Value of: Would Stars trade Roope Hintz for anyone, except for that one Oiler?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Except they’re not even close to similar players. Draisaitl gives you a 70% bump in scoring. Any GM in the league would do that in a heartbeat. Even if you have to pay him 13, that’s still better value
Not when you pay Benn + Seguin 19M/yr. On Stars Draisaitl doesnt have McDavid playing with him 50% of the time. There is no reason to trade a cost-controlled 1C, signed for 8yrs for another signed for 2. If both had the same contract sure...

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Not when you pay Benn + Seguin 19M/yr. On Stars Draisaitl doesnt have McDavid playing with him 50% of the time. There is no reason to trade a cost-controlled 1C, signed for 8yrs for another signed for 2. If both had the same contract sure...

So you dump Faksa or Marchment in a couple years. Leon literally had more points than all 3 combined. Not trading Hintz for Draisaitl is probably a bad enough move to get a GM fired on the spot

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
So you dump Faksa or Marchment in a couple years. Leon literally had more points than all 3 combined. Not trading Hintz for Draisaitl is probably a bad enough move to get a GM fired on the spot
It's the contract length that is the killer. Drai could walk in 2 years, where Roope is signed for 8. That's a big difference.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
It's the contract length that is the killer. Drai could walk in 2 years, where Roope is signed for 8. That's a big difference.

It is, but as I said in my first post, there’s a 70% increase in production. They aren’t even remotely comparable. Connor only has 3 more years left, so OP’s logic would dictate you don’t make that trade either

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
He is actually getting paid 3.15M atm. His extension is 8.45M and kicks in this summer. And no - there is not 10-20 guys he would be traded for.
Hintz hasn’t even cracked 100 points or 50 goals yet settle down here.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
It is, but as I said in my first post, there’s a 70% increase in production. They aren’t even remotely comparable. Connor only has 3 more years left, so OP’s logic would dictate you don’t make that trade either

Let me know how spending that much money on 2 players works out for you guys. You guys doubling down on us not wanting to trade Hintz for your suggested players is pathetic. Let it go

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
The real question isn’t “Would they trade him?”, but “Who would they trade him for, where both Dallas & the other team would actually make the trade?”

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Logic only dictates that if you see Draisaitl and Connor as being on the same level. Nobody is on Connor's level.

Let me know how spending that much money on 2 players works out for you guys. You guys doubling down on us not wanting to trade Hintz for your suggested players is pathetic. Let it go
Conference finals last year and finished a point ahead of you guys. It seems to be doing okay so far. In two years, the cap will be going up again. We'll be fine signing Drai and McDavid to extensions when that time comes.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Did you miss that this is a discussion on the main boards? I’m giving my reason for why I think it’s insane to say Hintz wouldn’t be moved for Draisaitl. You’re welcome to give reasons to the contrary. This isn’t the Dallas board. No need to get so sensitive about it

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Logic only dictates that if you see Draisaitl and Connor as being on the same level. Nobody is on Connor's level.

Yes and no. Connor might be the best player in the world, but Leon is second and has a much better value contract. He’s also the higher scorer come playoffs. They’re not so far apart the Connor is a no brainer yes and Leon a no.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Hintz is 27 at the start of next season and has one 75 point season. There are multiple players that hold more value.

Reactions: Ciao

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Yes and no. Connor might be the best player in the world, but Leon is second and has a much better value contract. He’s also the higher scorer come playoffs. They’re not so far apart the Connor is a no brainer yes and Leon a no.
As an Oiler fan, I disagree completely. Leon is great, but not the clear #2 in the world. That's just your opinion, and while its a fair one to have, it doesn't mean what you think it does in terms of value. Nobody is close to Connor in value.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Pretty much depending on how much minutes he gets offensively. If Dallas keep on playing their lines pretty evenly, as they have then no. Dallas playstyle is more defensively orientated than Ottawa or NJD. I`d think a lot is depending on who they eventually replace Pavs with? I think Hintz&Robertson should play 20min+/game, but Pavelski is getting to the age he cant log theese kinda minutes. If I had to guess, then I see Hughes and Stutzle outscoring Hintz, but Hintz having the better 2-way statistics beeing a 85-100p player. His been PPG+ for 3yrs now already and steadily improving on all facets.
There is huge difference between 85 and 100 points, And he is not improving in terms of production, he was at this level 2 seasons ago. By end of next year i expect Hughes and Stutzle to be considered in different tier of players.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
There is huge difference between 85 and 100 points, And he is not improving in terms of production, he was at this level 2 seasons ago. By end of next year i expect Hughes and Stutzle to be considered in different tier of players.
That has to be seen. In no way am I downplaying Hughes and Stutzle. I just like what Dallas have and dont want to break it.

That’s pathetic people are using this scrubs name in the same sentence value wise as player like Drais, Mackinnon and Makar
"Unbiased fan!:D - Hopefully you know the difference in beeing locked down for 8yrs or 1-2yrs? Please, change username...

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
That’s pathetic people are using this scrubs name in the same sentence value wise as player like Drais, Mackinnon and Makar

You must be a Leaf's fan. You fit the mold perfectly lol. Then maybe we can compare Hintz to that shitty player Matthews who's never been out of the 1st round of the playoffs :laugh:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
These are the types of threads that get really good players considered overrated and fan bases disliked

Hey now....we're not really sure which team GeorgeLeafer12 supports, or if he's a Stars fan at all.

I feel like it's come up before but I don't know if it was ever confirmed. :dunno:

Maybe he's just got a preference for highly-skilled Finnish-born forwards.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
If we are not taking contracts into consideration. Teams Dallas would trade Hintz for:

McDrai
1st oa (Bedard)
MacKinnon
Matthews
Hughes
Kaprizov
Barkov
Kucherov
Pettersson

Probably a few more too
Stützle has better career year...in his ELC and is 5 years younger on a very good contract (8 years). He has WAY more value.

Heiskanen
Makar
Q Hughes
Fox
Dahlin

Also more value.

Not sure he is top 20 asset in the league.

Last edited:

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Doubt it. Hintz has been PPG for 3yrs now and gets better every year. He is big, fast, good at the dot and play every situation.Signed for max yrs too at 8.45M until 2031

Any GM that didn't trade Hintz for Stützle or Hughes if possible would/should be immediately fired.

Stützle is in his 20 year old season. Scored 90 and pace for 95 with over 40 goals. He kills penalties and is getting MUCH better defensively and has good size.

Hughes is a little ahead of Stützle offensive but a year older and alot smaller. He had a similarly awesome 20 YO season and followed it up with a better one.

Hintz in his 20 YO season was...not in the NHL.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
You’d have more luck getting the responses you want if you titled the thread “tell me how good Roope Hintz is”

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Hintz in his 20 YO season was...not in the NHL.
Martin St.Louis had his 1st PPG season as a 28yr old. He did pretty good after that. So Hintz should have scored in the NHL playing in Finland? Is that your point?

Hughes is a little ahead of Stützle offensive but a year older and alot smaller.
And a lot worse 200ft than Hintz. Also after 4yrs as a C, FO at 35% isnt exactly mindblowing...

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Martin St.Louis had his 1st PPG season as a 28yr old. He did pretty good after that. So Hintz should have scored in the NHL playing in Finland? Is that your point?

And a lot worse 200ft than Hintz. Also after 4yrs as a C, FO at 35% isnt exactly mindblowing...
Lol, it’s not close, Hintz is third behind those other 2.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Naw, chemisty has to come into play here. While these 3 may be better players the way Hintz plays with Pavs and Robertson is far too valuable.
Stars are my second team so I will not offend you but come on man, the hate matthews gets on this boards is unreal..best player in the league last season and probably best scorer if healthy, very good defensive player also, he was playing injured a lot this season and now i see some funny offers for Matthews or people telling Hintz is better? Come on this is pathetic..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad