GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-2-0, 10 Pts) vs. Washington Capitals (2-1-0, 4 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN2

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I don't think Keefe did his hw with this team and how bad they are in the shootouts.

You win or lose in OT, unlike the caps. Putting Siegs out there is a headscratcher
I don’t even care that much about pushing for shootout at not. Given the very heightened importance of skating and skill in overtime I don’t think Siegenthaler should be out there even if we just want to run the clock out. We have 5 more mobile dmen who might all be more effective in OT

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I think once you cross center ice you can’t go back over your own blue line and once you cross into the OZ then you can’t go back over center

This wouldn't fix what happened. The caps would probably just never attack then

They'd need to do something stupid like "force" them to cross the line when they get possession or get a penalty (in addition to all the things you said). I can't see the league implementing that

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
The Devils usually win in overtime and have had a ton of success in it. I think the KHL started a rule where a team gets a penalty if they take it out the offensive under pressure and pass the red line when they retreat. Maybe the NHL will add that at some point but overtime is still usually fun/exciting.

It would be even better if half the OT wasn't stalling.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
A score effect 3rd period and Nico going god mode made this game look a lot better than it really was.
Pretty much yeah...even if you want to attribute the losing goal to him, he still basically was the reason for three goals so he was +2 and everyone else was a f***ing -3 in value

Reactions: Hisch13r

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Lol we gotta stop this narrative on this board, they're a good team mostly every year. Let's just hope we can do what we did in 2023 again and not lose focus after that round 1 :laugh:

Our fan base being so concerned with them is embarassing at this point.
Just let me vent for the fun of it damnit! :laugh::laugh:

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
It's more then solid. Record wise we are right where we want to be
Agreed. If we average 2 wins every 3 games, we’re golden. We’re doing that without our A game, with key injuries, while learning a new system, with a whacky schedule to start the year. I’m glad.

Hopefully, they gel and become a well oiled unit once everyone is in the lineup. Including Jack. We need way more performances like the Buffalo x2, Washington (first game) and Utah games.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Coaches will find a way to suck the life out of everything so I'm not sure how long any changes to OT would last before people would find something else to bitch about. The ragging the puck is annoying...unless it's your team doing it during a win, then it's fine.
My theory is that if you stop allowing teams to bring the puck out of the zone and stuff you would end up with a lot more down low battling it out between a bunch of tired players. Think it would take away from the back and forth off the rush offence and the offence created overall.

A 15 second SHOT CLOCK!
Interesting idea

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
cachedImage.jpg

Palat has to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad