World Championships

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I feel the same way as most of you. I don't think Jiricek has looked terrible but he also hasn't really elevated his placement at all, which is not necessarily a bad thing, just not really sure he'd be a good pick at #2 anymore. Could change though maybe...but Slaf is only making it more and more no brainer to go #2.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I agree with this. Whether it's injury related or not, I don't think that so far that Jiricek is doing enough to substantially move the needle and do what it takes to go second overall unless the devils are decided on taking a d-man.

I saw a flyers fan say that the team does not seem poised to take a defenseman, so I could see them take Kemell or Savoie and then Columbus jumps on Jiricek at 6 ,thus keeping their streak of like ten straight years of drafting only guys 6 feet or taller
Don't rule out Columbus taking Geekie at #6. They like big players and, as Yegor Chinahkov proved, they can give a f**k what the consensus thinks.

Reactions: Forge

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I feel the same way as most of you. I don't think Jiricek has looked terrible but he also hasn't really elevated his placement at all, which is not necessarily a bad thing, just not really sure he'd be a good pick at #2 anymore. Could change though maybe...but Slaf is only making it more and more no brainer to go #2.

I already had him at 2 and he's not done anything to make me drop him while Slaf hasn't been special enough for me to bump him up into the group of guys I'd be ok with.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I already had him at 2 and he's not done anything to make me drop him while Slaf hasn't been special enough for me to bump him up into the group of guys I'd be ok with.
As you know, I agree with you on Jiricek. Again, it's important for the people who are not as high on him as the two of us to realize that Jiricek merely "holding his own" in the WC is a huge bump for him in the rankings -- he's an 18 year old defenseman coming off knee surgery playing in a very competitive tournament filled with professional hockey playing adults.

The Slafkovsky thing I'm disagreeing with, however. I don't see how anyone would not be impressed with how he's started this tournament. If he keeps playing like this it's going to be a lot closer in the scouting community between Wright at #1 and Slafkovsky at #2 than it will be between Slafkovsky and whomever is #3 out of Nemec or Cooley.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
As you know, I agree with you on Jiricek. Again, it's important for the people who are not as high on him as the two of us to realize that Jiricek merely "holding his own" in the WC is a huge bump for him in the rankings -- he's an 18 year old defenseman coming off knee surgery playing in a very competitive tournament filled with professional hockey playing adults.

The Slafkovsky thing I'm disagreeing with, however. I don't see how anyone would not be impressed with how he's started this tournament. If he keeps playing like this it's going to be a lot closer in the scouting community between Wright at #1 and Slafkovsky at #2 than it will be between Slafkovsky and whomever is #3 out of Nemec or Cooley.

He’s been pretty good but it’s 2 games with nothing special enough for me to bump him into that top group. I said earlier that I could see him working him way in there. It’s not there yet.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Ya Slafkovsky has been very good. Slovakia’s most dangerous forward and could easily have had 4-5 points over the first two games. I want to see him bury a goal or two.

Big test against Canada tomorrow morning.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
He’s been pretty good but it’s 2 games with nothing special enough for me to bump him into that top group. I said earlier that I could see him working him way in there. It’s not there yet.
I think you just hate Slaf and nothing will change that. Idk how he hasn't been special enough. What? Like Steve said, it's one thing to be high on Jiricek but to think Slaf hasn't been impressive is a whole different thing that I'm not sure how anyone can say. He's been more than "pretty good".

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I sick at trying to explain what I’m trying to ask . Does Slafkovsky have the potential to be as good if a winger as Jiricek / Nemec a RHD ?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I think you just hate Slaf and nothing will change that. Idk how he hasn't been special enough. What? Like Steve said, it's one thing to be high on Jiricek but to think Slaf hasn't been impressive is a whole different thing that I'm not sure how anyone can say. He's been more than "pretty good".

lol

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Jiricek has been good on PP, but otherwise he has been just okay-ish. Some good and some mediocre moments. What I like least about him is his skating.
I want to see him crush someone , or at least try to . I know he’s probably trying to play a safe game and does not want to risk stepping up and take himself out of the play , but I want to see him play angry ( if he can )and toss some hits

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I want to see him crush someone , or at least try to . I know he’s probably trying to play a safe game and does not want to risk stepping up and take himself out of the play , but I want to see him play angry ( if he can )and toss some hits

I would not like that. One of the bigger issues with him is that he can be too aggressive and take himself out of plays

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I don't see big gap between Slaf and Jiricek. I think both play good enough against adult players.
I would be happy if Devils will pick one of them. I just hope that Fitz will decide to pick Slaf by second pick, and if they think they should pick Jiricek, I hope Fitz will trade the pick to Arizona, because I can't belive they will draft Jiricek over Wright/Cooley/Slaf. But I would prefer to not make a trade with Keakens, because Arizona could make a trade with Philly with some agreement - 1st Mtl taking Wright, we make a trade with Seattle, 2nd Seattle taking Slaf, Arizona understand that we make a trade for picking Nemec or Jiricek, and make a trade down with agreement that Phily taking Jiricek by 3rd. And Fitz will pick Nemec over Cooley. And Arizona picking Colley by their 5th pick.

I don't wanna picking Nemec or Cooley. Its a Jiriek or Slaf draft for me.

Reactions: nugg and My3Sons

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I don't see big gap between Slaf and Jiricek. I think both play good enough against adult players.
I would be happy if Devils will pick one of them. I just hope that Fitz will decide to pick Slaf by second pick, and if they think they should pick Jiricek, I hope Fitz will trade the pick to Arizona, because I can't belive they will draft Jiricek over Wright/Cooley/Slaf. But I would prefer to not make a trade with Keakens, because Arizona could make a trade with Philly with some agreement - 1st Mtl taking Wright, we make a trade with Seattle, 2nd Seattle taking Slaf, Arizona understand that we make a trade for picking Nemec or Jiricek, and make a trade down with agreement that Phily taking Jiricek by 3rd. And Fitz will pick Nemec over Cooley. And Arizona picking Colley by their 5th pick.

I don't wanna picking Nemec or Cooley. Its a Jiriek or Slaf draft for me.
i can't see arizona moving anything of worth, if cooley is their target. the odds the devils opt for cooley are probably small. the rumours around the devils interested in cooley are most likely just smoke screens to evaluate the trade back options.

Reactions: Guadana

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Slafkovsky carried the puck through the neutral zone cut through the and set his teammate up for a nice chance.
Then when the puck went the other he came back in the back check stole the puck came back again and created another really good chance for a teammate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad