Post-Game Talk: What do you guys have planned for 12:30 on Saturday?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Larkin has been absolutely flying lately, he only looks tired in the 2nd night on back-to-backs which has been a trend all season.

I agree his skating is fine and he had a great backcheck effort against the Flyers. I'm not sure that he's "gassed" as much as he's just really young and has gotten everyone's attention and is getting defenses paying attention to him. But why not mix things up? Why stick him out there on powerplays and top lines for 16 minutes and not occasionally cycle the other guys in that spot?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I agree his skating is fine and he had a great backcheck effort against the Flyers. I'm not sure that he's "gassed" as much as he's just really young and has gotten everyone's attention and is getting defenses paying attention to him. But why not mix things up? Why stick him out there on powerplays and top lines for 16 minutes and not occasionally cycle the other guys in that spot?
No idea. There's really no reason that you couldn't give a guy like AA an opportunity in Larkin's slot on the PP. Or Mantha.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
Apart from puck retrieval I don't think Larkin provides a ton of benefits on the powerplay regardless. I mean. His speed can help us break the zone, but we only drop pass the puck to Datsyuk or Zetterberg anyway so...

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Pulling out all the stops. Trying to send a mental suggestion to King Henrik through my Swedish friend. Swedish Mafia.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Watching the Masters.............ironically, the same sport Wings players will be playing next week.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
I'm gonna be at work for the game... luckily my job is a joke so I can just plug my laptop in and stream it. The question is whether or not I want to bring a beer with me for the game. We all know it may be necessary.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
All the good things the D had been doing the last few games were completely forgotten in this one. Best case in point was Q on one of the goals, he lets the guy blast a shot from the left dot and not only does he not make any effort to block it, he actively "Excuse Me'd" and leaned out of the way.

He also wasn't moving the screener from the top of the crease, which might have helped. He decided to do absolutely nothing. Which is what the D had been doing most of the last four months.

Almost looked like they had figured some things out there for like a week or so. Noop. Most of the defensive mess wasn't caused by dead legs. It was caused by laziness.

Could be real interesting on Saturday. One team actively trying to lose vs one team not trying very hard to win. Should be a sloppy mess.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
No idea. There's really no reason that you couldn't give a guy like AA an opportunity in Larkin's slot on the PP. Or Mantha.

I get that AA and his playing time is the cause celebre around here these days, but he is not nearly as good of a player as you are making him out to be. His skill set does not translate well to the power play apart from his ability to gain the zone. He does not instinctively make good, quick decisions with the puck, is slow to react to the play generally and is not a great shooter of the puck. Add this to his hockey IQ and you don't have a PP performer, notwithstanding his garbage time goal yesterday.

Mantha on the other hand is custom built for the PP and should be in on Saturday in my opinion if for no other reason.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
The young guys played more because the Wings were getting blown out. Not vice versa.

Are you ****ing serious?

Look at the game logs. Zetterberg's lowest TOIs for the past 2 months have come in blowout games. The highest TOIs for AA and company have come in blowout games. Put 2 and 2 together. Blashill rests the vets and plays whoever the **** has fresh legs once the game is out of reach.

I watch the TOI on ESPNs feed (surprisngly ESPN, yes. NHL.com blows these days) and Zetterberg was on pace for 19 minutes through 2 periods. Abdelkader was on pace for about 20. Athanasiou - the guy who wasn't on the ice for any goals - was on pace for about 9:50 at that time.

Look I'm not blaming the young guys. But the reality is they did not get a new outcome from a new distribution.

Ill emphasize the most important point of my post, In a team game with a million moving pieces it is Not as simple as you guys like to pretend it is.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Look I'm not blaming the young guys. But the reality is they did not get a new outcome from a new distribution.

Ill emphasize the most important point of my post, In a team game with a million moving pieces it is Not as simple as you guys like to pretend it is.

So because 1 period for a few kids isn't enough time to undo the damage of 2 periods of mediocre play by the veterans, you come to the conclusion that "they did not get a new outcome from a new distribution."

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
No reason for Andersson.... Just keep Jurco on the 4th and move Mantha up.... If they play JA I'm gonna be pissed, there's a reason he's been in the AHL for 3 months...

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
If Abby is out we may be in big trouble. Abby's been putting in some good effort and we'll need him for the PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad