Value of: Would Stars trade Roope Hintz for anyone, except for that one Oiler?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
6 foot 3 / 220 lbs elite/franchise center at his prime

2 almost 40 goal seasons in a row, i think we will see a 100 point season
from him next season.

Big, strong, great skater, great shot, good playmaking/hockey IQ
Plays both PP and PK. - the 1st line center of the Dallas Stars

Signed through 2030-31, with a discount cap hit 8 000 000 (starting 23-24)

What do you see his value? and would Stars be trading him for anyone atm?

He won’t be traded

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Nah not at all. He's a Selke level 1C with elite speed, hands, shot, and IQ. Stutzle and Hughes don't come close to Roope defensively.

"Better defensively" is the new "intangibles". Basically just an excuse as to why a player is worse, but for people that can't admit it.

See Matthews, Austin vs McDavid, Connor in 2022 from Leafs fans for example. Lol

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Lol @ using that without understanding it, there is a -77 goal differential, between teams.

If using team relative, which is fair, Hintz is -9 to the team best and Stützle is -8 to his teams best.

Impressive mental gymnastics, but the truth of that matter is good teams are comprised of good players. Roope Hintz is a main contributor to the team's success. It's funny when fans try to make team and players stats mutually exclusive as if the team is a self-aware entity that has it's own stats separate from the players they're actually derived from.

• Haha
Reactions: Synesthesia

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Impressive mental gymnastics, but the truth of that matter is good teams are comprised of good players. Roope Hintz is a main contributor to the team's success. It's funny when fans try to make team and players stats mutually exclusive as if the team is a self-aware entity that has it's own stats separate from the players they're actually derived from.
What team success? Lol. First round of the playoffs and one good regular season?

Flames fan here, I love Hintz and completely agree he is a long-term 1C and is a beast. But the overrating in this thread is hilarious lol, he's not even the best player on the Stars imo.

Is he a borderline top-10C? probably. Does he even come close to the level of Jack Hughes? No.

Obviously it won't happen, but Makar Pasta or Hughes or Mackinnon Barkov or Fox or Point or Matthews definitely have more value than Hintz. He's closer to a Kempe/ Lindholm than a Hughes/Mackinnon. And that's not at all a knock on any of those mid-tier 1C's.

Great player though, just a weird thread

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
What team success? Lol. First round of the playoffs and one good regular season?

Flames fan here, I love Hintz and completely agree he is a long-term 1C and is a beast. But the overrating in this thread is hilarious lol, he's not even the best player on the Stars imo.

Is he a borderline top-10C? probably. Does he even come close to the level of Jack Hughes? No.

Obviously it won't happen, but Makar Pasta or Hughes or Mackinnon Barkov or Fox or Point or Matthews definitely have more value than Hintz. He's closer to a Kempe/ Lindholm than a Hughes/Mackinnon. And that's not at all a knock on any of those mid-tier 1C's.

Great player though, just a weird thread

What does it matter if he's not the best player on the Stars? That shouldn't change how good of a player he is... is Draisaitl not that good since he's not the best on his team

You also missed the point of this the OP. You listed Pasta, Makar and Fox. Sure those guys hold more value then Hintz, but why would Dallas trade there #1 C for a winger or Dman. They'd then have no center to replace him

Same with Matthews, he's a UFA next season while Hintz is signed for 8 years

MacKinnon would be awesome, but also makes over 4 million a season then Hintz

Things you need to think about

• Haha
Reactions: RasmusAndersson

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
What does it matter if he's not the best player on the Stars? That shouldn't change how good of a player he is... is Draisaitl not that good since he's not the best on his team

You also missed the point of this the OP. You listed Pasta, Makar and Fox. Sure those guys hold more value then Hintz, but why would Dallas trade there #1 C for a winger or Dman. They'd then have no center to replace him

Same with Matthews, he's a UFA next season while Hintz is signed for 8 years

MacKinnon would be awesome, but also makes over 4 million a season then Hintz

Things you need to think about
I’m responding to the guy that implied Hintz is head and shoulders above Stutzle and wouldn’t swap him for Matthews.

And the fact that he isn’t even the best player on the Stars (not an elite team) is relevant cause it shows he’s not even in the same world as Jack Hughes or the MacKinnon’s/Makar’s if he isn’t clearly better than Jason Robertson or Heiskanen lol. It’s completely different than Leon cause everyone knows McD is the best in the world so being the second best on that team is much different than being the 2nd/3rd best on a decent team with no other top-5 players either.

And I included Fox and Makar because if you got offered either guy for Hintz you take that 100/100 times, (especially Makar because Makar>>>>>Hintz and it’s not even close). Same with Jack Hughes or Fox lol. My point in including those guys is that those are franchise players that u build around, which Hintz is not. It doesn’t even matter if u have 0 other C’s in your entire system, if you get offered Makar it’s a no brainer.

I get the point of the thread is to show that Hintz fits Dallas perfectly and I agree they would never trade him cause he’s an elite 1C lol, it’s just shocking to see how biased some fans are comparing this guy to Matthews or Mackinnon

Oh no, MacKinnon makes 4m more than Hintz, complete dealbreaker! Bad trade from Dallas. Said no one ever lol.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Lol thinking +/- is what you think it is, enjoy that thought though. Maybe next year 26 year old Hintz can out produce 21 year old Stutzle.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Pointless thread about a player the Stars wouldn't consider trading, of course there are numerous players they should trade him for but none of those players would be available for trade.

This thread will continue to be people crying about how great their guy is and how they wouldn't trade him for Hintz anyway.

For the record if NJ offered Jack Hughes or Ottawa offered Tim Stutzle for Hintz, Dallas absolutely would say yes, but their fans aren't going to admit that because they're completely satisfied with the player they have.

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
Does this thread get made if Hintz doesn't get a hat trick on the 1000 year old Fleury?

As good as he's been Minnesota minus EK, Hartman and inexplicably starting Fleury is the biggest clown show in the playoffs. If we're going by small sample sizes Drasaitl, Montour, Kopitar and Fox have been more impressive given the teams they're facing

Last edited:
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Does this thread get made if Hintz doesn't get a hat trick on the 1000 year old Fleury?

As good as he's been Minnesota minus EK, Hartman and inexplicably starting Fleury is the biggest clown show in the playoffs. If we're going by small sample sizes Drasaitl, Montour, Kopitar and Fox have been more impressive given the teams they're facing
Possibly, but Hintz has deserved his flowers/recognition for his game for a couple seasons now. He’s legitimately great.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Yeah, playoffs bring eyes. Dallas isn’t watched very often outside of Texas so that’s why people are like “oh man this Roope/Miro/Jake/Robo/etc guy is pretty good, where’d he come from” whenever they’re playing past mid April. There’ll be a thread on Wyatt Johnston in like two weeks

Reactions: chirrrs

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
For the record if NJ offered Jack Hughes or Ottawa offered Tim Stutzle for Hintz, Dallas absolutely would say yes, but their fans aren't going to admit that because they're completely satisfied with the player they have
They could but I`m not sure they would. It`s not about the players, but more about the fit for the team and chemistry. You know what you have, but not how the new guy pans out. As of now, the Stars 1-line is one of the best in the league and thats cause of the chemistry. If it was an outside team searching for a C, most would take Hughes and Stutzle over Hintz. He is however a fit with Robertson and Pavs, so Dallas probably wouldnt.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
He's taken the mantle from Barkov as "most underrated Finnish center in the NHL". Guy's a stud, love watching him on Dallas.

Reactions: Coffees

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
These are the types of threads that get really good players considered overrated and fan bases disliked
More like " We have our 1C locked up for 8yrs on a good contract and thats why there arent many C:s we would trade him for". There are a few players I would take before Hintz, contracts considered, if I was a random teams GM.

Stutzle 8.35M UFA 2031
Hughes 8M UFA 2030
Barkov 10M UFA 2030
McDavid - and only for merchandise and PR-reasons because his cntract is short. I`d then offer him >16M/yr and make out like a bandit on merchandise and tickets etc. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad