Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Unless the Rangers magically pull cap space out of their rear ends, Laf and Kakko need to fill the holes in the top 6.

I pointed out that Laviolette got production out of Giroux (who to be fair was an elite young player), Simmonds, and Voracek, while leaning on Jagr, Briere, and Hartnell.

Laviolette can still lean on Zibanejad, Kreider, Panarin, and Trocheck all he wants, but the door is also open right now to incorporate Laf and Kakko into those top 6 spots and lean on them as well and make them part of that core.

He can also do for Othmann, what he did for Couturier, and that's get him on the 3rd line with Chytil. We can still mix the youth in and win games.

Maybe that's what Drury sees. A veteran coach who can get the ear of the vets and have them buy in, and build a system with structure around the team, while getting the kids incorporated as part of the core.

I'm trying to be positive with it. It's possible to do what everyone wants. Demand accountability, be structured, win, and also develop the kids.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Unless the Rangers magically pull cap space out of their rear ends, Laf and Kakko need to fill the holes in the top 6.

I pointed out that Laviolette got production out of Giroux (who to be fair was an elite young player), Simmonds, and Voracek, while leaning on Jagr, Briere, and Hartnell.

Laviolette can still lean on Zibanejad, Kreider, Panarin, and Trocheck all he wants, but the door is also open right now to incorporate Laf and Kakko into those top 6 spots and lean on them as well and make them part of that core.

He can also do for Othmann, what he did for Couturier, and that's get him on the 3rd line with Chytil. We can still mix the youth in and win games.

Maybe that's what Drury sees. A veteran coach who can get the ear of the vets and have them buy in, and build a system with structure around the team, while getting the kids incorporated as part of the core.

I'm trying to be positive with it. It's possible to do what everyone wants. Demand accountability, be structured, win, and also develop the kids.

I know you’re trying to look at the positives but lovy is not known for any of those things. Plus he was forced the hand he was dealt in Philly and they were and are still bad. Love hasn’t done anything right in the past 4 seasons. He’s just gonna magically find it again? He sucks and we’ll be stuck in no man’s land till we rebuild again.

trashy coach for a trashy organization

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
“Laviolette likes to incorporate themes each year, and sometimes they come with prizes. This season’s theme was inspired by the Netflix series “Cobra Kai,” which Laviolette said he watched after he was fired by Nashville and spent time away from coaching.”

What’s this year’s theme going to be?

Silo? Panarin all alone Up Top while Kakko continues to toil in the Down Deep?

My vote is for Beef. Who has the worst road rage on the team?

We’re f***ed homeys.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I know you’re trying to look at the positives but lovy is not known for any of those things. Plus he was forced the hand he was dealt in Philly and they were and are still bad. Love hasn’t done anything right in the past 4 seasons. He’s just gonna magically find it again? He sucks and we’ll be stuck in no man’s land till we rebuild again.

trashy coach for a trashy organization
Yeah I mean, I'm not in support of hiring him as the coach. I feel like it's the lazy hire. For all of Toronto's faults they went with a whatever you want to call it, new blood coach, young coach. They haven't had the kind of playoff success, but they still took a shot with that new coach while having the top guys they have.

Rangers could go with a Leach, or Brunnette, or Knoblauch, even with the top guys they have, it wouldn't signal anything bad. It's just saying "hey we are taking a shot with a fresh mind and voice".

Who knows.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
eww hasn’t done anything worth a damn in 4 years. He can’t develop young talent and more of the same crap. Can’t wait to watch his dumb gum chewing all game as we continue to f*** the team up.

rebuild 2 coming in 2 seasons.

The FO admitting how bad they f***ed up and thinking about rebuilding in 2 years is wildly optimistic. More likely is 2-3 years of mediocrity to be rehashed and repeated another 1-2 times in varying flavors until Fox retires.

Reactions: Kravtsov420

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Blazing hot take, but while I have my preferences, I'm not gonna feel overly excited or disappointed by any hire in the short term.

It's not quite a "normal" job, but it's a lot closer to one than a player. Yes, players interview, but you get the guy based on their play, which is public. I'd imagine (or hope) that while past performance matters, the interview process is far more of the equation. And while we can make some inferences, we just don't know what Drury wants to hear, and what the candidates are saying.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

Well f***.

I wanted Hartley tbh. Underrated coach.

7E8C9CC5-F09C-4796-BC40-8B374713CFBB.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad