Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
For anyone who wants Patrick Roy as the next coach of the Rangers, he just won the QMJHL title in 6 games vs the Halifax Mooseheads (I'm not arguing for or against the hiring of Roy as the Rangers next head coach):

Reactions: egelband

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Roy’s team to the Memorial Cup. The guy can clearly coach and maybes he’s learned something over the years. Worth an interview at least

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
What about Dale Hunter. Can the Ranger pry him from the OHL? He would be a great choice. He deserves an NHL coaching gig.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Can Dolan keep his beak out of the Rangers business?

I know that no one really knows what is going on.

As one source put it, going with an unknown would be a hard sell with owner James Dolan, who expects the team to compete for a championship next season.

This is the same guy who pushed for the Kane. Just stop.

Vince had a list of five items the Rangers need in their next coach.

Develop the youth​

Improving the play of the highly paid veterans will be critical, but unleashing the potential of the young players who are either on the roster or arriving soon is also a key part of the job description.

There's a balance there that must be achieved.

A quintet of recent first-round picks who are 23 or younger − forwards Filip Chytil, Kaapo Kakko and Alexis Lafrenière, along with defensemen K'Andre Miller and Braden Schneider − remain vital parts of the present and future, with higher ceilings for all five to strive for. It will be incumbent on any new coach to aid their development, as well as the next wave of contributors, led by No. 1 prospect Brennan Othmann.

Part of that will come through teaching, while another component will be challenging them with increased responsibility. Kakko was vocal on breakup day about his desire to move up in the lineup and play a more prominent role. It's time for him and Lafrenière, in particular, to get that chance, which Gallant was reluctant to try for more than sporadic spurts.

Gallant said my job is to win and not to develop players but the Rangers need for this group of young players to develop in order to win.

Why can't the higher ups see that?

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I was feeling generous, but remember that by the end of the season the number will be over 75%, unless they win the Cup.

Personally, I'm hoping for Sutter because Machinehead is his biggest fan, and it will be fun to see how that plays out.
If it doesn't work with Sutter, I'll be happy to concede that coaching doesn't matter and the team just isn't any good.

I'll be happy to concede that with a lot of available coaches unless it's some extreme retread that's had some of the same problems like Keefe or Laviolette.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Watching the playoffs has made me realize how inactive our D are jumping into the play.

Yes, they put up points but a lot of that is from keep-ins and passing play. They don't jump in to join the cycle or get a ton of chances off the rush.

We have weapons there. Fox is one of the best all-around offensive players in the league and Miller is very mobile. Even Schneider has shown to be a good finisher on the few occasions he's in on the rush. The only one who did it (and he arguably shouldn't!) is Mikkola.

I hope that's something we can incorporate more.
The only times we developed sustained 5v5 pressure vs. the Devils was when our D activated down the boards.

Problem was they were so damn scared of the Devils speed the other way that they didn't do it too much, especially until we got down big in games.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Sounds like Q is the guy if Bettman allows it...

If they hire this f***ing rape apologist I don't know if I'll be able to continue as a fan.

Take a moment to read through some of the stuff in this document before you call me crazy, any person who allows a rapist to be around their victim for weeks after knowing about it does not deserve to represent this organization in any capacity. Especially after not saying anything when the rapist was hired elsewhere and did the same thing to a child.

Last edited:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
If they hire this f***ing rape apologist I don't know if I'll be able to continue as a fan.

Take a moment to read through some of the stuff in this document before you call me crazy, any person who allows a rapist to be around their victim for weeks after knowing about it does not deserve to represent this organization in any capacity. Especially after not saying anything when the rapist was hired elsewhere and did the same thing to a child.

I hope every rights group brings down a shit storm on the Rangers and the Garden.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

The worst part of the whole thing is Q recommending this guy to work with kids. The Rangers deserve every bad piece of press that comes if they hire him.

After the 2010 season, Aldrich left the Blackhawks to take a job coaching a high school team in Houghton, Mich. According to a lawsuit, he used the Blackhawks as a reference, with Quenneville writing him a positive evaluation.

Three years later, Aldrich pleaded guilty to charges of criminal sexual conduct with a teenager.

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
While I think hiring Coach Q would be reprehensible, I would be "okay" with it IFAND ONLY IF Kyle Beach publicly said he didn't have a problem with it. I'm a firm believer in the theory that you cannot be more offended than the actual victim.

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
The problem is that in the report the meeting between the upper management with Q makes it seem ambiguous as to whether it was a serious accusation of sexual assault or an inappropriate relationship. If you read all the different view points most of them indicate the accusation being not serious in nature compared to the absolutely horrible personal account from Beach. Q does deserve blame for not pushing harder for an investigation but really the main blame falls on Mcdonagh for taking charge and burying it until after the finals. It's not like Q had authority over him.

HANK30

Tom Brady 4-3 in SBs without Patriot cheating
He knew his assistant coach raped Kyle Beach and did all but shit. Never reported it, never fired anyone, never called the local authority. He turned a blind eye.

I skimmed the report, and it doesn't say that. It says that Quenneville knew there was some sort of attempt at inappropriate conduct. It doesn't say that he knew a crime had taken place. And it sounds as if McDonough was the driver of keeping the incident from going public and waiting until after the SCF. I'm not absolving Quenneville of any blame, but it's a far stretch to say that he knew there was a rape, at least according to the report. Of all the participants at that meeting, he's probably the least guilty since he had the least power. And we are talking about keeping the incident under wraps for 2 weeks until after the SCF. It's not as if they sat on the news for 6 months and did nothing.

All of the participants recalled being informed that there was an incident between Aldrich and John Doe involving an unwelcome sexual advance, but, for the most part, the participants reported that they only learned about the incident at a high level—that Aldrich, a coach, tried to “get under the sheets” with John Doe, a player. Gary recalled telling everyone in the meeting what he said John Doe told him—that Aldrich was pressuring John Doe to have sex with him and that Aldrich told John Doe that if John Doe did not submit to Aldrich’s advances, he could harm John Doe’s career. None of the participants recalled being told about the type of clearly non-consensual sexual conduct that is described by John Doe in his lawsuit or was described during John Doe’s interview with us.

Last edited:
Reactions: duhmetreE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad