GDT: Super Late Last Minute Prospect Showdown GDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Best i've seen robertson look since drafting him.

I'm starting to really like mayich as a deep sleeper.

Dvorsky looks great again today. His smart first puck touches, wall play and vision have been on display. Has a very Datsyukian/O'reilly like stick when in pursuit of the puck, hes gonna be a 200 ft detailed stud in my somewhat bias opinion lol. I really think it's just a matter of time before he pops. Once he physically grows into a man, look out.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Bolduc looks like a man amongst boys. I'm at the game today. Good atmosphere, feels like an old time game with all the hits and scraps.

Can't really give a detailed scouting report but Dean looks good. He's not afraid to mix it up and throw his body around. Peterson is wreaking havoc with physical play. None of the d-men are really standing out to me for better or worse except Fischer made two bad mistakes on that Wild goal. Horrible ill-advised one time pass in front of his own goal. Burns has probably impressed me the most on the blue line.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Best i've seen robertson look since drafting him.

I'm starting to really like mayich as a deep sleeper.

Dvorsky looks great again today. His smart first puck touches, wall play and vision have been on display. Has a very Datsyukian/O'reilly like stick when in pursuit of the puck, hes gonna be a 200 ft detailed stud in my somewhat bias opinion lol. I really think it's just a matter of time before he pops. Once he physically grows into a man, look out.

I like Mayich's play quite a bit. Completely unrelated to the goal and fight, too. I liked him in last year's prospect scrimmages, too.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Really getting to the point where I expect a goal every time Dvorsky is on the ice.

Little bit of soft play in front of our net lets the Wild get one back.

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
My thoughts after both games...

Bolduc to me was clearly the best player on the ice both games. He continues to develop multiple aspects of his game to the point we can finally start hearing less and less of the Mike Hoffman comps. His physical game and his defensive game have taken notable leaps forward over the last year. He's every bit of a top 6 forward prospect.

I love Dvorsky's game. He's going to be an absolute beast by the time he's 22-23 years old. So much ROR in his game, especially in tight. I don't think he's quite ready but I think it makes sense to start him in the AHL this year. He's definitely improved his skating as his top speed is fine, its his first few steps he needs to work on and his game will become even more dynamic.

Dean looked very solid for the most part, I think he has 3C upside. I think his development would be best spent sharing the 1C/2C duties with Dvorsky in the AHL this year and one of the first callups.

Pekarcik is one of my favorite blues prospects and I love his upside. He's still very much a wild stallion as he plays so fast but not always so smart. I still see him as a bigger, faster, higher offensive potential Dallas Drake. Keep in mind he literally just turned 19 2 days ago.

Robertsson impressed me quite a bit. His game looks much better on North American ice and he made a lot of smart plays. I see some Carl Grunstrom in him which would be great on the 3rd/4th lines in a couple years.

Jecho is obviously very raw but he reminded me of a young and gangly Michal Handzus. Its going to take him time but I'm really interested to see what he looks like in 3 years with 20lbs of muscle on his frame.

Stancl has the makeup of a solid 4th liner and his skating looks like its taken a real step which is great to see.

I don't see any of the other forwards having a future in St. Louis moving forward.

On defense Buchinger has upside, probably as a 3rd pairing guy. I see Faulk-lite at best but I like his game. It's nice he can play both sides too.

I know Fischer made a few mistakes today but man I'm excited about his future. He's got some of his dad Jiri's game in him but much higher offensive upside than his pops. Just turned 18 a few days ago and hardly played the last few seasons before his draft year. Raw but big upside imo.

I really liked Quinton Burns game. I'd really like to see where he's at in 2-3 years. Has everything you want in a defensive physical dman.

Impressed by Mayich and McIssac as well for a number of reasons. Both have already passed Gaudet and Biakabatuka who I don't see the nhl in their futures.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
My thoughts after both games...

Bolduc to me was clearly the best player on the ice both games. He continues to develop multiple aspects of his game to the point we can finally start hearing less and less of the Mike Hoffman comps. His physical game and his defensive game have taken notable leaps forward over the last year. He's every bit of a top 6 forward prospect.

I love Dvorsky's game. He's going to be an absolute beast by the time he's 22-23 years old. So much ROR in his game, especially in tight. I don't think he's quite ready but I think it makes sense to start him in the AHL this year. He's definitely improved his skating as his top speed is fine, its his first few steps he needs to work on and his game will become even more dynamic.

Dean looked very solid for the most part, I think he has 3C upside. I think his development would be best spent sharing the 1C/2C duties with Dvorsky in the AHL this year and one of the first callups.

Pekarcik is one of my favorite blues prospects and I love his upside. He's still very much a wild stallion as he plays so fast but not always so smart. I still see him as a bigger, faster, higher offensive potential Dallas Drake. Keep in mind he literally just turned 19 2 days ago.

Robertsson impressed me quite a bit. His game looks much better on North American ice and he made a lot of smart plays. I see some Carl Grunstrom in him which would be great on the 3rd/4th lines in a couple years.

Jecho is obviously very raw but he reminded me of a young and gangly Michal Handzus. Its going to take him time but I'm really interested to see what he looks like in 3 years with 20lbs of muscle on his frame.

Stancl has the makeup of a solid 4th liner and his skating looks like its taken a real step which is great to see.

I don't see any of the other forwards having a future in St. Louis moving forward.

On defense Buchinger has upside, probably as a 3rd pairing guy. I see Faulk-lite at best but I like his game. It's nice he can play both sides too.

I know Fischer made a few mistakes today but man I'm excited about his future. He's got some of his dad Jiri's game in him but much higher offensive upside than his pops. Just turned 18 a few days ago and hardly played the last few seasons before his draft year. Raw but big upside imo.

I really liked Quinton Burns game. I'd really like to see where he's at in 2-3 years. Has everything you want in a defensive physical dman.

Impressed by Mayich and McIssac as well for a number of reasons. Both have already passed Gaudet and Biakabatuka who I don't see the nhl in their futures.

I don't need to do a write up because I echo your thoughts pretty much exactly. Bolduc has a lot more grit than I thought before he got called up. He's got that Perron feistiness that you love to see and he was kind of bullying the Wild prospects at times today.

Pretty sure I saw Jiri Fischer at the game today as there was a tall guy wearing a Red Wings jacket there. Kinda wish I had said hello in Czech just to verify. I saw JR as well and kept wondering if Army and/or Steen was in attendance and if so where they were hiding out.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I just got back from the scrimmage myself. Everyone here's pretty much nailed it.

- Bolduc is a bulldog out there. When he didn't have the puck he was mixing it up all over the ice. I loved the physicality.

- Dvorsky is such a talent. He had one wrister right in front of me and I was wowed by his release. Crazy to see a kid shoot like that. Three assists and looked like he was dangerous every time he touched the puck.

- Mayich was very impressive today. Physical. Smart plays to break up a number of rushes. I'm curious to see how he develops.

- Cranley had a great game today. Very calm in there for the most part. Sound positioning. Take away a couple of awful defensive plays and he throws up the shutout today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad