GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-2-0, 10 Pts) vs. Washington Capitals (2-1-0, 4 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN2

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Markstrom let a subhuman talent-less goon snipe him twice. Keefe needs his head examined for not pulling markstrom.

Nico was atrocious in O especially that dumb ass line change.

This team is not good enough atm. All our wins are off of bad teams. This includes the team that just beat us.

This is garbage. Tom Wilson is a 20 goal scorer, he's not Matt Rempe. He's running hot to start the year and is feeling it right now. You'd like Markstrom to make that save in OT but it's not all on him.

Nico willed us back into this game. He couldn't win a draw in OT, but that area of the game can't be a one man show.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
They've got to make a change where once you cross the red line with possession you're not allowed to go back with possession or something. I hate when OT becomes what it was for the Caps tonight.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wow quick to criticize marky he had been great. Team was sloppy all night in front of him
I agree, I don't think he was that bad this game. He wasn't any good, but I don't think he did much wrong in this game. Maybe one of the regulation goals? I gotta go through them again.

Still, the OT goal was certainly not a good one, but also not the worst I saw in this game either. That was probably Haula on Thompson.

Reactions: HersheyBob27

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
This is garbage. Tom Wilson is a 20 goal scorer, he's not Matt Rempe. He's running hot to start the year and is feeling it right now. You'd like Markstrom to make that save in OT but it's not all on him.

Nico willed us back into this game. He couldn't win a draw in OT, but that area of the game can't be a one man show.

Look at the poster who posted that, we'd all kill for Tom Wilson in this team's top 6

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Something needs to be done with overtime. Boring when one team keeps bringing it out of the zone.

I swore they were talking about making it a whistle for a faceoff if you purposely rag it back out of the zone with possession to stop teams from doing that. Guess it never got past the GM meetings.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Markstrom let a subhuman talent-less goon snipe him twice. Keefe needs his head examined for not pulling markstrom.

This team is not good enough atm. All our wins are off of bad teams. This includes the team that just beat us.

Nico was the only reason this game even got tied up, twice.

Of all the players to name you chose Nico who literally willed the team to a point and put it on his back.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

You can complain and say whatever but Wilson is not a talent-less goon. He can actually play hockey. That was a perfectly placed shot and most goalies don't make that save.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Something needs to be done with overtime. Boring when one team keeps bringing it out of the zone.
The Devils usually win in overtime and have had a ton of success in it. I think the KHL started a rule where a team gets a penalty if they take it out the offensive under pressure and pass the red line when they retreat. Maybe the NHL will add that at some point but overtime is still usually fun/exciting.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Ya I don’t remotely understand playing Siegenthaler in OT even though he’s been much better and great defensively this season. Especially putting him out for every other shift

I don't think Keefe did his hw with this team and how bad they are in the shootouts.

You win or lose in OT, unlike the caps. Putting Siegs out there is a headscratcher

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Again, I'm not gonna complain too much about losing in OT with how horrible those first two periods were. Still the worst two periods of the season.

And we didn't have to suffer through a shootout either.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
They've got to make a change where once you cross the red line with possession you're not allowed to go back with possession or something. I hate when OT becomes what it was for the Caps tonight.

I think once you cross center ice you can’t go back over your own blue line and once you cross into the OZ then you can’t go back over center

Reactions: Billdo

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Giving up six to these fossils is inexcusable, a total embarrassment.

Letting them take it to us the entire OT is almost worse. Lindy sucked be he knew how to deploy our guys 3 on 3, need to go balls to the wall there.
We never really had the puck bc of what the Caps were doing. I don't think they touched it at all for the first minute and half or so and when we had it they did "go balls to the wall", not sure what you want them to do without the puck.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Lol we gotta stop this narrative on this board, they're a good team mostly every year. Let's just hope we can do what we did in 2023 again and not lose focus after that round 1 :laugh:
Yeah it's just bitterness...they constantly get 100 points a year and they're lucky, we get 100 points one season and we're a perennial contender lmao

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad