Who are your Top 10 Forwards next season?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Kaprizov is healthy will score 120+ points...
Yeah, he was still recovering for about half this season from the Stanley fold-up from last season. His pace with Eriksson Ek and Boldy once they were put together (Feb 7th) was something like 127 points per 82 games. Kinda nice when he doesn’t have a 2nd/3rd line tweener (Hartman) as his center and a very clearly declining winger (Zucc) on his opposite wing. Keep Kap-Ek-Boldy together Hynes. Pretty please.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
Lists without Barkov are cringe

I thought we could retire the very tired "Barkov is the most underrated player" nonsense with him not only winning his second Selke but also being the best player in a team that JUST won the Cup. But alas, apparently not if he can't make a list of top ten forwards in the league... Oh well.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I thought we could retire the very tired "Barkov is the most underrated player" nonsense with him not only winning his second Selke but also being the best player in a team that JUST won the Cup. But alas, apparently not if he can't make a list of top ten forwards in the league... Oh well.

I think the issue is he's way down the list in league scoring. 27th in league scoring, 3rd on his own team, that's a little unusual for a top 10 forward.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
I think the issue is he's way down the list in league scoring. 27th in league scoring, 3rd on his own team, that's a little unusual for a top 10 forward.

I get it, but it feels reductive to reduce hockey to plain old goal scoring - it seems to diminish the sport and the variety of skillsets available to forwards, especially when that skillset is fundamental to how the team plays and wins.

It's OK Barky - we appreciate you and how amazing you are ;)!

Reactions: teugen and Mase

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Crosby(how did this guy become underrated? He's an all timer)
If anything he's being overrated by a lot of people on this board. Yes, Crosby is a top-10 player of all-time. But that does not mean that at 37 years old he's going to be a top-10 CURRENT forward in the league lol.

Crosby has been around the 14th-18th best offensive forward in the league each of the last 3 years (his age 34/35/36 season), while also having other guys who are a lot better defensively produce pretty similarly (Barkov, Point etc.). Crosby had some of the worst defensive metrics in the league last year, and he's only getting older (entering his 37 year old season).

There's nothing wrong with rating him as the 15th-20th best forward (which is rightfully where he really has been the last handful of years overall).

Imgoingtowork

Apr 15, 2024
Europe
I thought this was meant to be scoring league and I wrote that my top figure is scoring league.

Last edited:

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland

I think people tend to forget how hard he works on the penalty kill.
The other guys on these lists don't seem to really do that at all.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
1 - Mcdavid
2 - Kucherov
3- Mackinnon
4 - Mathews
5 - Pastrnak
6 - Drai
7 - Crosby
8 - Miller
9 - Barkov
10 - Hughes

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunan

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
If anything he's being overrated by a lot of people on this board. Yes, Crosby is a top-10 player of all-time. But that does not mean that at 37 years old he's going to be a top-10 CURRENT forward in the league lol.

Crosby has been around the 14th-18th best offensive forward in the league each of the last 3 years (his age 34/35/36 season), while also having other guys who are a lot better defensively produce pretty similarly (Barkov, Point etc.). Crosby had some of the worst defensive metrics in the league last year, and he's only getting older (entering his 37 year old season).

There's nothing wrong with rating him as the 15th-20th best forward (which is rightfully where he really has been the last handful of years overall).
His own peers voted Crosby the #1 most complete player in the league just a few months ago.

• Wow
Reactions: sanscosm

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Exactly. The athletes have no idea what they are even talking about. Come to think of it...they all suck anyways.

Fan sites and internet warriors are where it is at!
Cool appeal to authority.

Being good at playing hockey =/= being able to analyze talent.

And pro athletes are often the most narrative driven, biased sources out there.

It's not shocking a league filled with players who grew up watching prime Crosby, still hold him in high regard defensively despite his defensive play dropping off lately

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
mcdavid, mackinnon, kucherov, draisaitl, matthews, and pastrnak are locks.

the other four could be any of: hughes, rantanen, barkov, kaprizov, tkachuk, panarin, crosby, petterson,

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Locks
McDavid
MacKinnon
Kucherov
Barkov
Matthews
Draisaitl

Pick 4
Crosby
Tkachuk
Kaprizov
Pasta
Panarin
Rantanen
Eichel
EP
Hughes
Agreed, though I would also add JT Miller and Point to the "Pick 4" list. Miller's 9th overall last season in points, had 9 GWG, plays in all situations; Point led the league in GWG with 12, also all-situations and of course is a multiple Cup winner.

EDIT: also low-key surprised no one put Bedard. The Hawks are trying to win now and he scored 60+ points as a rookie with no help. He's now got at least Teravainen and Bertuzzi, so I could see him probably reach 90, or is that a reach?

Reactions: Auston Escobar

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
McDavid
Mackinnon
Pastrnak
Draisaitl
Tkachuk
Barkov
Kucherov
Mathews