GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-2-0, 10 Pts) vs. Washington Capitals (2-1-0, 4 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN2

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
On the whole you can’t fault Markstrom there, but you want that save. Their goalie made the A1 save that got them the extra point, ours didn’t.

I’m faulting Markstrom on that shot. I’m not faulting him for the game. Markstrom DID make the stops to get us an extra point. We didn’t even deserve the loser point.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
There's a large contingent that thinks that an odd man rush means a harder save for the goalie.

It's only a harder save for the goalie when it's not defended and the pass gets over. That one did not. Markstrom has the shooter and the shooter clowned him.
I think it’s a notably harder save. I bet they go in a lot more often.

The shooter has a lot more time and space to walk right into it and pick his spot. That makes a huge difference IMO. Goalie also has to be ready in case it does get over.

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
There's a large contingent that thinks that an odd man rush means a harder save for the goalie.

It's only a harder save for the goalie when it's not defended and the pass gets over. That one did not. Markstrom has the shooter and the shooter clowned him.
Well by definition its harder in the sense that there are options that would not exist if it was a one on one; but harder is probably better replaced by complicated

Sometimes, though, we need to just give credit to the shooter for picking his spot

Reactions: devilsblood

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Blah blah blah perfect shot.

And Blackwood and Vitek weren't the problem either. Nor was Jon Gillies.

By the way, Markstrom has been good this season, so I'm not blaming him for much, but that OT goal sucked.

I know it's just one guy that has a problem with me shitting on him for it.

Reactions: Dialamo

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Markstrom let a subhuman talent-less goon snipe him twice. Keefe needs his head examined for not pulling markstrom.

Nico was atrocious in O especially that dumb ass line change.

This team is not good enough atm. All our wins are off of bad teams. This includes the team that just beat us.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I really did think that chance by Jack with like 3 minutes left was going to be his "I'm back bitches!" moment.

I mean we’d be saying that until he then ghosts again for a bit until his next “I’m back” moment. Just like his goal in Carolina was his support to be his “I’m back” moment until he follows that up with Ottawa and tonight.

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
Markstrom let a subhuman talent-less goon snipe him twice. Keefe needs his head examined for not pulling markstrom.

This team is not good enough atm. All our wins are off of bad teams. This includes the team that just beat us.

Can we wait until Luke and Pesce get here and we have played half a season with a new coach and system before we start this stuff?

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
The Isles are once again racking up the OT loser points.

It's amazing how they lose in OT. It can be a 1-0 OT loss or a 6-5 OT loss.

Great

And goalies stop those shots sometimes. But Markstrom didn't stop shit tonight and got beat short side on the OT winner.
Wow quick to criticize marky he had been great. Team was sloppy all night in front of him

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ya I don’t remotely understand playing Siegenthaler in OT even though he’s been much better and great defensively this season. Especially putting him out for every other shift
3-on-3 is clearly the situation where you bench your second best offensive D to get it to a f***ing shootout where we probably won't win either.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY

I’ve seen Japanese rail systems less reliable than your posts

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Devils are 1-0-1 so far on my vacation. Had to listen on the radio again tonight. Matt & Chico are great and it was nice to get a point out of this one after trailing by 2 goals twice in this game. 5-2-1 is better than 5-3-0 but the team has to play better 5 on 5 hockey.

The thought of getting Pesce and Luke back soon will help pull a weak link or so out of the lineup on defense for now. Also Jack needs to start scoring soon , 5 points in 8 games just seems alot worse than it is. Not trying to single out one player as Mercer was slumping prior to tonight as well. Palat too. Still early in the season...I'm sure Jack will find his game soon but him playing like this is hard to watch.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, Siegenthaler in 3 on 3 is like some of those weirdo decisions to put Lovejoy or Greene out there for 3 on 3 back during the Hynes era.

Though these days we have wayyyyyyy better options.

At least we didn't see some rando unit what whatever defenseman with Palat and Bastian.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Except for you, Nico

1729389705184.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad