Value of: Would Stars trade Roope Hintz for anyone, except for that one Oiler?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Hintz was 15th in PPG of all C:s with 1.03

73gp 37g 38a 75p +31 FO%52 avg 17.33min CF% 60.7 OiGF/OiGA 5.8/2.5

Hughes was 6th with 1.27

78gp 43g 56a 99p +10 FO%35 avg 19.58min CF% 62.6 OiGF/OiGA 4.8/2.9

Hintz play 2min 25s less/game and also PK. Hughes doesnt touch the ice shorthanded. At even strenght they actually have the same numbers offensively. Hughes FO% is really bad. When you look at advanced stats and goals&assists/min they are the same. This is one of the reasons I rather keep Hintz on Dallas. His numbers are really good for the minutes he plays. The difference between him and Robertson are a product of this. Robertson doesnt either PK and play more minutes because of that. Dallas actually uses their lines more evenly than most.
You realize I'm not attempting to talk you in to trading Hintz for Hughes right?

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Mackinnon, Drais, Makar, Rantanen, Dahlin, Fox, Kucherov, Hughes, Bedard off the top of my head are players I’d easily take over Hintz

• Haha
Reactions: Zapp

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Mackinnon, Drais, Makar, Rantanen, Dahlin, Fox, Kucherov, Hughes, Bedard off the top of my head are players I’d easily take over Hintz
We live in a world with contracts. I take Hintz over MacKinnon, Rantanen, Kucherov contracts considered. I take Hintz over Makar, Fox and Dahlin considering need. Dallas has Heiskanen, but only 1 good C. Hughes and Bedard are debatable. So is Stutzle. I`d probably take Bedard first of them all.

• Haha
Reactions: Phrasing

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
If we are not taking contracts into consideration. Teams Dallas would trade Hintz for:

McDrai
1st oa (Bedard)
MacKinnon
Matthews
Hughes
Kaprizov
Barkov
Kucherov
Pettersson

Probably a few more too
As a panthers fan, and speaking just for myself, I’d trade Barkov for him. One of the few centers that I would swap him for

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Impressive mental gymnastics, but the truth of that matter is good teams are comprised of good players. Roope Hintz is a main contributor to the team's success. It's funny when fans try to make team and players stats mutually exclusive as if the team is a self-aware entity that has it's own stats separate from the players they're actually derived from.
Yah I think you are being disingenuous here. Stutzle plays on a much poorer defensive team so comparing plus minus is silly. Stutzle is also much younger. You may not trade Hintz for him but I think its likely Stars management would

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Naw, chemisty has to come into play here. While these 3 may be better players the way Hintz plays with Pavs and Robertson is far too valuable.
Vancouver doesn't need to deal Petey for Hintz either, Petey's already broken 100 points and plays a Selke-caliber game. If there's any interest at all in moving Hakanpaa or C. Miller to make room for Lundkvist, that's something we might be interested in, but otherwise no likely moves between us IMO.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
What do you see his value? and would Stars be trading him for anyone atm?

Not sure how many Stars fans agree with me, but I'd gamble and trade Hintz for his equivalent in an RD, because I think we have the forwards in the system to replace him in a few years, but not the potential elite young RD. I also worry about Hintz's injury problems as he's going on three straight years of being unable to play when the Stars need him most ( :crossfing crossing every digit I have for this season's playoffs :crossfing ). And I wonder about how his game will age, with speed being so important to him.

Do the Rangers still really want a center? How about Hintz for Fox - or better yet, Hintz and Lundkvist for Fox and our 1st back? ;)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
When he is signed through 2031 for 8.4M, there isnt very many.
Right now, 8.4 isn’t a steal for Hintz. That looks like market value for his production and play. May be a good contract if the cap increases. but right now, it is right at where he shcould be.

He‘s underrated by a lot of the nhl but you, right here are severely overrating him if you think that there isn’t 10-20 guys that fallas wouldn’t trade him for

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Right now, 8.4 isn’t a steal for Hintz. That looks like market value for his production and play. May be a good contract if the cap increases. but right now, it is right at where he shcould be.

He‘s underrated by a lot of the nhl but you, right here are severely overrating him if you think that there isn’t 10-20 guys that fallas wouldn’t trade him for
He is actually getting paid 3.15M atm. His extension is 8.45M and kicks in this summer. And no - there is not 10-20 guys he would be traded for.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Doubt it. Hintz has been PPG for 3yrs now and gets better every year. He is big, fast, good at the dot and play every situation.Signed for max yrs too at 8.45M until 2031
Wierd argument. Offensively he actually stagnated. 2 years ago he produced as much as today on worse team in worse scoring environment(league wise). Stutzle and Hughes already produce more and are actually ones improving rapidly. Also contract argument does not work since these two have similiar contracts and are few years younger on top of that.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Wierd argument. Offensively he actually stagnated. 2 years ago he produced as much as today on worse team in worse scoring environment(league wise). Stutzle and Hughes already produce more and are actually ones improving rapidly. Also contract argument does not work since these two have similiar contracts and are few years younger on top of that.
Hintz and Hughes actually have the same rate of production /60min. Hughes play almost 2min 30s more/game and no PK, when Hintz play all situations. Hintz has FO% 52 and Hughes 35. Care to go look at statistics?

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Hintz and Hughes actually have the same rate of production /60min. Hughes play almost 2min 30s more/game and no PK, when Hintz play all situations. Hintz has FO% 52 and Hughes 35. Care to go look at statistics?

Do you expect Hintz to be similiar offensive player to Hughes/Stutzle going forward?
Also actual points> /60 stats.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Do you expect Hintz to be similiar offensive player to Hughes/Stutzle going forward?
Also actual points> /60 stats.
Pretty much depending on how much minutes he gets offensively. If Dallas keep on playing their lines pretty evenly, as they have then no. Dallas playstyle is more defensively orientated than Ottawa or NJD. I`d think a lot is depending on who they eventually replace Pavs with? I think Hintz&Robertson should play 20min+/game, but Pavelski is getting to the age he cant log theese kinda minutes. If I had to guess, then I see Hughes and Stutzle outscoring Hintz, but Hintz having the better 2-way statistics beeing a 85-100p player. His been PPG+ for 3yrs now already and steadily improving on all facets.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Doubt it. Hintz has been PPG for 3yrs now and gets better every year. He is big, fast, good at the dot and play every situation.Signed for max yrs too at 8.45M until 2031

What GM doesnt take contracts and salarycap into consideration?
Hintz is undoubtedly a really good player, but saying he’s been PPG for 3 years is just false. Last seasons 72 in 80 doesn’t count as PPG.

8yrs of Hintz or 2yrs of Draisaitl? Who do you take? Are people dumb here when not taking into considering contracts? Dallas has Benn and Seguin for almost 20M - they cant afford Draisaitl at 14-15M... And I rather have Hintz at 8.4M than Drai at almost double.

Ooh, and Hintz is 26
Maybe he’s rounding up to make him 27 like you rounded up to say Hintz was PPG last season when he had 72 points in 80 games.

• Haha
Reactions: Coffees

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
I can understand why Dallas wouldn't trade Hintz away for pretty much anything if they don't have to, because they're pretty set with 1D and 1G and swapping him for another 1C would just be a lateral move.

But also the premise of this thread is pretty pointless and it's just George needlessly pumping the tires of another Finnish player.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Hintz is undoubtedly a really good player, but saying he’s been PPG for 3 years is just false. Last seasons 72 in 80 doesn’t count as PPG.
My memory failed me. Youre right. Last 3yrs:

193gp 89g 101a 190p +59

Pretty close though

Reactions: Crazy8oooo

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
My memory failed me. Youre right. Last 3yrs:

193gp 89g 101a 190p +59

Pretty close though
That’s not usually how people measure it when saying a player’s been PPG for x seasons, but that definitely puts him right there by adding them together. Really good player. Although, I feel he’s being a bit over rated in this thread. Still would love to have him on my team.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
That’s not usually how people measure it when saying a player’s been PPG for x seasons, but that definitely puts him right there by adding them together. Really good player. Although, I feel he’s being a bit over rated in this thread. Still would love to have him on my team.
He seems to be the rare bread that blooms late. He came into the league as a 22yr old and didnt have high expectations. Was more likely he would be a bottom6 player than a 1C. Progressed steadily each year. Had some problems with injuries at first, but last 2yrs been relatively healthy missing only 11 games. I expect him to actually get 100p+ at some point if the top-line actually get to play top-line minutes and not like 17min/game.
He is still payed 3.15M/yr. His extension at 8.45M until 2031 kicks in this summer. It`s the long contract and his 2-way play that makes him valuable. It`s like talking about oranges vs bananas - many ppl here think we value him as better than MacKinnon, Drai, Matthews etc. but its his production vs. contract we value. Two different things. Lenght of contract + salary + production.

I can name 20 players that are better/more valuable than him in a vacuum, but taking in consider value/lenght of contract, the list isnt long.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I don't see any realistic scenario where Dallas trades Roope. Aside from "that guy on the Oilers", the only players better than him also aren't on the market, or are free agents in a relatively short time.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

What GM doesnt take contracts and salarycap into consideration?
Tage Thompson would be an interesting conversation.

He's signed for only 7.1 million a year until 2029-2030, and almost hit 50 goals this year while playing the last month (ish) injured to the point he couldn't play center on the top line anymore. He probably breaks 50 goals/100 points if he wasn't crippled to end the year.

Of course, he's not great defensively yet, but the difference in production likely offsets the gap in defensive play.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Tage Thompson would be an interesting conversation.

He's signed for only 7.1 million a year until 2029-2030, and almost hit 50 goals this year while playing the last month (ish) injured to the point he couldn't play center on the top line anymore. He probably breaks 50 goals/100 points if he wasn't crippled to end the year.

Of course, he's not great defensively yet, but the difference in production likely offsets the gap in defensive play.
Tage indeed is something of the same breed. Big dude and late-bloomer. Tage is a steal of a contract. In the same league with Hughes, Stutzle, Hintz. Doubt any of the teams would trade theese guys.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Doubt they would pull the thrigger on Draisaitl? Hintz for 8yrs or Drai for 2yrs. Theres no contest there. Sure - if both had the same contract...

Draisaitl UFA 2025 - 2 yrs under contract. Will get 12-13M minimum on his next one and will probably get a bidding war starting

Hintz UFA 2031 @ 8.45M/yr

Except they’re not even close to similar players. Draisaitl gives you a 70% bump in scoring. Any GM in the league would do that in a heartbeat. Even if you have to pay him 13, that’s still better value. Not to mention, Draisaitl is 2nd all time in playoff point per game behind only Gretzky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad