World Championships

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
That’s not true at all. It depends what you mean by move away from it. I thought you were talking about moving off to the side which happen all of the time. It doesn’t sound like his teammate was in a shooting position from how you described it so there’s no need for him to be out front.

Nope, he went from like right in front of the blue paint to out front, literally bumper position. Was weird. I've never seen a netfront guy do that ever before.

The only times I see netfront guys move out is when possession is shaky so they go help out or moving out to the side (think what you're referring to) to setup a triangle to try to setup a play to bumper guy. Neither of these situations is what occurred. Could've just been a poorly executed pp and one of their guys just didn't do their job idk. We should know what that's like.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Nope, he went from like right in front of the blue paint to out front, literally bumper position. Was weird. I've never seen a netfront guy do that ever before.

The only times I see netfront guys move out is when possession is shaky so they go help out or moving out to the side (think what you're referring to) to setup a triangle to try to setup a play to bumper guy. Neither of these situations is what occurred. Could've just been a poorly executed pp and one of their guys just didn't do their job idk. We should know what that's like.
I don’t know the play you’re talking about so I don’t know.

But what I’m referring to isn’t just when the possession is shaky. They do it all the time to setup plays. And for the back door play they move to the opposite side on quick plays. We’ve actually scored quite a few goals doing that.

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California

The move to the sides was actually smart because the germans kept blocking all the shots at the front of the net rendering his presence there useless. That was actually impressive to watch because he gave himself space to go after a rebound or do a wraparound.

Slafkovsky has very impressive awareness of where to be and who to pass it to. Three of his passes in the second period left his teammate alone facing only the goalie. Slovakia doesn't have any finishers sadly.

He has a bit of a Jack Hughes type of game in him. The way he shifts his body, his elite hands and puck handling, knowing when to shoot. Everything he times right.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
To me it looked like Switzerland was basically pacing themselves to some extent. We’ve seen enough Hischier to know that when he exerts maximum effort he looks like he is in agony on the bench. I didn’t see any of that today. The game was effectively over early and Switzerland seemed content with just playing some structure and rising out the win. They were not really going for it to my eyes so the results weren’t surprising. I’ll guess that if Hischier and Meier are pushing it they look much better than they did in this game.
hischier several time looked for the tap-in assist instead of trying to score. meier on the other hand had tunnel vision the first two periods and was trying to score from every angle. it looked like both were trying to force that meier score set up by hischier.

once meier scores his first i hope they relax a little and play their game.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I hope Hughes doesn't get bounced from the lineup as a result of Merrill joining team USA.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Not that we didn't know it but Luke's skating is so effortless. His D-partner was losing his guy on a breakaway and he negated it with ease.

Also, if this is a sliver of what David Quinn's coaching is like...I hope we stay away.

Reactions: glenwo2

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Obviously down on the pecking order...

Did anyone see USA-Austria game?

Any thoughts on Baumgartner?

ChopRite

May 5, 2022
I liked Luke's defensive play. He does lack a bit of physicality but his positioning was sound throughout the game. For him to take his game to the next level he needs to muscle up and assert himself more agressively and be more physical. He has all the tools and intelligence to be an elite defenseman at the NHL level.
While I agree some aggressiveness and at least a willingness to go into the boards with a check is good, not all defenseman need to be physical.

Id prefer Luke focus more on his type of game then change up how he defends to be someone he isnt. In the same way I dont need Jack Hughes hitting people out there because he defends in his own way

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
While I agree some aggressiveness and at least a willingness to go into the boards with a check is good, not all defenseman need to be physical.

Id prefer Luke focus more on his type of game then change up how he defends to be someone he isnt. In the same way I dont need Jack Hughes hitting people out there because he defends in his own way
I agree that he doesn’t necessarily need to be more physical, I’d like to see him play tighter D and end plays more whether that be with a good stick or using his body and running the guy out of space.

Reactions: ChopRite
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad