Who Wins The Conn Smythe Trophy?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
Reactions: Voight

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
I'm not sure I agree with your premise that those were the 2 most important.

When every game is an elimination game - games 4 and 5 were pretty important.
Game one: zero points
Game two: one point
Game three: two points
Game four: four points
Game five: four points
Game six: zero points
Game seven: zero points

Four out of the seven games in the Finals McDavid managed a single, measly point.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I thought we were discussing the Finals specifically. In that case shutting down a player completely in three out of seven is nearly half last time I checked.
If we're discussing the Finals specifically, how many points did McDavid get?

Seriously... 11 points in 7 games and you're trying to build a case based on 3 games?

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
If we're discussing the Finals specifically, how many points did McDavid get?
See my post above yours.

Four out of the seven games in the Finals McDavid managed a single, measly point.
Nine of the ten points he scored came in three games. The other four he registered one.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Good thing the Conn Smythe is for the playoffs as a whole and not a few games, eh.

I swear, HF knows as much about hockey as a dog does.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota

And Barkov had 5 total points in the finals - 7 games...5 points.

When the other team is so scared of your talent that they designed their entire defensive game plan around you - it can sometimes be tough to put up points...but to still manage well over a PPG even with that going on is pretty impressive.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
And Barkov and 5 total points in the finals - 7 games...5 points.

When the other team is so scared of your talent that they designed their entire defensive game plan around you - it can sometimes be tough to put up points...but to still manage well over a PPG even with that going on is pretty impressive.
And Barkov was playing mostly against McDavid.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Sorry, I really have no idea what point you think you're making. Are you actually saying McDavid doesn't deserve an award because he didn't get points in every single game?
Apparently the Panthers really aren't that good and McDavid just sorta decided not to score every game. Or something.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
Sorry, I really have no idea what point you think you're making. Are you actually saying McDavid doesn't deserve an award because he didn't get points in every single game?
Yes, I'm saying Barkov shut him down in the majority of the games head-to-head.

When you only put up any significant points in three games out of seven then it really wasn't as impressive a series people make it out to be.

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
How many points did he register in games 4 and 5?

Only in game 5 was that the difference maker though, game 4 a lot of his points came during the pile on... Oilers win 4-1 if you take his 4 points out.

He didn't spark the team in game 4, the secondary crew sparked him

Game 5 was all him though

But then secondary had to carry 6, and it was secondary support that got the 1 in 7 and kept the them in a position where literally anything from McDavid gets them to OT minimum, instead he racks up 2 shots and wiffed throughout the third period and look especially terrible in the last minute of game 7 down by 1

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Maybe he just felt he didn't deserve it and was visibly upset they lost.

• Haha
Reactions: HANK30

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The secondary won 2 out of their 3
You got that right. The fact McDavid dragged Skinner, Nurse and Ceci to a Finals is incredibly impressive.

Unfortunately the magic ran out against a Selke center that can play against anyone in the league.
Sorry, all I've garnered from these threads is that the Oilers are a crap team that got lucky and their stars are just overrated.

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
McDavid makes sense because of how unnatural that point total in the playoffs were

But personally I'm really someone who thinks only losing goaltenders should ever be considered for the CST.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
People trying to blame McDavid ought to instead direct some of that ire towards Draisaitl. Dude was invisible.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
Sorry, all I've garnered from these threads is that the Oilers are a crap team that got lucky and their stars are just overrated.
No, I said McDavid was shut down four out of seven games in the Finals. I posted nothing about him being overrated. In fact I praised him for getting to the Finals with such a pedestrian roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad