Post-Game Talk: What do you guys have planned for 12:30 on Saturday?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PetrPumpknEatr

Mar 8, 2015
Why would there not be much doubt? Howard gave up 5 goals in last game and was .808.

I'm pretty sure Ken Holland is making all the on ice decisions now.

P.S. Detroit media are nothing but lapdogs for Red Wing management.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Raanta starting in goal for the Rags, Zucarello out as well.

Let's just say that Rangers aren't actively trying to win tomorrow. That doesn't mean it's a gimme, but they've reduced their odds in every possible way. A win for them could mean Pens in the first round, a loss almost certain to given them the Panthers.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Let's just say that Rangers aren't actively trying to win tomorrow. That doesn't mean it's a gimme, but they've reduced their odds in every possible way. A win for them could mean Pens in the first round, a loss almost certain to given them the Panthers.

But the Wings against a back up goalie and a team that might be OK with losing makes me feel like it'll be a Wings loss.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
How about we give Howard's stats for the entire season.

.906 save percentage and 2.82 GAA.

That save percentage is ranked 39 out of 44.
The GAA is ranked 41 out of 44.

Howard is literally worse than almost every goalie in the NHL.

And it's not like Howard's last five games have been consistently good. Two good games, two bad games and one mediocre game.

Shutout

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Mrazek should start.

Let him redeem himself in the final game of the year. He can handle the pressure. Get him a big win and he gets his confidence back, and we all saw what a confident Mrazek can do vs. Tampa if that's the way the matchups fall.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Mrazek should start.

Let him redeem himself in the final game of the year. He can handle the pressure. Get him a big win and he gets his confidence back, and we all saw what a confident Mrazek can do vs. Tampa if that's the way the matchups fall.

If Mrazek was going to get a start, it should have been one of the last two games.

Since March he has completely imploded. Not only with the stats but just with his positioning, angles, rebound control.

I understand the idea of putting your hopes on the one guy who is to thank for even giving us the chance to put ourselves in a playoff position, but I don't agree with it based on recent play.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
If Mrazek was going to get a start, it should have been one of the last two games.

Since March he has completely imploded. Not only with the stats but just with his positioning, angles, rebound control.

I understand the idea of putting your hopes on the one guy who is to thank for even giving us the chance to put ourselves in a playoff position, but I don't agree with it based on recent play.

Yeah fair enough.

Admittedly March has kinda sucked for me and I've missed many games so I've had stats to go off mostly (which granted aren't favourable either).

Anyway....

Imagine this scenario...

Rangers purposefully lose to Red Wings, ensuring they play Florida but also ensuring Detroit gets in the playoffs (3rd place).

Rangers beat Florida and Wings beat injured Tampa.

Rangers now play Wings in round 2, the team that got in due to them losing purposefully.

Karma comes back and Wings eliminate Rangers.

I can dream.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
I’d start Mrazek also. He’s the only reason Detroit has a shot to make the playoffs. And if you wanna be really ambitious, the only way Detroit is gonna win a playoff series is with Mrazek starting.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Larkin has pretty decent TOI for the year. I want to say its 16+ minutes. The thing is, I doubt he was getting that much or significantly more on average at any point in his late teenage career, and that was against much, much less impressive competition. He was behind Eichel on the development team. He was, at least in the beginning, not widely heralded at Michigan. Not sure about before that, but pretty much anyway you slice it, he wasn't playing a rigorous schedule at any point and he wasn't seeing 1st line minutes for the majority of the past 2 years. So, yeah...he's gassed. I'm not surprised and not really worried either. He'll adjust.

That's not all true. Larkin was absolutely heralded on his way to Michigan. Now, he performed better than most expected he would, but he was still heralded before he showed up. As for his IT, he was getting 1st-line minutes in Ann Arbor, 16+ regularly, I'd say he sniffed 20 several times.

All that said, I do agree that he appears to have hit a bit of a wall in Detroit.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
So because 1 period for a few kids isn't enough time to undo the damage of 2 periods of mediocre play by the veterans, you come to the conclusion that "they did not get a new outcome from a new distribution."

But they weren't even undoing "the damage of 2 periods of mediocre play by the veterans"

We were outshot 12-3 in the third. 24-13 in the first two.

The simple reality is when the kids got most of their ice time the shot scale tilted even further in favour of the Bruins.

But again I'm not specifically blaming the kids. However they sure don't seem like the solution and saving grace they are made out to be on this forum.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Apart from puck retrieval I don't think Larkin provides a ton of benefits on the powerplay regardless. I mean. His speed can help us break the zone, but we only drop pass the puck to Datsyuk or Zetterberg anyway so...

Unfortunately the Wings have Zetterberg bring the puck into the zone 90% of the time on the PP when he is out there.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
But they weren't even undoing "the damage of 2 periods of mediocre play by the veterans"

We were outshot 12-3 in the third. 24-13 in the first two.

The simple reality is when the kids got most of their ice time the shot scale tilted even further in favour of the Bruins.

But again I'm not specifically blaming the kids. However they sure don't seem like the solution and saving grace they are made out to be on this forum.

Dude, the score was 1-5 and the game was over by the time the kids got to play. Everyone probably gave up at that point.

But hey, keep defending the Captain because of his "leadership". His "leadership" that has been worth 35 points and a -15 in the last 70 games, being arguably the least efficient point producing top 6 forward in the entire NHL, terrible defensive play, and a bad team. He's basically David Legwand from 2 years ago (who we all hated), except he's playing 19/20 minutes per game instead of 16.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Really wonder if he ends up putting Smith back in...would like to see Mantha back in also

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
The Wings lost to Toronto, 1-0, at home. Anything is possible.

Yeah. If you know one thing, it's that our guys are never out of surprises...
Aforementioned game vs. the Leafs or the last one vs. the Habs should have clarified that.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Dude, the score was 1-5 and the game was over by the time the kids got to play. Everyone probably gave up at that point.

But hey, keep defending the Captain because of his "leadership". His "leadership" that has been worth 35 points and a -15 in the last 70 games, being arguably the least efficient point producing top 6 forward in the entire NHL, terrible defensive play, and a bad team. He's basically David Legwand from 2 years ago (who we all hated), except he's playing 19/20 minutes per game instead of 16.

Well it seems like you missed the point here.

Like I said I'm not trying to point blame here nor defend anyone for that matter.

I just feel there is a lack of evidence that supports the idea that playing the kids more will lead to a different outcome than what we have seen all season.

As I shared, the bruins took further control of the game in third when the kids saw their ice time spike. You can blame it on "everyone giving up" but then I would counter that these young guys lack the hunger necessary. If they want more ice time they should prove they deserve it. And furthering the possession game in Boston's favour is the opposite of proving they deserve more minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad