GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-2-0, 10 Pts) vs. Washington Capitals (2-1-0, 4 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN2

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
47% CF and 49% xG, SCF, and HDCF this year. They’ve got a loooooooooooooong way to go. Don’t be fooled by the record like people were early last year. This has not been a good hockey team yet.

Reactions: Bosskarelli and JK3

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
47% CF and 49% xG, SCF, and HDCF this year. They’ve got a loooooooooooooong way to go. Don’t be fooled by the record like people were early last year. This has not been a good hockey team yet.

Yeah I think Markstrom is saving them a lot early on this year and they're getting some good performances from dmen we weren't expecting. The big boys will take them as far as they backpack us, similar to 22-23. Too much fluctuation from my liking but we'll see how they do this upcoming week. Gotta get 2 wins minimum

1-0-1 against Washington is fine

Eh lol

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Yeah I think Markstrom is saving them a lot early on this year and they're getting some good performances from dmen we weren't expecting. The big boys will take them as far as they backpack us, similar to 22-23. Too much fluctuation from my liking but we'll see how they do this upcoming week. Gotta get 2 wins minimum

Eh lol

I don’t agree at all it’s similar to 22-23 as 22-23 was a dominant hockey team.

Reactions: Killing Joke

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Not it isn’t. They are vastly inferior talent wise. Our talent is just mia.

Game ain't played on paper, it's played on the ice.

That vastly inferior team has also beaten Vegas and Dallas in regulation. We're the only team to hand them a defeat of any kind so far.

Not every game needs to be treated in a life or death manner. There's 74 more of these to go. We won't play this way every time out.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don’t agree at all it’s similar to 22-23 as 22-23 was a dominant hockey team.

I never said that? I'm saying the top guys have to show up a bit more like they did that year especially Jack. And most of it starts from the backend, their outlets are atrocious for the most part which Luke will help tremendously in and Pesce can at least hit a forward once in a while better than some of the dmen in the lineup right now

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Why only 5v5?

All strengths since the start of the year: 50.66% CF%, 53.35% SCF%, 53% HDCF%, 56% xGF%.

3rd in the league in xGF%.

Reactions: Monsieur Verdoux

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I still think a lot of those numbers should at least be above even with the returns or debuts/whatever of Pesce and Luke. That's causing people to play up and others to play who may not otherwise be playing at all right now on D. I think we know who....

And I'm sure Jack being a ghost doesn't help those numbers either.

Reactions: Dialamo

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
We could be undefeated and you would be complaining
This team has not been good enough what so ever regardless of what the record has said. When they play actual playoff teams, they’ve been smoked. They were not particularly good against Ottawa, they barely beat Washington last game, their only good wins were against Buffalo and Utah.

they were thoroughly out class by Toronto and the canes, and tonight they found every way to lose.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
f*** it...let's go full circus. 3v3...plus each team's mascot. The mascot has to touch the puck before a goal can be scored.

as long as we dont sign "slapshot" instead of NJ ...he touches too much

Screen Shot 2024-10-19 at 10.22.41 PM.png

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I hate Palat's contract as much as the next guy but there's no world where MacDermid is a better player. If he is then Palat should just be Mogilnied right now.

Palat’s a complete negative in every single game. Sure he’s still at least somewhat better than Palat but Palat’s also going to play a lot more than he should and a lot more than MacDermid would. It also might actually light a fire under Palat’s ass to quit being so bad if he’s scratched for a goon.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I still think a lot of those numbers should at least be above even with the returns or debuts/whatever of Pesce and Luke. That's causing people to play up and others to play who may not otherwise be playing at all right now on D. I think we know who....

And I'm sure Jack being a ghost doesn't help those numbers either.

I mean a guy like Kovacevic has been forced into playing up and outside of tonight he’s been great all year. Luke/Pesce coming back will probably have some positive impact but I don’t expect it’ll be this transformative thing. Especially not right off the bat with both of them returning from injuries.

Yes, but at least with MacDermid you only have to see him for like 4 minutes a game.:sarcasm:

You say sarcasm but that’s literally one of the positives of swapping the 2.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad