What is Morgan Rielly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What is Morgan Rielly

• Elite #1 d-man - worth 10 million+ in market value

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Average #1 d-man - worth 9 million + in market value

Votes: 41 12.7%
  • Below average #1 d-man - worth 6-8+ million in market value

Votes: 67 20.7%
  • Elite #2 d-man - worth 6--7.5 million + in market value

Votes: 51 15.8%
  • Average 2 d-man - worth 6-7 million in market value

Votes: 61 18.9%
  • Below average #2 d-man - worth 5.25 - 6 + million in market value

Votes: 19 5.9%
  • Elite #3 d-man - worth 5 - 6 million in market value

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • Average #3 d-man - worth 5 or so million in market value

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • flawed #3 d-man - worth 4-5 million in market value

Votes: 17 5.3%
  • #4 d-man - worth 3.0 -4.0 million in market value

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • #5 d-man - worth 1.5-3 million in market value

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • #6 d-man - worth 1-2 million in market value

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #7 Tyson Barrie type d-man, don't even want him in the top 6.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 7 2.2%

• Total voters

Deez Nuts

Jun 4, 2012
All anyone has to do is look at your posts history to know you have hated on Rielly his hole career and see just how bad your opinion is.

This is true. I have disliked his game for a very long time and think he is a terrible player. Whereas, you have his photo as your profile pic and your unconditional love for him makes you unable to to see him for what he really is. Nobody in their right mind would refer to Rielly as “intelligent.” He doesn’t take big hits nor is he a great PP QB, this is delusional. Unfortunately there is nobody better to replace him on the PP. Nevertheless his minutes should be cut and he should play against the opponents weakest lines if they plan to win a round. He is no more than a puck moving 3/4 and a huge defensive liability.

Last edited:

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
He's just fat.

Same issue Nylander had after the contract hold out. Came back too fat.

There's enough time left for a professional athlete to get ready for round 1 so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I honestly think he will do enough good offensively that you guys will be content with him.

Deez Nuts

Jun 4, 2012
Rielly is a great hockey player. I stay off here for the most part as the uneducated posts tick me off. Always our best D man in the playoffs and will be again this year. He is a leader and takes huge hits to make plays. Can skate the puck out of our zone and is the only D man on our team to be able to do so.l consistently. Quarterbacks one of the best pp in the league every year.
He is so intelligent on reading where the opponents are going to try to get the puck out on the pp. Joins the rush and makes us hard to defend against.
Yet far to many on here speak out of their rear end.

What an intelligent player lmao. This has to be the most absurd descriptions of Rielly ever.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Playoff Rielly > Regular season Rielly

He really was a good pick.

Actually, look at these picks.

Rielly
Gauthier
Nylander
marner
Matthews
Liljegren
Sandin

Not a bad streak of 1st. round picks.

Gauthier wasn't even the worst 1st. rounder that year.

Sure, it would be nice if a 5th. overall was an elite defender, but alas he's just a good 1st. pairing defender with warts.

Reactions: ToneDog

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Has the tools but not the toolbox or the heart and that’s not a good combination.
Morgan Rielly no heart? Really?

Like I understand having criticisms about the player, but some of the stuff being said in this thread is just wrong

Reactions: Buds17

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Soft, floater, cheats on offense, doesn’t defend his own net front, 215 lbs but never leans on anybody. Gio has more heart in his pinkie than Rielly.
Rielly is not soft lol

He has low defensive IQ and makes bad reads, but this is a guy who lays it on the line for his team and steps up when it matters. Do people really forget how his play improves come playoff time? How he scored 3 goals for us against Vasi last year? How he fought and bloodied Ruuta in game 1?

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
Wendel Clark moved from D to forward during his career. Chelios from forward to D Man. Both made the switches in the minors but it can be done. Maybe Keefe should try it.
What is moved to forward Morgan Rielly? A Kerfoot with 7.5 M salary? Dude can't score.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
What is moved to forward Morgan Rielly? A Kerfoot with 7.5 M salary? Dude can't score.

we are gonna see number 44s back too much in the playoffs IMO
he just hasnt been confident all aeason
tampa knows all the pressure is on the leafs and they are cruising that way

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
You'll see who Rielly is when he's flying down the ice with puck all playoffs.

Just need to squeak by round 1. Round 2 and on is where team like ours dominate if healthy. Round 1 all teams are capable of squeezing it out even non playoff teams thats why we need to stop being so soft

Mark my word if we get out of Round 1, Reilly is going to be skating circles with the puck from the dzone out
Mo hasn't been skating circles around anyone this year.
His skating has been way below par compared to previous years.

Which is strange considering his partner. In fact, he is by a good margin the worst skater in the house right now.

Toronto should hire her for skating lessons

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Guy cost us that tie.

Horrible D man. Always looking for offense.

Make him a winger at this point Keefe

Guy is the d who had the biggest positive impact on leafs come back and who helped leafs to scored the 3 goal and your obcess by on his small mistake who had been created by Murray unable to control a point shot...

Without rielly leafs just never tied this game

Just funny to hear trash talk about the D whos probably been leafs best D last night because he was lost aho on murray juicy rebound...

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
LOL you call people uneducated yet you use adjectives like “great” and “intelligent” to describe Rielly. Meanwhile in reality he has such low IQ and is nowhere near being great. The guy is constantly out of position, has no understanding how to defend and lacks common sense as to when to pinch. You don’t want this guy in the ice with a one goal lead in the final minutes since he such a liability. I don’t know in what world you are imagining him taking big hits to make plays, this is pure fantasy and hilarious. If anybody is uneducated when evaluating a player you should look in the mirror.
He's been this kind of poster for years. Rielly is his main squueze since 2012. Imagine having 17k posts and only 4k likes. Tells it all. Not someone to take seriously. Story time. back in nhl 13 we had connected gm. We did a bit thing here on hf. I got stuck with the islanders we were wealing and dealing before the game even released. We had a deal with him for Phaneuf. My whole season was contingent on this deal ( I had made other deals that if this deal didint go through would fall apart) day the game releases this dude calls off the real became Phaneuf is rated 89 overall when he thought he'd be lower. (He HATED Phaneuf) totally screwed me and whined up and down the boards to get his way. Just killed the whole thing for me and I bailed. That's who you're responding to man...

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He's just fat.

Same issue Nylander had after the contract hold out. Came back too fat.

There's enough time left for a professional athlete to get ready for round 1 so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I honestly think he will do enough good offensively that you guys will be content with him.

You're right. He is fat and out of shape right now.

He is not as good as he was anymore and is overpaid.

People here 4-5years ago said he was a #1 (I didn't agree and noticed he isn't the best defensively either)

Reactions: HolyCrap

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
His criticism from me and other posters no matter how hot the take is because this season he has lost a step, IQ, Fitness, play, and scoring wise. For a number 1 D man supposedly it’s egregious.

Same as when Matthews is MIA.

We all know Reilly was injured. But the fact that we had almost perfect D while he was injured and on IR is what angers most here.

I get Keefe trying to bring him up to speed. And it seems like Reilly is improving and hopefully to another threshold by playoffs.

But we can all agree, this season. This playoffs, it seems he needs to be sheltered.
Let’s see how we do tonight vs Nashville.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Reilly is a momma's boy.... sensitive , emotional and zero leadership. Id put him on waivers 2 months ago, to send a message to Matthews, Nylander. We know Marner cares.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
He's been this kind of poster for years. Rielly is his main squueze since 2012. Imagine having 17k posts and only 4k likes. Tells it all. Not someone to take seriously. Story time. back in nhl 13 we had connected gm. We did a bit thing here on hf. I got stuck with the islanders we were wealing and dealing before the game even released. We had a deal with him for Phaneuf. My whole season was contingent on this deal ( I had made other deals that if this deal didint go through would fall apart) day the game releases this dude calls off the real became Phaneuf is rated 89 overall when he thought he'd be lower. (He HATED Phaneuf) totally screwed me and whined up and down the boards to get his way. Just killed the whole thing for me and I bailed. That's who you're responding to man...
NHL 13, seriously? Don't know who you were talking about so Im not taking their side, but I think you should let that go.

You're telling us to judge the poster off of something that happened 10 years ago where a guy simply pulled out of a trade...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad