World Championships

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
>me watching that Slaf sequence

3A33BB66-D042-4D4A-B9D9-FDD69678CFF7.gif

• Haha
Reactions: glenwo2 and Guadana

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Keep in mind, Slafkovsky is playing with 2 Slovak league players. One who was basically a 2/3 C in the Slovak league and was at like half a point per game. I said this in the Slovak vs Canada game thread but on the Pp they should just give the puck to Slafkovsky and Nemec, let the run it, give the best players the puck no matter the age

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Keep in mind, Slafkovsky is playing with 2 Slovak league players. One who was basically a 2/3 C in the Slovak league and was at like half a point per game. I said this in the Slovak vs Canada game thread but on the Pp they should just give the puck to Slafkovsky and Nemec, let the run it, give the best players the puck no matter the age
That’s what I’ve been thinking. Nemec is clearly a better pp QB than the guy they have running the first PP. And Slafkovsky is clearly their most skilled forward so while he’s probably a great net front option he’s pretty useless there when the guys passing it around the top aren’t skilled or good enough to actually create anything decent and get it to the net. So he’s been pretty useless out front.

They would be much better off running Slafkovsky, Tatar and Nemec at the top of the first powerplay.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Love Slaf's vision in this game today. Nice bank pass to a teammate for a chance and then quick little backhand in the NZ to try to set up another entry.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Love Slaf's vision in this game today. Nice bank pass to a teammate for a chance and then quick little backhand in the NZ to try to set up another entry.

Sounds like he's creating chances, but nobody is finishing them. Does he have any points yet today?

Reactions: mdj12784

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
This game has really increased my interest in Nemec vs Jiricek. This isn't some scrub team. Tons of nhl players in this game.
Nemec is much better than Jiricek IMO. Better skater, pukchandler, puck mover, more poised, gets more involved in the offense and pushes up ice and he’s a solid defender.

Jiricek is just bigger with a harder shot.

Speaking of Nemec. Carries the puck up well, makes a nice move and then was tripped or fell down once he got into the ozone.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Nice job by Slafkovsky on the forecheck and down low, gets the puck up to Nemec who gets a shot through. Nemec then does a good job defending Mercer off the rush.

Reactions: Guadana

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Nice job by Slafkovsky on the forecheck and down low, gets the puck up to Nemec who gets a shot through. Nemec then does a good job defending Mercer off the rush.
Nemec looks pretty good. Haven’t seen jiricek yet and only a little of slafkovsky but the clip you posted looks good. Only able to catch the third period

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Nemec looked good slafkovsky looked good. Don’t recall a single shift from jiricek I was hoping to see more of him. Only watched the third period

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’m a smidge worried that Habs might be at least thinking about not taking Wright.
Still doubt it but stranger things have happened.
But if it does happen that they pass on him, I think we have a massive opportunity to leverage our pick to get some pretty damn good assets.

Reactions: mdj12784

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I’m a smidge worried that Habs might be at least thinking about not taking Wright.
But if it does happen that they pass on him, I think we have a massive opportunity to leverage our pick to get some pretty damn good assets.
Even if they don’t, it’s a win-win situation for us!

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Love that Slaf didn't try to deke through all those guys there.
Yeah another Hughes comparison that is pretty loose is the learning curve that he will presumably go through.

Hughes didn't need to learn anything new really, if he wasn't struggling because of inferior line mates, he was struggling by trying to force all the things that worked at the college level.

Coming into a situation or play he could go to his bag of tricks and pick out any of 10 solutions to get by, well it took him a while to realize about 6-8 of those ten things won't work anymore at the NHL level. Once he figured those out over time, his success rate in most situations went up drastically.

I can see Slaf probably going through the same learning curve. But doubly by getting by on size and skill. If starting right away, he'll need to figure out what is no longer an option.

So I think playing here against some actual skilled and mature talent is a huge learning experience. Also a great evaluation period.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
We were looking at sloppy sixths Monday, I’ll gladly take Montreal’s sloppy seconds

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Yeah another Hughes comparison that is pretty loose is the learning curve that he will presumably go through.

Hughes didn't need to learn anything new really, if he wasn't struggling because of inferior line mates, he was struggling by trying to force all the things that worked at the college level.

Coming into a situation or play he could go to his bag of tricks and pick out any of 10 solutions to get by, well it took him a while to realize about 6-8 of those ten things won't work anymore at the NHL level. Once he figured those out over time, his success rate in most situations went up drastically.

I can see Slaf probably going through the same learning curve. But doubly by getting by on size and skill. If starting right away, he'll need to figure out what is no longer an option.

So I think playing here against some actual skilled and mature talent is a huge learning experience. Also a great evaluation period.

Yup, it's something I really wanted to see because if he kept trying to do that I would be worried.

Say we draft Wright. What compensation do you really expect to get?
I doubt it would be anything that equals the value of a young stud RD like Nemec.

I personally don't think anyone is going to give anything significant. Most I'd move down is to #3 and Coyotes prob at most give up 1 extra 1st round pick. I mean, it's something I guess?

Reactions: TrufleShufle

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
Nemec is much better than Jiricek IMO. Better skater, pukchandler, puck mover, more poised, gets more involved in the offense and pushes up ice and he’s a solid defender.

Jiricek is just bigger with a harder shot.

Speaking of Nemec. Carries the puck up well, makes a nice move and then was tripped or fell down once he got into the ozone.

Exactly.
He is a tier above Jiricek. A potential all star calibre D1.

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
I wouldn’t go as far as to say a tier above. Yes he’s better right now but in 3-5 years ? Can’t say for certain in my opinion.

He has all the intangibles that Jiricek does not. Superior skating, poise, awareness, controlling the blueline, commanding the powerplay and he is much better defensively. Most of that you don't improve as you age. You either have it or you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad