GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-2-0, 10 Pts) vs. Washington Capitals (2-1-0, 4 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN2

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Peace and Luke were in regular practice jerseys and practicing

2 players have to go down once they get activated

My guess is probably Nemec and Casey tbh

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I feel like there’s this weird revisionist history going on with Jack because he’s not been himself for such a long time now. People are acting like he needs to overhaul his game and become this responsible guy that plays within the confines of the system and adjusts his game to be his best. I don’t want that guy. I want the 21-22 and 22-23 Jack that was out there doing his thing and pummeling the competition. He wasn’t some freewheeler that just only cared about offense. He was engaged defensively and posted strong defensive results. Sure the guy wasn’t Bergeron out there but that’s not what you want from Jack Hughes.
I think it’s an adjustment period tbh

Keefe is obviously instilling structure into this team and if you look at the team as a whole the north/south players(hischier,timo,cotter,noesen) are a step ahead of the east and west players right now(bratt,Hughes)

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020

First that means nothing at a morning skate. Morning skates are contactless so everybody wears normal jerseys.

And nobody actually has to go down. The devils have 21 people without those 2 because they’re only carrying one extra forward. But unless they plan on carrying 9 D with two of them being 20 and possibly out of the lineup I’d imagine at least one of them is sent down (Casey). Don’t think Luke’s all that close to being though. I would expect Pesce very soon with Casey likely coming out.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

I don't know who else you'd take out, especially with Kovacevic, who was likely looked at as being the #7 guy coming in earning a regular spot with his play so far.

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
That's what I felt happened to Luke last season, but Ruff and co. just ground Luke into a pulp by November. Took him another two months to turn it around.

How was Luke's lack of defensive play Lindy Ruff's fault? That wasn't something that just happened at the end of the year. He clearly wasn't NHL ready but the decision to play him prominent minutes did not come from the coaching staff.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I don't know who else you'd take out, especially with Kovacevic, who was likely looked at as being the #7 guy coming in earning a regular spot with his play so far.
Still think it’ll be a while before Luke’s back. So we’ll see where things are at once he is but Nemec’s been starting to play better and better and Kovacevic’s great play may not sustain as others have mentioned as well. We will see.

My guess is that unless Kovacevic is still playing this great hockey in a bit when Luke’s back and Nemec isn’t, Kovacevic may still end up the odd man out.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Just an observation but Markstrom this season seems to have really poor positioning. Granted, a lot of the goals against have been deflected, but he always seems way out of his crease to be able to make saves. Not saying he was the problem tonight but it's just an area of concern.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad