Czechs in North America

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
I think their might be a mental healthy type issue too. I'm guessing but something strange happened. Hope he's all sorted.

On a good news note... our EHT tour should be stacked.lol We are starting to have a almost Finnish like home league with good players for a base for World Championships...

Kempny, Hajek, Kundratek are all still effective

Kaut, Zadina, Simon, O. Kase, Cervenka, Sedlak, Zohorna and, most likely, Kubalik are also very good on the NT

Our Euro contingent is definitely stronger than normal years. Also guys I like include Chlapik, Spacek and Tomasek.

Plus a whole slew of young guys just returned and hopefully they get some looks and proper ice time. Eg. Malik, Rysavy, Hujer, Kubicek, Teply, Has, Sapousek, Moravec and Pekar. Hope they get ice time and develop further!
A little bit unrelated but I think our League is better than Finnish League now

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
A little bit unrelated but I think our League is better than Finnish League now
It's closer than it's ever been.

BUT

I still see teenage Czechs going to Liiga.. I don't see any young Finn's coming to Extraliga.

Eg. I think Kos and Katolicky are in Finland. I could be wrong of course.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Kubalik does have an NHL out clause. He can leave Ambri until mid December.
It's pretty clear Kubalik wants to play in the NHL but he wants to do it on his own terms.

Reactions: Fil and Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Another one bites the dust...

And another.one goes
And another one goes

And another one bites the dust

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Our Europe contingent is getting to be pretty good.lol.

Kubalik and zadina gone. Vrana by a thread.

I say 60-40 he ends up in Sweden.

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
It's closer than it's ever been.

BUT

I still see teenage Czechs going to Liiga.. I don't see any young Finn's coming to Extraliga.

Eg. I think Kos and Katolicky are in Finland. I could be wrong of course.
they are yes but I dont think either will play much

Our Europe contingent is getting to be pretty good.lol.

Kubalik and zadina gone. Vrana by a thread.

I say 60-40 he ends up in Sweden.
Vrana goes to Swiss or Sparta mark my words, but I think he will make the Caps roster though

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
they are yes but I dont think either will play much

Vrana goes to Swiss or Sparta mark my words, but I think he will make the Caps roster though
God I hope so... I think ovi is in for a decline so it may have been a smart pto location.

Reactions: Fil

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So I quicky looked at how we stand with our NHL skaters for the next season.

And we have only 12!!!! guaranteed (or hopefully guaranteed) skaters in the NHL next season. 14 with Jiricek and Kulich, but they can go either way. Can make a whole season or play 20 games.

This is rock bottom guys. We are basically at the level of Switzerland and Slovakia right now as for number of NHL skaters.

Only thing left is to hope for a lot of surprising full season appearances from guys like Vrana, Rousek, Blumel, Spacek, Svozil, Klapka, Jeník etc. But I am not very optimistic lol. If one of them gets full season I think we will be grateful

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo

And we have only 12!!!! guaranteed (or hopefully guaranteed) skaters in the NHL next season. 14 with Jiricek and Kulich, but they can go either way. Can make a whole season or play 20 games.

This is rock bottom guys. We are basically at the level of Switzerland and Slovakia right now as for number of NHL skaters.

Only thing left is to hope for a lot of surprising full season appearances from guys like Vrana, Rousek, Blumel, Spacek, Svozil, Klapka, Jeník etc. But I am not very optimistic lol. If one of them gets full season I think we will be grateful
Slovakia can only dream of having 12 NHLers.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So that's why everyone is returning to Europe lol. They know Havlat just take Pasta and Necas from NHL and won't bother to talk to anyone else
LOL so true

Third line in Polish league.. welcome to the NT!
1st rounder scoring .ppg in AHL - never heard of him.lol

Reactions: Fil

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
There was 14 Slovaks in NHL 2013-2014

100 years ago Latvians were the ones who actually introduced ice hockey to Russia and they still use some Latvian terms in modern day Russia.

I'm not sure what that does have to do with 2024, but since we're talking about hockey history it's about as relevant

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy and Fil

Fil

Nov 1, 2023

we win one gold medal then everything turns to shit.. wtf

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Pardubice demolished a Finn team in CHL.

I quickly looked and they got some great players.. Cervenka, Hajek, Kaut, Musil, Sustr, Sedlak and Radil. That is some very strong players for the Extraliga!

Reactions: czech and Fil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad