Tanguay - Sakic - Hejduk
Kamensky - Forsberg - Lemieux
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Lehkonen - Drury - Deadmarsh

Toews - Makar
Bourque - Blake
Liles - Foote

Roy

I am sure there is better players (as I left off a lot) in certain spots and/or people will say why not X over X, but this was just my quick list off the top of my head.
Leaving off any Nordiques, and ignoring performance (as many in this thread are doing) there's still Kurri, Selanne, Kariya, Iginla, Ozolinsh, Theodore, Giguere...

...and now it's my turn to hear about who I may have forgotten.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Leaving off any Nordiques, and ignoring performance (as many in this thread are doing) there's still Kurri, Selanne, Kariya, Iginla, Ozolinsh, Theodore, Giguere...

Pierre Turgeon had a cup of coffee in Denver too.

Reactions: Hennessy

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Probably not the best Bruins, but tried to pick guys that were with us most of their careers and that sort of make a complete team instead of just the best scorers. Some nasty in this lineup too.

Bucyk-Esposito-Neely
Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Marcotte-Krejci-Middleton
Axelsson-O’Reilly-Cashman

Orr-Bourque
Chara-Shore
Smith-Milbury

Rask
Cheevers

Reactions: Bradely

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I can’t see anyone’s team beating the Habs and I hate them
Should not even be close

#2 Oilers
#3 Islanders

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Oilers is pretty easy.

Messier - Gretzky - Kurri
Draisaitl - McDavid - Smyth
Simpson - Weight - Anderson
Tikkanen - RNH - Hemsky

Pronger - Coffey
Huddy - Lowe
Gator Smith - Klefbom

Fuhr
Ranford

Would love to make room for
F: Klima, Marchant, Horcoff, MacTavish, Hunter, Guerin
D: Niinimaa, Gregg, Nurse, Bouchard (will be on here soon), Fogolin, a little more than one season of Ekholm isn't enough.
G: Salo, Talbot, Moog
Correct. 4th line RW pulling up the rest of the group.

• Love
Reactions: zar

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
Jagr-Lemieux-Francis
Guentzel-Malkin-Hossa
Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel

Dumoulin-Letang
Martin-Daley
Määttä-Schultz

Murray
Fleury

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Probably not the best Bruins, but tried to pick guys that were with us most of their careers and that sort of make a complete team instead of just the best scorers. Some nasty in this lineup too.

Bucyk-Esposito-Neely
Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Marcotte-Krejci-Middleton
Axelsson-O’Reilly-Cashman

Orr-Bourque
Chara-Shore
Smith-Milbury

Rask
Cheevers
Along those qualifying notes I’d have to include Milt Schmidt for his service to the Bruins and his country, but I like the list otherwise.

Reactions: SPV

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Clayton Keller - Jeremy Roenick - Shane Doan
Keith Tkachuk - Martin Hanzal - Radim Vrbata
Lawson Crouse - Daymond Langkow - Nick Schmaltz
Christian Fischer - Daniel Briere - Mikkel Boedker

Oliver EkmanLarsson - Teppo Numminen
Keith Yandle - Zbynek Michalek
Derek Morris - Jakob Chychrun

Mike Smith
Nikolai Khabibulin

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Shanahan-Oates-Hull
Gilmour-Gretzky-Demitra
Babych-Federko-Sutter
Turgeon-Weight-Tkachuk
Extra: Unger, Berenson

Pronger-MacInnis
Stevens-Pietrangelo
Plager-Parayko
Extra: Bouwmeester

Glenn Hall
Jacques Plante
Ex: Binnington

That has to be top 5

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Kaprizov-Koivu-Gaborik
Parise-Eriksson Ek-Boldy
Demitra-E.Staal-Vanek
Bouchard-Coyle-Brunette

Suter - Spurgeon
Brodin - Burns
Schultz - Dumba

Backstrom
Dubnyk

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Jagr-Messier-Richards
Kovalev-Gretzky-Bure
Gartner-Lafontaine-Panarin
Fleury-Lindros-St. Louis

Hm: Doug Weight, Tony Amonte, Markus Naslund, Marian Gaborik, Rick Nash + Adam Graves

Leetch- Zubov
Fox-McDonagh
Patrick-Malik (strictly for his shootout skills ;)

Lundqvist
Shesterkin/Richter

This is strictly off the top of my head of players who played since I've been watching, and I'm assuming I get them at their peak.

Last edited:

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
1) Jagr-Lemieux-Francis
Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel

Dumoulin-Letang
Martin-Daley
Määttä-Schultz

Murray
Fleury
Made a simple adjustment :)

Islanders? Not sure they’re even in the top half of the league.
Yes... Islanders were absolutely great and undefeatable. Talent, grit, netter and coaching.
Habs, Oilers and Islanders were in my opinion, the best of thy NHL dynasties.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Penguins

Heinen, Beech, Armstrong
LaCouture, Fata, Adams
Toms, Primeau (Wayne), Meloche
Murley, Endicott, Harkins

Melichar, Heins
McKenna, Moran
Johnson, Ruhwedel

Caron
Aubin

No one can top this. The Penguins all time is just unbeatable.

Made a simple adjustment :)

Yes... Islanders were absolutely great and undefeatable. Talent, grit, netter and coaching.
Habs, Oilers and Islanders were in my opinion, the best of thy NHL dynasties.
It was the other way around.

Lemieux, Francis, Jagr and Francis, Lemieux, Jagr - aka "the scorelords" and that stupid poster most of us Pens fans had at one point. Ronnie Franchise would take lost of the face offs.

I still have mine, it's in a packing tube at my parents place back in Sewickley.

I can't do a real one because I wouldn't know where I'd place the likes of - Kovalev, Straka, Crosby, Malkin, Tocchet, Lemieux, Jagr, Francis, Naslund, Lang, Hossa, Kessel, Carter, Stevens, Staal, Guentzel, Recchi, Kunitz, Mullen, etc

Especially if we're picking them at their peak. Otherwise some won't make sense.

Last edited:

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta

Deadmarsh, Liles and Foote were for sure the ones I figured that would be questioned, maybe some others as well. I just enjoyed those 3 players on and off the ice when they played (Or in Liles case, still doing tv things for the team)

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
GD the Oilers top 6 of Gretzky, Messier, McDavid, Kurri, Anderson and Draisatl in their best years have a combined 865 total points between them (I may have missed one) and Coffey/Bouchard have 220 total points in their best years between them for 1085 total points between their top 6 forwards and starting defense.

That is gods be damned obscene

If there's truly no rules no rules as per the OP, then you could add Adam Oates & Bernie Nicholls on team all time Oilers too... Which would be another 292 points in their best seasons.

😉

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Tikannen-Gretzky-Kurri
Smyth-McDavid-Draisaitl
Hall-Messier-Anderson
Simpson-Weight-Guerin
Hemsky, RNH

Pronger-S. Smith
Coffey-Huddy
Ekholm-Bouchard
Lowe

Fuhr
Cujo

Assuming players are only as good as they were as an Oiler (so not including a guy like Adam Oates who was a shadow of the player he once was).

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Only going with players I've actually seent.

Shanahan-Yzerman-Hull
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Hossa
Kozlov-Larkin-Fedorov
Maltby-Draper-McCarty

Lidstrom-Chelios
Kronwall-Seider
Schneider-Rafalski

Hasek
Osgood

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Wings historic lineup been done a million times and you could absolutely stack the team with the marquee names that played here past their primes or whatever (both in the original six and the Ken Holland days lol) so here's one take at the less well remembered eras of various Wings teams:

FORWARDS
  • Delvecchio • Ullman • Howe (sixties Wings group, Delvecchio and Ullman both underrated compared to the rest of the usual original six Wings, poor Ullman literally missed the dynasty and got stuck with the declining and soon to be Dead Wings)
  • Gallant • Yzerman • Probert (late eighties resurgent Wings, Probert is an icon on the level of Yzerman and Gallant is one of the forgotten Wings who sadly missed the glory years)
  • Ysebaert • Fedorov • Burr (early nineties elite counter line, Burr also one of the forgotten Wings who shouldn't have missed the glory years)
  • Libett • Dionne • Redmond (early "Dead Wings" crew that Wings fans shouldn't forget about, Mickey gets his due as a broadcaster as the voice of the Wings, and Dionne is an all timer and Kings legend, but Libett is just an underrated player who was stuck with Detroit during the dark days)
  • extras: Walker and Foyston (coast league legends winding down with the Detroit Cougars lol)
DEFENSE
  • Coffey • Lidstrom (classic mid nineties pre glory years pairing, and unlike many Wings fan I'm not sour on Coffey, most talented defenseman I've ever seen and his coming over sorted out a Lidstrom sophomore slump)
  • Chiasson • Konstantinov (not the most common pairing for these guys but a pairing nonetheless pre Russian Five, Chiasson another Wing who just missed out on the glory years and deserved better)
  • Park • Larson (Larson late Dead Wings standout, Park didn't play much here but did coach the infamously bad 1985-1986 team lol)
  • extras: Zombo (exemplified the late eighties Wings D, not very talented but tough and determined)

GOALIES
  • Rutherford (the main Dead Wings era goalie, can you imagine his position lol?)
  • Stefan/Hanlon (Demers era platoon)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad