Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
We’ll know right away if any of that is just fluff if he has to walk back comments like Keefe did because the core went crying to their mommies.
No worries, Chief will just lay another beating on Shanahan if he sticks his nose where it doesn’t belong……..

Prior to Philly, Lecavalier was a career .84 ppg. In Philly he went to .54 to .35 to .14.

Maybe Berube was right to sit him? If Tavares had been on a 28 point pace (and trending for a -10) midway through last season, would anyone blame Keefe for sitting him?

If he's calling out players for lack of effort, GOOD! I don't see JT having a problem with it (effort isn't his issue). The way Willy has been showing more effort, I don't think it will be much of an issue. Matty and especially Mitch may get their knickers in a knot, but I have no problem with that.
16 will be begging for a trade come US Thanksgiving……..

Reactions: LeafSteel

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
People act like Marner coming under heavy criticism coming off a poor playoff performance in 2023-24 was an anomaly.

Those same people must have short memories of Marner's playoff failure ... After signing his ridiculous overpaid 2nd contract he went on to go ** 18 playoff games ** :madfire: without scoring a goal spread across 4 playoff years, In comparison to the regular season 18 games without a goal is almost a 1/4 of an NHL regular season for a player with a TOP 7 overall highest salary,

Against Boston in 2018-19.. Marner scores 2 goals in game #1 and then held SCORELESS in games #2-7 as Leafs lose in 7 games in round #1.

View attachment 898534

Against Columbus in 2019-20 .. Leafs lose best of 5 series as Marner goes SCORELESS in series.

View attachment 898532

Against Montreal in 2020-21 in all CDN Div Marner goes SCORELESS in series and Leafs lose while up in series 3-1.

View attachment 898536

Not until game #1 of the 2021-22 series against TB did Marner record another goal in the playoffs.

All 3 of those series losses were in part to Marner complete ineffectiveness and lack of goal scoring recording a mere 4 points in 3 consecutive series ALL LOSSES for Toronto.

The organization understands this and that is why they would love to move on from him .... Marner has scored a mere 11 goals across 8 playoff years and 9 playoff series. This being one of the highest paid players in the game and expected to be a difference maker.. He is a difference maker alright for all the wrong reasons benefiting the opposition more than the Leafs.

Good breakdown - kinda sad when you realize that Marner, in the games listed above, scored 12 points in 19 playoff games. Even worse when you realize he put those 12 points up in 8 games, and was pointless for the other 11… less than 50% of the games he put up points.

Quite odd IMO that the dubas/Marner guys are the same group that shit on Tre for not bringing in more “offence” due to our inability to score in the post season.

Pretty sad that the 11mil guy can’t generate on his own in the post season, to the point we constantly need to focus on bringing more scoring in at the TDL.

Makes you wonder why we entertain the idea that Marner is a centrepiece on this squad and justifies a large percentage of our cap.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Marner, in the games listed above, scored 12 points in 19 playoff games. Even worse when you realize he put those 12 points up in 8 games, and was pointless for the other 11… less than 50% of the games he put up points.
Tkachuk, most recently, scored 13 points in his last 19 playoff games. Even worse when you realize he put those points up in 8 games, and was pointless for the other 11... less than 50% of the games he put up points. That guy will never win a cup!

Reactions: Craig Button

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Good breakdown - kinda sad when you realize that Marner, in the games listed above, scored 12 points in 19 playoff games. Even worse when you realize he put those 12 points up in 8 games, and was pointless for the other 11… less than 50% of the games he put up points.

Quite odd IMO that the dubas/Marner guys are the same group that shit on Tre for not bringing in more “offence” due to our inability to score in the post season.

Pretty sad that the 11mil guy can’t generate on his own in the post season, to the point we constantly need to focus on bringing more scoring in at the TDL.

Makes you wonder why we entertain the idea that Marner is a centrepiece on this squad and justifies a large percentage of our cap.

He has generated the most offense out of all players on our team.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Tkachuk, most recently, scored 13 points in his last 19 playoff games. Even worse when you realize he put those points up in 8 games, and was pointless for the other 11... less than 50% of the games he put up points. That guy will never win a cup!

Tkachuk does a lot more than just put up raw point totals, but you would know that it you watched him play.

He also put up more points in the playoffs this year than Marner has combined the last 3 years in the post season.

Silly comparison on your behalf.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
8 goals in his last 25 elimination games, the best player in hockey… lol

Marner has 6, the difference is huge and undeniable…
Firstly im kinda confused on what you are saying? His last 25 elimination games? He hasn’t played that many.

From 2021 onwards:

Game 5 Florida: 2G (Down 3-2)
Game 4 Florida: 1G (Down 3-1)
Game 6 Dallas: 1G (Up 3-2)
Game 6 Vegas (2023): 1G (Down 3-2)
Game 6 LA (2023): 1G (Up 3-2)
Game 4 Colorado (2022): 1G (Down 3-0)
Game 5 Calgary (2022): 1G (Up 3-1)
Game 7 LA (2022): 1G (3-3)
Game 4 winnipeg (2021): 1G (down 3-0)

So 10G in 9GP and many more points and a 6-2 record in those games

Or are you just calling every playoff game an “elimination” game, which is untrue.

Either way, this is such a bad look it turns people off from supporting marner when you try to draw these conclusions.

Mcdavid was the only reason they got to game 7 against florida, he had a b2b 4 point games to get his team back into the series. If Marner went off game 5 and 6 and we lost game 7 he’d get much less crap. More would’ve been placed at the feet of Tavares, Matthews, samsonov, nylander, Reilly and less on him. Marner was a big reason we lost game 7 and we were down in the series 3-1 (along with Matthews/Tavares, special teams, goaltending and coaching so don’t try to quote me saying I’m placing it all on Marner). And even in that series, Mcdavid still scored 3 goals, I did the same for mcdavid so I’ll do it for Marner too

Game 5-7 Boston (2024): 0G x3 (down 3-1->3)
Game 5 florida (2023): 0G (down 3-1)
Game 4 florida (2023): 1G (down 3-0)
Game 6 tampa (2023): 0G (up 3-2)
Game 5 tampa (2023): 0G (up 3-1)
Game 7 tampa (2022): 0G (3-3)
Game 6 tampa (2022): 0G (up 3-2)
Game 5-7 Montreal (2021): 0G (up 3-1 to g7)

So that’s 1G I’m 12GP..6P. Mcdavid has more goals and Marner has points in those games.

10G I’m 9GP vs 1G in 12GP..you can decide what’s better

Tkachuk does a lot more than just put up raw point totals, but you would know that it you watched him play.

He also put up more points in the playoffs this year than Marner has combined the last 3 years in the post season.

I don’t get this tkachuk argument

At its core, tkachuk outscores Marner in both regular season + playoffs. I don’t get how they are trying to spin anything out of Marner vs tkachuk when there isn’t a debate

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Tkachuk - 24GP 6G 16A 22P
Marner - 25GP 6G 19A 25P

This is a good post beside the fact that you didn't do the math and it is wrong.

"Silly comparison on your behalf."

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Firstly im kinda confused on what you are saying? His last 25 elimination games? He hasn’t played that many.

From 2021 onwards:

Or are you just calling every playoff game an “elimination” game, which is untrue.

Either way, this is such a bad look it turns people off from supporting marner when you try to draw these conclusions.

Mcdavid was the only reason they got to game 7 against florida, he had a b2b 4 point games to get his team back into the series. If Marner went off game 5 and 6 and we lost game 7 he’d get much less crap. More would’ve been placed at the feet of Tavares, Matthews, samsonov, nylander, Reilly and less on him. Marner was a big reason we lost game 7 and we were down in the series 3-1 (along with Matthews/Tavares, special teams, goaltending and coaching so don’t try to quote me saying I’m placing it all on Marner). And even in that series, Mcdavid still scored 3 goals, I did the same for mcdavid so I’ll do it for Marner too

So that’s 1G I’m 12GP..6P. Mcdavid has more goals and Marner has points in those games.

At its core, tkachuk outscores Marner in both regular season + playoffs. I don’t get how they are trying to spin anything out of Marner vs tkachuk when there isn’t a debate

Because they aren’t being rational and are extremely biased towards Marner for whatever reason.

“He puts up the most points” - dude, we suck in the post season. This is not the ace card you seem to think it is.

Marner is the least physically engaged, when we all know that physicality is paramount to success in the post season. We had Nylander throwing hits out there for Christ sakes.

For whatever reason Marner is void of criticism for some.

Tkachuk - 24GP 6G 16A 22P
Marner - 25GP 6G 19A 25P

This is a good post beside the fact that you didn't do the math and it is wrong.

"Silly comparison on your behalf."

Did you forget to log into your other account?

Ridiculous comparison. Tkachuk is a better overall player than Marner. I’m sorry this hurts your feelings.

6 goals in 3 years is nothing to brag on.

Last edited:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Interesting...

Did you forget to log into your other account?

Ridiculous comparison. Tkachuk is a better overall player than Marner. I’m sorry this hurts your feelings.

Because...

Did you forget you posted this 5 minutes before?

I was replying to your original post where you said Tkachuk has more points than Marner in the timespan you gave... which was wrong...

You argued on Marner's behalf in that post.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Interesting...

Because...

Did you forget you posted this 5 minutes before?

I was replying to your original post where you said Tkachuk has more points than Marner in the timespan you gave... which was wrong...

You argued on Marner's behalf in that post.

This isn’t the gotcha you think it is. I was wrong on the math, but the fact you’re clinging on to that is pretty telling of your stance on this.

You’re comparing a 3 year span of Marner where he was barley more productive than Tkachuk, in a season he won a cup and Marner was a non factor.

Glad you’re happy with Marner. You’re in the minority.

Reactions: LeafSteel

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Seems like that would be a bigger issue with Nylander and his tendency to show disinterest at times. Hopefully the quitting on plays won’t be acceptable to Berube as it was with Keefe.
Lazy and disinterest have never been Marners flaws.

Have to agree.

His problem is succumbing to pressure or Matthews succumbing to pressure with the downstream affect on marner's performance.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Have to agree.

His problem is succumbing to pressure or Matthews succumbing to pressure with the downstream affect on marner's performance.
For me, Marner owns that on his own. Although he was abandoned by the other two being injured this year while he played through it, he doesn't get a pass.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
This isn’t the gotcha you think it is. I was wrong on the math, but the fact you’re clinging on to that is pretty telling of your stance on this.

You’re comparing a 3 year span of Marner where he was barley more productive than Tkachuk, in a season he won a cup and Marner was a non factor.

Glad you’re happy with Marner. You’re in the minority.

I'm not comparing anything, you compared it as a negative of Marner, I corrected it to show that Marner was more productive in similar games.

Not a gotcha at all, just trying to help you out.

Not this year.

He was tied in points with Lubushkin with 3 points in 7 games. At 11mil that’s unacceptable.

Lub was great, good for him.

He was one point less than Bertuzzi or Domi, playoff warriors and players that people assured me were built for the playoffs.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
For sure Keefe was the problem, there is no other explanation why a team of 19 and 20 year olds got no better as 25 year olds
Or maybe he’s just disinterested in the playoffs. That’s been how he has trended over the past three years.

We’ll see.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I'm not comparing anything, you compared it as a negative of Marner, I corrected it to show that Marner was more productive in similar games.

Not a gotcha at all, just trying to help you out.

He was one point less than Bertuzzi or Domi, playoff warriors and players that people assured me were built for the playoffs.
I agree with this, Marner is not built for the playoffs. Now that you’ve admitted it publically, do you still he think he deserves a raise?

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
I'm not comparing anything, you compared it as a negative of Marner

You compared Marner to Tkachuk on page 22. You brought up the initial comparison.

Tkachuk is a better overall player than Marner.

Bertuzzi and domi aren’t demanding to be paid the highest salary for a winger in the game.

Again, this is not ok for Marner - you as a fan should probably have a higher expectation for a “star” player than 3 points in 7 games.

Marner at his salary cap is detrimental to the leafs success in the post season at his current output.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Or maybe he’s just disinterested in the playoffs. That’s been how he has trended over the past three years.

We’ll see.

No one on the leafs is disinterested. It’s not even an effort thing. Everything with the leafs losing is mental. It’s poor decision making at crucial times in deciding games that have cost them series wins. That isn’t a lack of effort, that comes down to a lack of awareness in the moment and quite frankly a lack of systems.

The Montreal series showed me Keefe doesn’t have a system or doesn’t teach his guys what to do when they are faced with pressure. How many turnovers when faced with pressure were pizzas right up the middle instead of taking it to the boards, high and out?

Sandin, pizza up the middle costs us a game
Dermott spinorama up the middle costs us a game
Galchenyuk throws the puck up the middle in OT costs us the game.
Marner middle of the ice flips the puck out

Matthews turnover to Gustav Forsling in the middle of the ice cost us a crucial game against Florida

Marner and Nylander miscommunication / not being aggressive against Pastrnak.

Those mistakes can be coached out in my opinion. So I’m looking forward to see accountability. Everyone has to know that if you make a crucial mistake your minutes are getting reduced and that will happen with Berube. The stars aren’t going to be fed PP minutes IMO

Reactions: egd27 and ACC1224

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I agree with this, Marner is not built for the playoffs. Now that you’ve admitted it publically, do you still he think he deserves a raise?

I don't think Nylander deserved the money he got, so unfortunately, there is your floor.

If he takes the same contract as Nylander, I assume it is around 12-12.5, so that is where it starts, unfortunately.

He will be overpaid by 1-2 million again.

I also never said Marner is not built for the playoffs... he's led our team before in the playoffs, most players who are not built for the playoffs can't do that.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Tkachuk does a lot more than just put up raw point totals
So does Marner. The difference is, the stuff Marner does outside of production actually helps his team.
That's not even true. Marner has 25 and Tkachuk has 22. I had hoped my example would help get you away from drawing conclusions from things like this anyway.
Tkachuk is a better overall player than Marner. I’m sorry this hurts your feelings.
Yeah, can't brag about Marner with 6 goals in his last 4 series! He's incomparable to playoff beast and cup champion Tkachuk, and his *checks notes* 6 goals in his last 4 series.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Those mistakes can be coached out in my opinion. So I’m looking forward to see accountability. Everyone has to know that if you make a crucial mistake your minutes are getting reduced and that will happen with Berube. The stars aren’t going to be fed PP minutes IMO

Has it happened? I know he spoke bad about players to the media, but did he hold anyone accountable? I am actually curious, I have no clue.

Kyrou and Thomas (think that is who he called out) got the same ice time they usually do the game after they got called out it looks like... Both got 3 and half minutes or more on the PP.

Is he actually known for benching guys?

Last edited:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

From 2021 onwards:

Well I supplied the link. The site may well have just listed the last 25 playoff games. Whatever, the search criteria was the same for both players. The best player in hockey had 8 goals, Marner had 6. Why is making a comparison so bad?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00