Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Leon Draisaitl signs extension with the Oilers (8 years, $14M AAV; begins 2025-26)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Connor McDavid easily gets a 17 million dollar plus extension. Right?

Maybe 18.

McDavid can legit ask for whatever he wants, but I see it far more likely that he'll take a deal in the 15 range. Big difference is when you compare their career earnings and the fact that Draisaitl was underpaid on his last deal.

McDavid: 9 seasons, $82.4M career earnings
Draisaitl: 10 seasons, $62.3M career earnings

Reactions: Snuggs

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
1) Every team was pounded hard by the Avalanche. That was one of the most dominant playoff runs in history, They were never trailing in a series in the entire playoffs. They lost 4 games combined, and they thumped every team they played in at least one game. The Avalanche literally took the entire league behind the woodshed here, I don't know why the Oilers get ragged on for that more than anyone else.

2) Vegas players thought it was pretty close. Marchessault has stated that the Oilers were the best team that they played and they were lucky to have beaten them.

3) Nearly swept means nothing. They almost completed the reverse sweep, which also means nothing. Any way you slice it, losing in game seven isn't getting "taken behind the shed."
1. I agree, but the Blues and Lightning put up more of a fight and it was a pretty lopsided Conference Finals. IMO, its the weakness of the Pacific letting the Oilers get that far at all and outside of the Knights, same will happen next year where Dallas, COL, and Nash will destroy each other.

2. Again. High five for being the best loser? I dont get why this is a flex. And that Kngihts run had one of the easier paths weve seen in a long time. Jets, meh. Stars, meh, but IMO got lucky the Avs had no Landeskog and the Nuke drama and saw the Stars instead. Then was lucky the Panthers took out the entire East for them.

3. A lot of If's on both ends of the sweep/reverse sweep, but if they were swept, a lot could be different today. We'd be saying it was one of the weakest teams to make it to a Cup final in years. Who knows it Draisaitl re-signs and then could domino to Connor not. Point being they were 1 game from being "taken behind the shed". Im not going to pretend like that series wasnt a gongshow. It would be different if it was competitive and back and forth wins. Instead both teams sucked for long stretches.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Bouchard is an elite #1 D-man? haha in what world? Wow you guys get more delusional by the day...

I better get off of here for today. The homerism is too much...
Go back to Calpuck and learn some more braindead talking points. :laugh::laugh:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Oilers are not my team, but if they were, I would wonder where the money room for better support.

Good luck...
FWIW they came within one goal of the cup with 7 m in dead cap between the James Neal buyout and Campbell waiting to be bought out

Signing their superstars to fair contracts is the least of their worries

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Oilers are not my team, but if they were, I would wonder where the money room for better support.

Good luck...
Depending on how things play out, I can see Bouchard being a pump n dump candidate. He’s not really a true top pairing defenceman but his offensive upside will intrigue a lot of teams. This of course would likely be Plan B.

For Edmonton priority is Draisaitl and McDavid, figure the rest out later. They also picked up some reclamation projects that could contribute on ELC’s or cheap contracts

Reactions: Voight

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Jesus man. You guys now have (or will have. $50M wrapped up in 4 guys. I like the oilers but that’s gonna be tough putting together an 18 man supporting roster with $38M.
I'm sure McDavid and Bouchard will both take very team friendly contracts to help the rest of the guys on the roster get their fair share. ;)

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
They gotta find a way to get rid of Darnell Nurse now. But that's Bowman... will crunch the cap and sink a team with the weight of the contracts like the Titanic.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Bouchard's contact expires at the end of this season.
This scenario that I am reading about ad nauseum is 2026.. the one where drai, bouch and McD are making 40 million or whatever people are saying. This season coming up.. next month... 24 million.

A lot can happen in 2 years...

Eg. Didn't the Flames win the Pacific with 111 points 2 years ago?

First concern is 2024... The haters are having such a hard time finding flaws that they are now going 2 full seasons ahead to let us know we will suck in 2026.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad