Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] D Kaiden Guhle signs extension with the Canadiens (6 years, $5.55M AAV; begins 2025-26)

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I swear dgibb, whiskey and xirik are in every habs thread

I could honestly care less about the devils
Why do they care about the habs so much?
who am I.jpg

You definitely have a weird interest in me, Second time you accuse me of something for something I did not participate in.

As you can clearly see I haven't posted in this thread until now.

If your going to attack my character at least be man enough to @ me.

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
View attachment 898563

You definitely have a weird interest in me, Second time you accuse me of something for something I did not participate in or do.

As you can clearly see I haven't posted in this thread until now.

If your going to attack my character at least be man enough to @ me.
Its not an attack on your character lmao

@Xirik

From the first page of your recent posts

IMG_0354.png
IMG_0355.png

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think that your memory is "fading" if you think that Guhle is better defensively than Markov was. I like Guhle's game, and think this is a fine contract. To compare him favorably to the d-men you did is absolutely ludicrous.
Only for people who don't actually watch. Only two players I listed could lockdown Mcdavid and Mackinnon like Guhle can, not Markov or Petry and I'm unsure Habs-era Weber could either.

Reactions: Xirik

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
@Xirik

Second page of your recent posts

Not an attack on your character
Just an observation

You guys are interested in the habs it’s fine
I thought your original post said "hate the Habs" but I looked back and apparently you didn't say that. (unless HFboards changed it to where you can't see if someone edited their post?)

Anyways, my apologies.

Yes I have interest in the Habs which I have stated why in the past. I still didn't appreciate not being @'ed and my name being brought up in a thread I didn't even post in.

:cheers:

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I don't even disagree, I actually think Hage may have the best potential to fill that role. Suzuki - Dach - Hage could be a top 10 1-2-3 center punch.

One of Hage or Dach will likely move to wing with Beck taking the 3C role. Face off monster, has some snarl, good decisively and just won the Memorial Cup as the MVP.

How many UFA years did they buy during this contract?

Reactions: HabsAddict

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
One of Hage or Dach will likely move to wing with Beck taking the 3C role. Face off monster, has some snarl, good decisively and just won the Memorial Cup as the MVP.
Yeah I could see Beck as a better 2/3 C option than Dach. I think Dach's game may ultimately be best on the wing.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Only for people who don't actually watch. Only two players I listed could lockdown Mcdavid and Mackinnon like Guhle can, not Markov or Petry and I'm unsure Habs-era Weber could either.
comparing two stars and bright spots for the team in the last fifteen years to a young defenseman playing on team that hasn't had a good couple of years is going to be a hard sell.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
comparing two stars and bright spots for the team in recent years to a young defenseman playing on team that hasn't had a good couple of years is going to be a hard sell.
Doesn't matter if it's a hard sell, I'm one of the biggest fan of Subban/Markov/Weber, Guhle is cut of the same cloth.

To say he "might" become a 2nd pair D is completely asinine when he is this on his very worse day. Compare him to actual second pair Ds like Lindell, Pesce, Moser and Roy and he compares very favorably. There seems to be either a very skewed perception of what a 2nd pair D is or a skewed perception of Guhles actual quality of play.

I don't have a problem with any of them but its just strange that Devils fans are interested in the Habs. Besides getting owned by them in the Brodeur days we really don't have a relationship with the team.
It started with Slaf.

Reactions: Canadienna

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I don't have a problem with any of them but its just strange that Devils fans are interested in the Habs. Besides getting owned by them in the Brodeur days we really don't have a relationship with the team.
My Dad is a long time Hab's fan for some reason even though he was born in California and live in Vancouver and all over Alberta. Think he said he just liked the cool sounding names on the team. ( Lemaire, Lafleur, Plante, Beliveau, etc) I keep up with the Habs because its fun to talk hockey with him.

Jamaican Patty

Jul 13, 2023
New Jersey fans have a weird obsession with the Habs. I guess it’s because someone offered Anderson for Nemec+ and they could not handle it.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Doesn't matter if it's a hard sell, I'm one of the biggest fan of Subban/Markov/Weber, Guhle is cut of the same cloth.

To say he "might" become a 2nd pair D is completely asinine when he is this on his very worse day. Compare him to actual second pair Ds like Lindell, Pesce, Moser and Roy and he compares very favorably. There seems to be either a very skewed perception of what a 2nd pair D is or a skewed perception of Guhles actual quality of play.

It started with Slaf.
Just curious by what metrics does Guhle compare favourably to Roy, Pesce, or Lindell?

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
holy thread derail Batman.

I look forward to seeing if some of the young defenseman who are joining the team next year can take some of the Heavy load that Guhle has had to carry. That could give him a chance to show more of his skills.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
holy thread derail Batman.

I look forward to seeing if some of the young defenseman who are joining the team next year can take some of the Heavy load that Guhle has had to carry. That could give him a chance to show more of his skills.
Always tough to evaluate young guys thrown into very tough situations.

Guhle has struggled fs, but who wouldn't in the role he plays. He's done better than most would imo.

Now the question is if looking not completely overmatched in a situation where most would be translates to looking great in an easier situation. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I'm confident in him.

With a guy like Matheson we already have seen him in that good situation, and it wasn't great.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Always tough to evaluate young guys thrown into very tough situations.

Guhle has struggled fs, but who wouldn't in the role he plays. He's done better than most would imo.

Now the question is if looking not completely overmatched in a situation where most would be translates to looking great in an easier situation. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I'm confident in him.

With a guy like Matheson we already have seen him in that good situation, and it wasn't great.
He's struggled? By what metrics? JFRESHES? LMAO.

Reactions: waitin425

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Ya I'm not a die-hard habs fan, due my heritage I was kind of forced to be one as a kid in the 80's but I've been a critic of Hughes and pretty much every move he's made and not passing on the obvious choice in Demidov doesn't change that.

But while not some watershed moment deal it's better than pretty much anything else he's done.

While thankfully the GM for the team I cheer for has shown he mostly does contracts based on current value, opposed to more futures based, at least this deal didn't go 8×8.

Everyone loves these 8×8++ deals right off an ELC but for me if right away the deal already needs to be defended with phrases like "if he breaks out this will be a steal in 3 years" then for me that's not good deal, especially with dmen because everyone just assumes these kids getting walked in year three will be savants by year five. At least with forwards who score right off the bat can still be stars if their defensive side doesn't pan out. Now giving a forward who's got a career high 30 points or scored 30 once a max deal for 7++ is just asking for buyers remorse.
Rotislav Olesz says take his name outta your mouth!

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I swear dgibb, whiskey and xirik are in every habs thread

I could honestly care less about the devils
Why do they care about the habs so much?
Xirik seems to just talk hockey and when I've seen that poster talk about the Habs it's usually neutral, or a fair point.

I think that poster just likes to talk hockey in general..

Reactions: MXD and Xirik

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1