Post-Game Talk: What do you guys have planned for 12:30 on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Is Abby gonna play? If not Blash needs to put Mantha in on the top line. Larkin Z and Mantha would be nice.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Which season was it when we played Dallas to clinch on the very last game?

I remember because Zetterberg put the team on his back and we dominated.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
Which season was it when we played Dallas to clinch on the very last game?

I remember because Zetterberg put the team on his back and we dominated.

2012-2013, the lockout shortened season if I'm not mistaken. We won 4 in a row and shutout Dallas to clinch a spot with 56 points over Minnesota and the BJ's who both had 55.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
2012-2013, the lockout shortened season if I'm not mistaken. We won 4 in a row and shutout Dallas to clinch a spot with 56 points over Minnesota and the BJ's who both had 55.

For some reason I didn't think we clinched on the very last game that year. I still stand by my statement, this season was way worse than that one, even if the clinching scenarios are similar.

JiminyCricket

Dec 4, 2015
Kalamazoo, Michigan

We still iced a damn good team that season if I remember correctly. I think it was injuries with a mix of something else that put us in the position where Z had to go league MVP for four games.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
For some reason I didn't think we clinched on the very last game that year. I still stand by my statement, this season was way worse than that one, even if the clinching scenarios are similar.

I agree. I think it's probably because that team was only together for 48 games so some of the flaws that this current team has weren't as glaring as they are 81 games later. I'm much more stressed out about playing the Rangers than 2012/2013 Dallas though for sure.

We still iced a damn good team that season if I remember correctly. I think it was injuries with a mix of something else that put us in the position where Z had to go league MVP for four games.

Well. Cory Emmerton played the entire 48 game season. Tootoo played 42 games as well. We did still have Fil, and a fairly productive Franzen. Nyquist was still fairly young and played 22 games and put up 6 points. Tatar had 7 in 18 GP. Abdelkader hadn't "risen" yet and only had 13 points in 48 games. Datsyuk and Z were both PPG players. Also we had Damien Brunner

A decent team, but our D-core consisted of: Kronwall, Erricson, Kindl, Smith, Lashoff, Quincey, and Ian White. Spot the thing that hasn't drastically changed over the past 3 years?

If anyone wants to reflect: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Detroit_Red_Wings_season

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Lundqvist is resting and a few others are missing, of course the Rags are wanting florida instead of pittsburgh... dammit, detroit will go to the playoffs... get swepped 4-0..hoooray

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
Lundqvist is resting and a few others are missing, of course the Rags are wanting florida instead of pittsburgh... dammit, detroit will go to the playoffs... get swepped 4-0..hoooray

I don't know. Tampa is pretty beat up, and Johnson, Kucherov, and Palat haven't been as dynamic as they were last season.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Kucherov has been more dynamic the rest not so much. If we try to sign any RFA it should be Kucherov. Win and we are in BOYS. The Red Wings strike back! Lets go Red Wings

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
If we start playing, we've got a pretty good chance vs. the Bolts - given their recent injuries. But gotta get in before that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad