Who Wins The Conn Smythe Trophy?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He baby that stayed in locker room
Sending your father out to receive your trophy is embarassing. What a true role model Connor is.
McDavid led the handshake line and went to the locker room with the rest of his team, as is the custom for the losing side. I'm sure the last thing on his mind was researching a 20+ year-old protocol for what to do when a player from the losing team wins the Conn Smythe. You guys are creating non-existent drama.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
People get all haughty about not touching conference championship trophies because ‘it’s not the one they want’ but McDavid supposed to feign that he had any interest in this.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
McDavid was the only candidate for the trophy. What makes me happy, is how many 3rd place votes Forsling got. He finally is getting his flowers, despite having tough games in SCF. Barkov was great defensively against McDavid, but was good not great offensively. Worthy 2nd place for sure.

Broberg is awesome, he or Lundell won the young player Conn Smythe for me. Lundell got the edge for me, but Broberg is just touching the surface of his potential.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Even though McDavid earned the CS, it was really poor sportsmanship not to come out to accept it. Akin to not shaking hands with the opponent.
No, it's not. The guy strapped this team on his back this entire playoffs, and had one dream. It wasn't to win the Conn Smythe. He didn't want this one, and was devastated. Cut the guy some slack.

He didn't want to go out and accept a trophy in an arena where the fans, and the team, were celebrating their first championship. If it was in Edmonton, he 100% comes out.

Way too much being made of this.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
The media still manages to give McDavid a consolation prize.

Should've gone to Barkov for shutting his ass down for almost half the Finals.

Except for the fact that Barkov and Co were only I think the 2nd team ever to blow a 3-0 series lead and go to a game 7.

Hardly the stuff of Selke legends.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
People get all haughty about not touching conference championship trophies because ‘it’s not the one they want’ but McDavid supposed to feign that he had any interest in this.
Winning the Conn Smythe while losing the Stanley Cup is likely just as memorable as a swift kick to the nether regions.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
McDavid supposed to make out with the Conn Smythe after losing in G7 :laugh: lol I swear these fans are something else

Reactions: PBandJ

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
the same people who say Lebron James are a fraud are the same who thinks Mcdavid choked , completely out of touch . oh wow he didnt get points in the last 2 games , someone call the police he did absolutely nothing. It's not like he was not the sole reason why Edmonton played a game 5 and 6.

By reading this Logic , Tkachuk , Verheagea (cant spell his freaking name) , Barkov all sucked the whole playoffs.

Dude had some chances last night but sometimes shit happens.

Bro plays 30min every games and has to carry the whole team and when the dude is off , nobody is there to support him.

HANK30

Tom Brady 4-3 in SBs without Patriot cheating
The man was in tears from losing. If he went out there all normal to get the Smythe it would have been weird.

JS Giguere, Ron Hextall, and Reggie Leach went out there to get Conn Smythe after losing the CUp and even smiled for a few photos. It's not easy, but that's what grown ups do. It's like Bill Belichick walking off the field after losing to the GIants in the Super Bowl or Brady refusing to shake hands after losing to a QB he thinks is inferior.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
I'm genuinely shocked by the roasting of McDavid after he just put up one of the most historical runs in NHL history , like what am I reading here? Are all of you guys just trolls and homer fans of only your team? Do you guys not enjoy the sport?

Its mostly just jealous coping from fan bases that don't have a McDavid.

The guy is hands down the best player in the NHL by a mile - no other team has anyone that comes close. Any fan of the sport of hockey should understand and support McDavid winning the Conn Smyth after that performance.

They shouldn't have booed either. Its trashy. You already won, show some sportsmanship.

Panthers fans also boo'd during the Canadian National Anthem - its south Florida...there is only so much you can expect out of them.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
Except for the fact that Barkov and Co were only I think the 2nd team ever to blow a 3-0 series lead and go to a game 7.

Hardly the stuff of Selke legends.
You're conflating a team record with individual play.

How many points did McDavid register in games six and seven?

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
Go figure, had no idea there was controversy over the CS winner but I log onto HFBoards and people are saying "McDavid didn't deserve it."

- Led in scoring by 10 points
- Led FL players in scoring by 20 points
- Led SCF with 11 points (next highest was 7)
- 2nd in +/-
- 4th most points all time in a postseason

Who else deserved it? I was all in on Bobrovsky but a .888 save % in the SCF is not going to get it done. Had he had 3 average games instead of those 3 atrocious ones, I would have given it to him. His playoff save % was .906, which is slightly above league average (.903)

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Do people really care that he didn't go out to get what probably felt like a meaningless trophy? I am really struggling to understand why anyone would give a crap about something so stupid.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
the same people who say Lebron James are a fraud are the same who thinks Mcdavid choked , completely out of touch . oh wow he didnt get points in the last 2 games , someone call the police he did absolutely nothing. It's not like he was not the sole reason why Edmonton played a game 5 and 6.
The game was already as good as over when he began to run up the score in game 4. You could say that making it 4:1 sealed it, but regardless Janmark and Skinner were far bigger individual reasons for getting to game 5.

In game 5 he was the MVP, but that's the only game where that applies in this series.

Reactions: heksagon

slapKing

Feb 12, 2020
Canada
God some people are just f***ing re****s. People shit on McDavid for only playing for individual awards and stats, and now people are shitting on him for not taking a picture for playoff mvp, when his team lost. He doesn't care for the smythe, he and his team only cared for one trophy, and they lost. I swear, if McDavid did came out to get the smythe, you same f**** would be shitting on him for thinking he cares about indiviudal glory. Guy did everything he could to win, that's what he wanted.

Reactions: Foghorn Leghorn

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
God some people are just f***ing re****s. People shit on McDavid for only playing for individual awards and stats, and now people are shitting on him for not taking a picture for playoff mvp, when his team lost. He doesn't care for the smythe, he and his team only cared for one trophy, and they lost. I swear, if McDavid did came out to get the smythe, you same f**** would be shitting on him for thinking he cares about indiviudal glory. Guy did everything he could to win, that's what he wanted.
It's a sports forum.
People love to antagonize.

Reactions: slapKing

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
And in one of those important games, Bobrovsky had an .842 SV%. In the final game Barkov had zero points.

Picking one or two games doesn't make any kind of case.
I thought we were discussing the Finals specifically. In that case shutting down a player completely in three out of seven is nearly half last time I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad