
6. Aidan McDonough
7. Arturs Silovs
8. Joni Jurmo

And at that, it’s not even worth continuing this list. Myrenberg would’ve been 3rd for me but we traded him for a career AHL player.
solid list, though I'd probably lower everyone about 3-4 slots.

Reactions: Gecklund and Love

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Avs don't really have a single impact prospect in the system, just hope they can get some role guys from them

1-Olausson
2-Foudy
3-Annunen
4-Kovalenko(we'll see if he ever comes over)
5-Behrens
6-Bowers
7-Beaucage
8-Miner
9-Stienburg
10-Ambrosio

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
What can you tell us about Lohrei? I don't know anything about him. Who's a comp for him?
i'm not sure if there's a good comp for lohrei, he's kind of a unicorn. 6'4" defenseman with some silky offensive skills.
was a forward for much of his hockey life and converted to defense, so still very raw as far as learning how to defend.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
:rangers
1. Vitali Kravtsov
2. Brennan Othmann
3. Brett Berard
4. Maxim Barbashev
5. Braden Schneider
6. Zac Jones
7. Adam Sykora
8. Will Cuylle
9. Matthew Robertson
10. Dylan Garand

Schneider is at 78 games. He’s definitely not a prospect anymore.

I’d argue the 25 game mark is valid, so Jones and Kravtsov aren’t anymore either.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Why are there so many Prospect Police in here?

It's turning a fun thread to read into real annoying. Thanks to those putting the lists together of their young guns that are up and coming.

If the first post said to keep the number of games as a certain amount or lower, I get it... But that's not the case here

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Why are there so many Prospect Police in here?

It's turning a fun thread to read into real annoying. Thanks to those putting the lists together of their young guns that are up and coming.

If the first post said to keep the number of games as a certain amount or lower, I get it... But that's not the case here
yup, i think whatever amount of games people think is reasonable for their own cutoff, so be it.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
:ducks2
Mintyukov
Zellweger
Dostal
Gaucher
Hinds
Warren
Luneau
Perreault
Pastajov
Thrun

Gaucher has moved way up for me. The Ducks are so deep in defense it is crazy.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
:rangers
1. Vitali Kravtsov
2. Brennan Othmann
3. Brett Berard
4. Maxim Barbashev
5. Braden Schneider
6. Zac Jones
7. Adam Sykora
8. Will Cuylle
9. Matthew Robertson
10. Dylan Garand
How is Braden Scheinder still on this list? He has been a full time NHL since halfway through last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad