Who are your Top 10 Forwards next season?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
How the f*** can you draw an equivalency between the fact that one team valued a junior aged player over another and a consensus of NHL players voting Crosby? Do you understand what a consensus means? If the draft order was different, the selections could have been different.

You are trying to bait me into saying Demidov, as if it will somehow prove that ridiculous point you are trying to make. If you wanted to use the draft as your point, the closest thing would have been to share Bob's pre-draft ranking, which is as close to a consensus as we can get. Ironically, Demidov was number #2 on his list which is a bigger evaluation group then just one team.

I will answer your question for fun, even though it proves jack shit.....

My pre-draft ranking was

1. Celebrini
2. Dickinson
3. Levshunov
4. Demidov
5. Lindstrom

But.....I know nothing and don't pretend to. Are you 12 years old?

If I bump into an NHL player at a local bar and ask him who the best forwards in the NHL are, and then decide to debate his opinion as if I have a smarter opinion, I would look like a big f***ing idiot.

If a consensus if NHL players are voting Crosby as a top 10 forward in the NHL, then it has some credibility. Is it gospel? no. But it certainly means a hell of a lot more than anyone of us.

Get off your high horse man. None of us in here (except for maybe a handful of us) are just fans. We have opinions, we share our opinions, we discuss our opinions, but ultimately, we have no knowledge compared to the players who play the game every single day.

If you want to believe otherwise, then that's your prerogative.
Again, if you aren't confident enough in your opinions to stand behind them, that's okay.

NHL players aren't all knowing genius talent evaluators.

If I disagreed with an NHL player about something, I would stand by that opinion. Now, if they provided logical and convincing reasoning to justify their point to me, it's a different story. Same with any person.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
In 2020 players voted Price the best goalie in the league because he was - which he proved in the 2021 playoffs.

A lot of these votes are reputation influenced for sure - but they are still based on a large degree of truth.
Cmon, you're a good enough poster here to understand that what happened in one playoff run a year LATER has nothing to do with whether or not the voting from the year before made sense.

In 2020 the following goalies were miles ahead of Price: Rask, Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Vasilevsky, Bishop, Lehner, Binnington.

In 2019 these same goalies were also better than Price: Bishop, Lehner, Binnington, Vasilevsky (that makes 2 straight years they were better than Price).

Price simply had no reason to be that #1 other than lazy voting by the players.

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
1. Connor McDavid, C, EDM
2. Nathan MacKinnon, C, COL
3. Nikita Kucherov, RW, TBL
4. Auston Matthews, C, TOR
5. David Pastrnak, RW, BOS
6. Leon Draisaitl, C/LW, EDM
7. Artemi Panarin, LW, NYR
8. Mikko Rantanen, RW, COL
9. Brady Tkachuk, C/LW, OTT
10. William Nylander, RW, TOR
Brady ahead of Matt?

And if this is for everall impact Barkov should be there right and crosby would be ahead of Nylander.....

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
My guess:

1​
McDavid
2​
Mackinnon
3​
Kucherov
4​
Matthews
5​
Draisaitl
6​
Hughes
7​
Pastrnak
8​
Panarin
9​
Kaprizov
10​
Barkov
11​
Rantanen
12​
Pettersson
13​
Nylander
14​
Marner
15​
Forsberg
16​
Point
17​
Guentzel
18​
Tkachuk
19​
Miller
20​
Crosby
21​
Bedard
22​
Aho
23​
Robertson
24​
Reinhart
25​
Thomas
I like this list because quite a few of the guy listed 11-25 could knock on the door or be in the top 10 this year if injuries happen or other circumstances.

I'm assuming that with Tkachuk that you mean Matt?

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
The definitive list, NUFD

McDavid
MacKinnon
Kucherov
Draisaitl
Matthews
Barkov
Pastrnak
Panarin
Crosby
Miller

HM: J Hughes and Rantanen

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
1. McDavid
2. MacKinnon
3. Kucherov
4. Draisatl
5. Matthews
6. Barkov
7. Pastrnak
8. Panarin
9. JT Miller
10. Kaprizov

11. M. Tkachuck
12. Crosby
13. Rantanen
14. Marchand
15. J Hughes
16. Bedard
17. Forsberg
18. Pettersson
19. Nylander
20. Boeser

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl Hungus

Maximus74

Mar 5, 2006
Ontario
Context? Top 10 overall best forwards? Top 10 points next year? Top 10 trade value?

Each of these are different lists. Points, Marner & Nylander likely make it. Overall, no chance. Tradewise, Bedard top 5.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Funny how many people have completely forgotten about Jack Hughes because he had an injury plagued season. Kid put up 99 pts at the age of 21. He's one of the best talents in the league. With a healthy season, I can see him in the top 5 easily.

Reactions: heksagon

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
I thought we could retire the very tired "Barkov is the most underrated player" nonsense with him not only winning his second Selke but also being the best player in a team that JUST won the Cup. But alas, apparently not if he can't make a list of top ten forwards in the league... Oh well.
I'm tired of it too, but it will probably forever be this way unless he starts scoring more.

Many of the players listed here fit a combination of the following:

-don't play much or any PK
-play almost the full 2 mins on PPs
-take more offensive zone starts instead of defensive zone starts
-focus more on offensive play and less on defense, taking more risks etc.

If Barkov was deployed the same way, he would very likely score 100+ points in a healthy season (I mean, he already scored 96 as is).

Would he become a better player? Not really. Would he be more useful to his team? No.
Would he make all the top 10 lists on HFBoards instead of just some? I bet.

And yeah, Jack Hughes is a fantastic shout. When talking about the following season, we can't sleep on him. Can easily see him potentially dominating.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
McDavid
Matthews
Kucherov
Drai
Mac
Pasta
Panarin
Kaprizov
Hughes
Bedard

not in order… assuming it’s top 10 in points

Reactions: wetcoast

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
1 - Pastrnak
2 to 10 -

ipm2esxb3lq21.jpg

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
1. McDavid
2. Bedard (yes, I said it)
3. MacKinnon
4. Draisaitl
5. Matthews
6. Celebrini
7. Kucherov
8. Hischier (breakout candidate)
9. Kaprizov
10. Crosby (he's still got it)

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Barkov #1 in a league of his own with no peers even close to his game (far more dimensions than pts), fresh off a Cup win in a game 7 final victory vs McDavid and Draibaby, forever in history living proof what wins championships and what doesn’t. No, points are not everything when judging Stanley Cup Selke Winning Champion forwards that turn off your favorite forwards to win series. Yes, he was absolutely the best player before being maliciously elbowed in head by an embarrassed “better player”.

MacKinnon Champion
Kucherov Champion

McDavid
Tkachuk Champion
Matthews
Crosby Champion

Drai crybaby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad