Post-Game Talk: What do you guys have planned for 12:30 on Saturday?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Bin, if we want to move forward with Mrazek we can't have Howard's cap hit hurting us, especially with Datsyuk potentially leaving, Franzen on LTIR forever, and Zetterberg+Kronwall declining with big salaries. Howard has been serviceable and good for stretches, but that isn't enough to justify his price tag going forward.

We can do just fine on the bridge deal. plus we are rebuilding mostly, we likely wont be resigning richards, we have the money.

Assume a bridge deal of 2.5 Mil. I dont think he gets much more than that.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Well it seems like you missed the point here.

Like I said I'm not trying to point blame here nor defend anyone for that matter.

I just feel there is a lack of evidence that supports the idea that playing the kids more will lead to a different outcome than what we have seen all season.

As I shared, the bruins took further control of the game in third when the kids saw their ice time spike. You can blame it on "everyone giving up" but then I would counter that these young guys lack the hunger necessary. If they want more ice time they should prove they deserve it. And furthering the possession game in Boston's favour is the opposite of proving they deserve more minutes.

Who Are the kids? 10 players or 2-3?
The bruins score 2 in 1st min, the team gave up and started thinking about the next game.
The loss vs bruins was inevitable, everybody should know that. The team was too exhausted physically and mentally.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
What is this team going to look like if have Howard, Kronwall, Z on the cap all playing at their current levels?

Hopefully Petr can develop for a bottom ten team

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
What is this team going to look like if have Howard, Kronwall, Z on the cap all playing at their current levels?

Hopefully Petr can develop for a bottom ten team
This is a lottery team next season. I hope some of you won't be surprised by next season because we were a hot goalie and great rookie debut away from being a lottery team THIS season.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
This is a lottery team next season. I hope some of you won't be surprised by next season because we were a hot goalie and great rookie debut away from being a lottery team THIS season.

And yet we are in control of our destiny to make the playoffs. Funny.

If Zetterberg is so ****ing terrible and we should get rid of him, wouldn't playing somebody else improve our team? If Helm walks, we need to play Athanasiou more minutes.

I mean, seriously, I'm about as negative a person as can exist... And it blows my mind how things work here. If you were to listen to our fan base, we should have gone 0-82 and have our coach commit seppuku.

In a week where we went from out of the playoffs to in control of our own destiny, we had a topic about why it would be a good idea for us to miss.

It is disgusting and it pisses me off to see it.

How about we just be happy we have some great hockey to watch tomorrow?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

What's to stop that from happening again

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
What's to stop that from happening again

Or you know, players have another season to get in the system and they play better like they have in most of the recent games?

Blashill has an offseason to get to where he's comfortable playing Mantha and Athanasiou in big minutes, you know, the stuff you wouldn't do when a rookie just comes up.

I seriously don't understand why everyone is so hot on playing the young kids, but somehow is so certain that we will be a lottery team when if we were that bad they'd eventually give them more time. Holland and Blashill aren't stupid, no matter how much you want to believe they are.

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
And yet we are in control of our destiny to make the playoffs. Funny.

If Zetterberg is so ****ing terrible and we should get rid of him, wouldn't playing somebody else improve our team? If Helm walks, we need to play Athanasiou more minutes.

I mean, seriously, I'm about as negative a person as can exist... And it blows my mind how things work here. If you were to listen to our fan base, we should have gone 0-82 and have our coach commit seppuku.

In a week where we went from out of the playoffs to in control of our own destiny, we had a topic about why it would be a good idea for us to miss.

It is disgusting and it pisses me off to see it.

How about we just be happy we have some great hockey to watch tomorrow?
I don't know what else to say...we aren't a good team this year. The numbers say the same thing. I'm excited to watch the game tomorrow...after I drop my daughter off at cheerleading practice I'll be parked in front of my TV just like most of this board. I'm also honest about this team, where it stands currently and where I feel like it's headed. Pete and Larkin were great to start and that's been the difference in us having a chance to make it...acknowledging that isn't being negative or pessimistic.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I don't know what else to say...we aren't a good team this year. The numbers say the same thing. I'm excited to watch the game tomorrow...after I drop my daughter off at cheerleading practice I'll be parked in front of my TV just like most of this board. I'm also honest about this team, where it stands currently and where I feel like it's headed. Pete and Larkin were great to start and that's been the difference in us having a chance to make it...acknowledging that isn't being negative or pessimistic.

If you wanna look at the goal differential. We're only 8th/9th/10th around there. Mrazek will probably play better this time around next year and not run out of gas (though it's only been a few games lol). Larkin might improve. AA might actually get ice time!

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

I have seen enough from Larkin, Mrazek, Atahansiou, and Mantha to be excited as hell for the future. I know the time isn't now. I know they'll play as hard as they can but they just don't have the guys now. I can see the possibilities with the young kids we have now.

I would have agreed with everyone that we were going nowhere fast in 2012-2013 when our roster was filled with guys like Tootoo and Bertuzzi and Samuelsson and Colaiacovo. I felt closer to what you're saying that year. There are too many kids with exciting futures for me to think anything except us doing awesome.

Lgw

Feb 4, 2016
I believe they will win tomorrow but if they don't I guess we will get feel what most other fans feel all the time. It's been a great run and the whole organization and its fan base should be proud win or lose. With that said I wouldn't want to be living with me for the next couple of weeks if they lose.

There was a lot of change this year with the new coach and players. I'm devasted with the performance of our veterans as most of you are, never though z and Kronwall would get so old so fast. I have loved watching them play for a good portion of my life. Hopefully the young guys can pick up the slack. I remember last time when Pav and Z were both out and Nyquist carried this team to the playoffs almost single handedly scoring more goals than any other player in the leaque over that time frame. Hopefully we will find more of that in the near future.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Now they need everything.

If people want delusional optimism, go to the DRW subreddit.

The delusion optimism there really discourages any meaningful discussion. I'm 95% sure the mlive comment section has more thoughtful discussion than the red wings subreddit.

Now that I've learned to use Twitter, I no longer need reddit for red wings news as I get my **** from the direct source, and now that I've started using hfboards I don't need any other avenue for hockey discussion

As for Saturday at 12:30... Well I'm off work on a Saturday for once so I'll be in my living room being entertained whether we win or lose, and won't be disappointed/saddened or surprised by either outcome.

What I know is that whether or not we make the playoffs, the cup is very far out of reach so at the end of the day I ain't gonna lose sleep over how the season ends.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The delusion optimism there really discourages any meaningful discussion. I'm 95% sure the mlive comment section has more thoughtful discussion than the red wings subreddit.

Now that I've learned to use Twitter, I no longer need reddit for red wings news as I get my **** from the direct source, and now that I've started using hfboards I don't need any other avenue for hockey discussion

As for Saturday at 12:30... Well I'm off work on a Saturday for once so I'll be in my living room being entertained whether we win or lose, and won't be disappointed/saddened or surprised by either outcome.

What I know is that whether or not we make the playoffs, the cup is very far out of reach so at the end of the day I ain't gonna lose sleep over how the season ends.

I stopped using mlive. All they have is the trolls. And then the people that are optimists. Maybe 1 or 2 in betweens. I'm fine with optimism. Sometimes I am. But sometimes that just leads you to saying something stupid.

Some of them think that mrazek has no confidence. Lol

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Honestly. I'm expecting nyquist to have a big game. He's gotta show he can play in the playoffs. At least 3-4 points in 7 games type production

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Howard PG:
“At times last night we did a good job, but then when we reached a point where we pulled a little bit tighter it just wasn’t there, wasn’t in the tank,†Howard said. “Hopefully everyone got a great night sleep last night and sleeps well tonight and gets recharged for tomorrow because it’s win and play or lose and hope. We control our own destiny which is great.â€

Good advice Jimmy! :laugh:

DEVILISH TIME: Some Red Wings players and coaches made the 40-minute bus ride to practice in Newark on Friday afternoon. They skated at the New Jersey Devils’ practice facility, adjacent to the Prudential Center.

It’s a similar layout as to what the Red Wings can expect once the Detroit Events Center and underground practice facility opens in time for the 2017-18 season.

Besides DeKeyser and Howard, Dylan Larkin, Andreas Athanasiou, Alexey Marchenko, Petr Mrazek, Tomas Jurco, Brendan Smith, Anthony Mantha and Teemu Pulkkinen all participated in the practice conducted by assist coaches Tony Granato, Jim Bedard and Pat Ferschweiler.

Awww, a field trip for the kiddies! Seriously that is an interesting bunch, with Howard and DK? I'm glad the younger guys had the opportunity to skate and work on their game, very professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad