OT: 2024 NFL/NCAA/HS Football Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
That's what I'm baffled with as well. He could've easily just slid there and avoided any contact. I get that he may not have known exactly where the 1st down marker was there, but it seems like a rather unnecessary risk taken by a player that more than anyone in the NFL should be looking to avoid contact at all costs.

Just sucks all around as he's such a good young player. Unfortunately, he probably really needs to consider retirement at this point...or whatever the equivalent of LTIR is for the NFL.

Anyone know what his financial situation is? Assuming he has more than enough to retire and live comfortably the rest of his life, though it's also understandably tough to walk away when he could seemingly be a star in this league. Hopefully if he does decide to hand 'em up he can find another career in the NFL, maybe in broadcasting.

He just signed a massive deal in the summer worth 200M+ the guarantees are the only thing he'll get if he walks away which are still pretty high the last time I looked at it but the Dolphins owner will probably fight him/insurance for awarding the whole deal to Tua.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone who knows the CBA/stuff better but I saw that stuff circulating Twitter/NFL reporters lol

Reactions: My3Sons

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
He just signed a massive deal in the summer worth 200M+ the guarantees are the only thing he'll get if he walks away which are still pretty high the last time I looked at it but the Dolphins owner will probably fight him/insurance for awarding the whole deal to Tua.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone who knows the CBA/stuff better but I saw that stuff circulating Twitter/NFL reporters lol
Depends on the ownership. From what I understand the Colts didn't ask Luck for anything back. The Lions fought Calvin Johnson.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Ugly ass win, defense settled down after the early hiccups. Sucks to lose Johnson for the year. Get ready for the home opener and a tough matchup v NE with a defensive game on Thursday

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
the Giants finding yet another creative way to lose a game.

And while NO will not ring up 40+ every week they are making it look very easy so far. 35 in the first half in Dallas is nothing to sneeze at. Kubiak has made Carr look very good. I am curious if they can score easily against a better defense like Philly.

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Titans could have made that game look ugly in the first half if Levis didn't try playing street ball with that wacky lateral. Rodgers is still getting back to speed clearly, but he can still sling it when it counts. The TD to Breece and the long passes to Garrett and Williams were beautiful balls.

Feel awful for JJ. He's a hell of a player and person, hope he can come back strong.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Ugly ass win, defense settled down after the early hiccups. Sucks to lose Johnson for the year. Get ready for the home opener and a tough matchup v NE with a defensive game on Thursday
It’s criminal that they scheduled them 3 games in 11 days to start the season. You can almost take it to the bank that they have more injuries this week.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It’s criminal that they scheduled them 3 games in 11 days to start the season. You can almost take it to the bank that they have more injuries this week.

Most likely, the good thing though is this is a home game and NE has to come to us and it'll be the opener. Hopefully no memes of Rodgers with the flag this year. Trying to figure out how I can get to MetLife after work on Thursday from the city because I definitely want to see this game lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad