What is Morgan Rielly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What is Morgan Rielly

• Elite #1 d-man - worth 10 million+ in market value

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Average #1 d-man - worth 9 million + in market value

Votes: 41 12.7%
  • Below average #1 d-man - worth 6-8+ million in market value

Votes: 67 20.7%
  • Elite #2 d-man - worth 6--7.5 million + in market value

Votes: 51 15.8%
  • Average 2 d-man - worth 6-7 million in market value

Votes: 61 18.9%
  • Below average #2 d-man - worth 5.25 - 6 + million in market value

Votes: 19 5.9%
  • Elite #3 d-man - worth 5 - 6 million in market value

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • Average #3 d-man - worth 5 or so million in market value

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • flawed #3 d-man - worth 4-5 million in market value

Votes: 17 5.3%
  • #4 d-man - worth 3.0 -4.0 million in market value

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • #5 d-man - worth 1.5-3 million in market value

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • #6 d-man - worth 1-2 million in market value

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #7 Tyson Barrie type d-man, don't even want him in the top 6.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 7 2.2%

• Total voters

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Remember when a good chunk of the fanbase thought it was edgy and fashionable to trash our best all-round defenceman?

Some people’s children…

All I’m gonna say on the matter.
When he’s bad, he’s very bad. When he’s on his offensive game, he’s good. There’s hole’s in his game, no doubt. But when he’s in form and he’s dominating offensively, it makes swallowing the defensive miscues a little easier. But he needs to dominant offensively for it to be worth.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
When he’s bad, he’s very bad. When he’s on his offensive game, he’s good. There’s hole’s in his game, no doubt. But when he’s in form and he’s dominating offensively, it makes swallowing the defensive miscues a little easier. But he needs to dominant offensively for it to be worth.

Reverting back to what I said page one, people aren’t appreciating what goes into a minute munching #1 dman role.

With Hedman out of the series, do you think Sergachev is having a great time subbing into that role?

Ours is fine, relative to our cap allocation for defence, which isn’t much after 4 forwards suck up half.

Rather than chewing him out the best idea was always finding a suitable partner to take some of the grunt work away.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Reverting back to what I said page one, people aren’t appreciating what goes into a minute munching #1 dman role.

With Hedman out of the series, do you think Sergachev is having a great time subbing into that role?

Ours is fine, relative to our cap allocation for defence, which isn’t much after 4 forwards suck up half.

Rather than chewing him out the best idea was always finding a suitable partner to take some of the grunt work away.
Rielly is 3rd in ice time among the leafs D group this playoffs. I think i'm quite comfortable with that. That appears to be what he is for me, a #3 offensive d-man. The #1 D talk never made sense to me. McCabe-Brodie is the top pair. Fantastic game though.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Rielly is 3rd in ice time among the leafs D group this playoffs. I think i'm quite comfortable with that. That appears to be what he is for me, a #3 offensive d-man. The #1 D talk never made sense to me. McCabe-Brodie is the top pair. Fantastic game though.
Rielly is 3rd because of how the games have went. They obviously didn't play Rielly much in the 3rd period of game 1 and we already had tonight's game won after the 1st period, so there wasn't much point in giving Rielly a bunch of minutes - especially with how he dominated the scoreboard.

With the McCabe-Brodie pairing we don't have to worry about stressing Rielly with hard matchups. Being able to pair him with Schenn to do the dirty work is a big plus for him.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Man was he good tonight. Consistently bring that game these playoffs and he’s worth every penny and more. Not expecting 4 points every game obviously, just the overall way he played.

Reactions: authentic and kb

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Rielly is 3rd because of how the games have went. They obviously didn't play Rielly much in the 3rd period of game 1 and we already had tonight's game won after the 1st period, so there wasn't much point in giving Rielly a bunch of minutes - especially with how he dominated the scoreboard.

With the McCabe-Brodie pairing we don't have to worry about stressing Rielly with hard matchups. Being able to pair him with Schenn to do the dirty work is a big plus for him.
Rielly has been playing secondary minutes for a couple weeks now. I'm not sure how Keefe plans to handle him through the playoffs but it seems like he wants to ride with McCabe and Brodie as the top pair and then Rielly will also get a ton of minutes in offensive situations.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Well, he was definitely effective tonight. Still don’t like him on pp1. It that’s not gonna change so w/e

Deez Nuts

Jun 4, 2012
While I am no Rielly fan I will acknowledge he had a fantastic game. Glad to see Keefe is using Brodie and McCabe against the tough matchups. If Rielly can be sheltered and play 18-20 minutes a game with mostly offensive zone starts his defensive struggles can be minimized.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
It's pretty neat when you have enough depth that you can pick your spots for him and Schenn.

It wasn't that long ago when we had Bogo, Marincin, etc.

Reactions: Puckstuff

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Cough. Did you forget the significant short handed minutes in the 1st game.? Rielly doesnt really do PK duties so if he isnt leading dmen in minutes, you shouldnt be comfortable if the discrepancy is notable

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Cough. Did you forget the significant short handed minutes in the 1st game.? Rielly doesnt really do PK duties so if he isnt leading dmen in minutes, you shouldnt be comfortable if the discrepancy is notable
I didn’t forget anything. He had an incredible game and I’m stoked for him. I’m not going to change my opinion of him and call him a 1D though because of 1 game. McCabe and Brodie as the top shutdown pair and Rielly in secondary offensive minutes makes the most sense to me. That’s for sure no shot at Rielly, when he’s in form he’s dominant which I even said in the OP. He’s a very useful #3 OFD. Maybe #2 OFD. When he’s not making mistakes he looks like a #1 for stretches of a game, but it’s the consistency issues on defence over the long haul that I need to see before I call him a true #1 D. But no doubt he can look like a #1 at times when he’s not making defensive mistakes and he’s dominating offensively. Hope it continues.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
He's been this kind of poster for years. Rielly is his main squueze since 2012. Imagine having 17k posts and only 4k likes. Tells it all. Not someone to take seriously. Story time. back in nhl 13 we had connected gm. We did a bit thing here on hf. I got stuck with the islanders we were wealing and dealing before the game even released. We had a deal with him for Phaneuf. My whole season was contingent on this deal ( I had made other deals that if this deal didint go through would fall apart) day the game releases this dude calls off the real became Phaneuf is rated 89 overall when he thought he'd be lower. (He HATED Phaneuf) totally screwed me and whined up and down the boards to get his way. Just killed the whole thing for me and I bailed. That's who you're responding to man...
What are you mumbling about you joined in 2022 and you posted something and 2013.

Just an FYI Likes on posts where not on here for most of my posts as I do not post much because of posters such as your self.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
NHL 13, seriously? Don't know who you were talking about so Im not taking their side, but I think you should let that go.

You're telling us to judge the poster off of something that happened 10 years ago where a guy simply pulled out of a trade...
I never was on NHL 13 or what ever he is mumbling about and he talks like he has been on this forum since 2010 when he joined in 2022... must be one of dee nuts multiple profiles. So he can agree with him self.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Rielly does some of the strangest things. I could not in a million years tell you what he was defending on he Bolts first goal. Put Schenn and Samsonov in a terrible spot.. This series is a goal fest.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
A player who shows up when it counts. He has been a great playoff performer and continues to show that this year.

Weaker regular season but I will give him the benefit of the doubt coming back form injury.

mattw4466

Jan 15, 2014
Mediocre defender and very good offensively, so I guess his value depends on which team needs that skill set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad