Who are your Top 10 Forwards next season?

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I rate Barkov very highly because of his superb defense, and proving that he is a winner, and leader of a winning team. I might pick him over everyone But McDavid if i had to start a team. Points are great, but not everything. Having said that, and not married to this order;

EDM guy
Mackinnon
Barkov
Matthews
Pasta
EDM guy's sidekick
Kuch(Great, but aging)
Crosby(how did this guy become underrated? He's an all timer)
Kaprizov(great, when healthy)

Panarin(aging, empty game besides scoring, but scores 120 points, so who cares)

HM - Can't decide between Rantanen, Marner, Nylander, Forsberg, the Tkachuk's, Point.
Barkov over McDavid? How?? What the actual.....

I misread you said everyone but McDavid. Which I still think is bonkers. I think there are most def 10 players better than Barkov.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke74

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
1. McDavid
2. MacKinnon
3. Kucherov
4. Draisaitl
5. Matthews
6. Pastrnak
7. J. Hughes
8. M. Tkachuk
9. Barkov
10. Panarin
Thought I would post my 11-20 for fun:
11. Kaprizov
12. Rantanen
13. Crosby
14. Pettersson
15. Robertson
16. Point
17. Aho
18. Eichel
19. Marner
20. Nylander

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
I think Pettersson is going to have another gear and consistenty crack this top 10 moving forward.
Absolutely Pettersson has stayed in the same 10-15 range from as last season. but he’s right there on the cusp of breaking out as a top 10 talent. I don’t think a lot of people realize how talented he is and “West Coast” Bias is real.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Maybe Barkov win the scoring league next season.
Winning scoring title is a cringe goal unless it’s a contract year and you need to get paid. The true goal should be to tighten up your game for playoffs and not over exert yourself for regular season accolades. The funny thing is that all of these guys on these top 10 lists would be completely neutered by Barkov in a 7 game series, and wouldn’t be able to contain him. He’s the best player in the world right now.

In game 7 a team with Barkov beats anyone, including a team with McDavid and Drai, as we all know.

The series wouldn’t have made it to 7 if he didn’t get elbowed in the head.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Barkov over McDavid? How?? What the actual.....

I misread you said everyone but McDavid. Which I still think is bonkers. I think there are most def 10 players better than Barkov.
Which is fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I tend to value defense more than just counting stats, and Barkov is the best of the bunch in that department. I also value C's who lead their teams to Cup wins, such as Crosby, Kopitar, Toews(for all that he faded quickly), Bergeron, ROR. All of those C's played defense very well at a minimum, most of them superbly. Mackinnon is also a fantastic player... all of them are excellent, but Barkov's D sets him apart.

When the deciding game of the Cup final is 2-1 it certainly suggests just how important team defense is.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Which is fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I tend to value defense more than just counting stats, and Barkov is the best of the bunch in that department. I also value C's who lead their teams to Cup wins, such as Crosby, Kopitar, Toews(for all that he faded quickly), Bergeron, ROR. All of those C's played defense very well at a minimum, most of them superbly. Mackinnon is also a fantastic player... all of them are excellent, but Barkov's D sets him apart.

When the deciding game of the Cup final is 2-1 it certainly suggests just how important team defense is.
Barkov D is overrated. He is still no Bergeron or Datsyuk. He is close to Kopitar.

There is no way in hell I take Barkov over Mack

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
1. McDavid
2. MacKinnon
3. Draisaitl
4. Kucherov
5. Panarin
6. Pastrnak
7. Barkov
8. M. Tkachuk
9. Rantanen
10. Hughes

Strongly disagree with anyone putting Matthews in the top 10. Don't make me laugh! He puts up a lot of empty points in meaningless games and disappears when it TRULY matters.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
1. McDavid
2. MacKinnon
3. Draisaitl
4. Kucherov
5. Panarin
6. Pastrnak
7. Barkov
8. M. Tkachuk
9. Rantanen
10. Hughes

Strongly disagree with anyone putting Matthews in the top 10. Don't make me laugh! He puts up a lot of empty points in meaningless games and disappears when it TRULY matters.
Curious as to why so many lists have players that Barkov has completely shut down and dominated in the playoffs, listed above him. I suppose people value regular season over playoff’s more than I thought.

Last edited:

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Curious as to why so many lists have players that Barkov has completed shut down and dominated in the playoffs, listed above him. I suppose people value regular season over playoff’s more than I thought.
Because it's a team game and defending star players is a team effort. Barkov certainly has a huge impact on that, and that's why he's #7 on my list.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Pasta with a real centerman will surprise people next year
60/60
Maybe puts him in top 5?
I love Lindholm but he isn't going to have that type of impact and Marchand is on the downward arc of his career and his better offensive days are gone.

Maybe Pasta can hit 120 points in a perfect season but I think 110 is his likely maximum.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00