Value of: Would Stars trade Roope Hintz for anyone, except for that one Oiler?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
stats don't mean anything when they paint my player in a negative light

Half of you can't even spell correctly, and you expect me to take your opinions seriously. Lol.
Stutzle just outscored your boy by 10 plus points while being 5 years younger let's see your take on those stats.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Stutzle just outscored your boy by 10 plus points while being 5 years younger let's see your take on those stats.
In a vacuum, I take Stutzle - for Dallas I take Hintz. I believe Hintz playstyle, speed etc. is more suitable on Stars. The chemistry with Robertson and Pavs is off the charts. For some random team I`d take Stutzle. That actually is probably what OP has in mind here and many ppl dont seem to understand that. It`s contract, production, chemistry etc for his team.

Reactions: Coffees

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
They could but I`m not sure they would. It`s not about the players, but more about the fit for the team and chemistry. You know what you have, but not how the new guy pans out. As of now, the Stars 1-line is one of the best in the league and thats cause of the chemistry. If it was an outside team searching for a C, most would take Hughes and Stutzle over Hintz. He is however a fit with Robertson and Pavs, so Dallas probably wouldnt.
They would, both Hughes and Stutzle have outproduced him significantly at a younger age and are both signed long term to value contracts.
I understand the fans desire to keep the guy they know fits in but sometimes the fans are just fixated on keeping their guy.
This is nothing against Roope Hintz or Dallas fans in general, but every GM would take the younger player that produces at a higher rate for the same money.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
just the ONE oiler? I bash the oilers a lot but Leon has 3 50 goal seasons, 8+ 70 pt season and is 27. Hintz is 27 with only 2 70+pt season.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
every GM would take the younger player that produces at a higher rate for the same money.
Again - there is no guarantee the other players produce at the same rate in another environment. Sure as I said before - 95% of the GM:s take Hughes and Stutzle before Hintz considering age and contracts beeing about the same. I`m just not sure Dallas would.

Reactions: Coffees

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
My boy isn’t sitting on a couch watching other teams in the playoffs. He’s scoring hat-tricks and leading in points. Keep up kid
That’s great, definitely wouldn’t trade Stutzle for Hintz, Stu who just put up 90 points on his ELC.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
just the ONE oiler? I bash the oilers a lot but Leon has 3 50 goal seasons, 8+ 70 pt season and is 27. Hintz is 27 with only 2 70+pt season.
8yrs of Hintz or 2yrs of Draisaitl? Who do you take? Are people dumb here when not taking into considering contracts? Dallas has Benn and Seguin for almost 20M - they cant afford Draisaitl at 14-15M... And I rather have Hintz at 8.4M than Drai at almost double.

Ooh, and Hintz is 26

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
8yrs of Hintz or 2yrs of Draisaitl? Who do you take? Are people dumb here when not taking into considering contracts? Dallas has Benn and Seguin for almost 20M - they cant afford Draisaitl at 14-15M... And I rather have Hintz at 8.4M than Drai at almost double.

Ooh, and Hintz is 26
and how old is Leon? 27

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Again - there is no guarantee the other players produce at the same rate in another environment. Sure as I said before - 95% of the GM:s take Hughes and Stutzle before Hintz considering age and contracts beeing about the same. I`m just not sure Dallas would.
They would but I appreciate the fact that you like your player enough to think they'd consider keeping him over either. (Not sarcasm)

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
They would but I appreciate the fact that you like your player enough to think they'd consider keeping him over either. (Not sarcasm)
More like I rather have the guy I know has chemistry on my team and progresses every year than take a flier on another player of the same caliber that could be slightly better. If I was say Columbus or Nashville and had to choose between the three, Id probably take Stutzle. I take all three over most other considering contracts though. Even over MacKinnon.

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
More like I rather have the guy I know has chemistry on my team and progresses every year than take a flier on another player of the same caliber that could be slightly better. If I was say Columbus or Nashville and had to choose between the three, Id probably take Stutzle. I take all three over most other considering contracts though. Even over MacKinnon.
I understand your position but I respectfully disagree. You wouldn't be taking a flier on a player, that term is usually used for an underachieving player that may thrive on a different environment like the Bruins took a flier on Zacha, it doesn't apply to youngish players reaching or exceeding their potential.
I'm sure you don't think that either player is underachieving so maybe this was just a phrase that you said and I understand it to mean something different than you do.

I could almost forgive saying no to Hughes as neutral fans tend to think he's not good defensively he's fine, just not to the level of Hintz or Stutzle but turning down Stutzle would be insane, you'd be getting a younger player that beasts both ends of the ice and outproduces the player you've got now

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I'm sure you don't think that either player is underachieving
More like I wouldnt want to take a chance on that player not working out equally well on my team. It`s not only about the players production. Robertson - Hintz - Pavs have extremely good stats both ways playing together. Some players work better with certain players and if the difference in production and contracts arent too big, I rather not take a chance making my team worse is what I meant. I didnt mean I think they fall of a cliff or anything. Just look at Huberdeau and Kadri this year compared to last year. Sometimes a new team isnt a fit for players.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
My boy isn’t sitting on a couch watching other teams in the playoffs. He’s scoring hat-tricks and leading in points. Keep up kid
Yeah because he doesn't have two players on his team that are better and worth more to the team. Take away Robertson and heiskanen and your guy would be on the love seat. I remember when Dallas said the same crap about Louie Eriksson.

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
More like I wouldnt want to take a chance on that player not working out equally well on my team. It`s not only about the players production. Robertson - Hintz - Pavs have extremely good stats both ways playing together. Some players work better with certain players and if the difference in production and contracts arent too big, I rather not take a chance making my team worse is what I meant. I didnt mean I think they fall of a cliff or anything. Just look at Huberdeau and Kadri this year compared to last year. Sometimes a new team isnt a fit for players.
These are bad examples as those 2 players were 31 and 29 and finished products attempting to adapt to a new system and team. Hughes and Stutzle are only 21 and 20, very far from being finished products.
Younger player tend to adapt to new systems a lot easier than guys that have been around for that long.
I think you're wrong but It's fine though, I've got plenty of players on the Devils I feel the exact same way about.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
He's so damned good, and when you factor contracts... it's really hard to find elite centers with that favorable a contract. MacKinnon had one, but it's over after this season and his extension kicks in. Draisaitl has one, but it's about to expire in two years.

McDavid is cost-controlled and he's incredible, but he's getting full freight for his heroics. Still, that guy? Sure. You'd trade Hintz for McDavid. Beyond CM, though, it's a real short list. I think that's all the OP was trying to say.

Stutzle and Hughes prompt a conversation. Both young, and both great, and both are cost controlled for a while. It's close and probably comes down to your preference. If the Stars passed in both cases, I wouldn't blame them, though.

Reactions: Zapp

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
These are bad examples as those 2 players were 31 and 29 and finished products attempting to adapt to a new system and team. Hughes and Stutzle are only 21 and 20, very far from being finished products.
Younger player tend to adapt to new systems a lot easier than guys that have been around for that long.
I think you're wrong but It's fine though, I've got plenty of players on the Devils I feel the exact same way about.
Hintz was 15th in PPG of all C:s with 1.03

73gp 37g 38a 75p +31 FO%52 avg 17.33min CF% 60.7 OiGF/OiGA 5.8/2.5

Hughes was 6th with 1.27

78gp 43g 56a 99p +10 FO%35 avg 19.58min CF% 62.6 OiGF/OiGA 4.8/2.9

Hintz play 2min 25s less/game and also PK. Hughes doesnt touch the ice shorthanded. At even strenght they actually have the same numbers offensively. Hughes FO% is really bad. When you look at advanced stats and goals&assists/min they are the same. This is one of the reasons I rather keep Hintz on Dallas. His numbers are really good for the minutes he plays. The difference between him and Robertson are a product of this. Robertson doesnt either PK and play more minutes because of that. Dallas actually uses their lines more evenly than most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad