Post-Game Talk: What do you guys have planned for 12:30 on Saturday?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
AA the only forward who scored for us tonight. hmmmm.... I wonder if this is a trend? Trashill keep limiting his ice time. ok? Myabe he should be on the pp Trashill? The only guy who seems to get pucks through accurately.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Make that a double please.

I think AA needs to score a hattrick for him to get more ice time.

And let's not confuse things here. I don't see anyone saying he needs 20 minutes or even 15+. But let's try to keep it above 9? Maybe in the 10-12 range? That's not *too* crazy is it?

12ish is where I'd guess he'd be if I otherwise had no idea, yet knew how well he's played.

He did get 12:44 tonight, so.... progress?

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
12ish is where I'd guess he'd be if I otherwise had no idea, yet knew how well he's played.

He did get 12:44 tonight, so.... progress?

He only played 12 tonight because the Wings were getting blown out. The last 2 times the Wings got blown out (TB, PITT) he also played 12 and 13 minutes.

His other games outside of the blowouts in that time span? 8, 6, 9, 7, 5, and 5 minutes. So nothing has changed unfortunately.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Boston's season was on the line with Detroit on a back-to-back. Can't say this outcome was surprising.

Detroit still has their fate in their own hands. If they falter, so be it.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
No, he got that IT because the wings got blown out.

He only played 12 tonight because the Wings were getting blown out. The last 2 times the Wings got blown out (TB, PITT) he also played 12 and 13 minutes.

His other games outside of the blowouts in that time span? 8, 6, 9, 7, 5, and 5 minutes. So nothing has changed unfortunately.

Ok, so no progress lol.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
At least they all picked the same game to sleep through. Everyone should be springtime fresh for Saturday.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Boston's season was on the line with Detroit on a back-to-back. Can't say this outcome was surprising.

Detroit still has their fate in their own hands. If they falter, so be it.

From the 1st to the last game of RS, they've been one thing consistently: inconsistent. Game 82 and we still don't know if they are a PO team. I'd like to see a win Sat. but better yet a competitive hockey game.

I didn't think Detroit would be this drained after the Flyers. Damn I guess they gave everything they had last night.:shakehead Weak and embarrassing. To be riding so high with a chance to clinch and be so empty...really pathetic.

You guys are right. Without proper balance in player usage a team will fail. When our #1 line looks that fatigued and outmatched something is wrong. I agree it's not sustainable. This was as big of a game as 24 hours ago yet the Wings looked absolutely spent. That's partly on the coaches and trainers.

0 Red Wings stars tonight.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
How many of you were calling for less veteran minutes for the old guard and more for the new kids on the block?

Well AA played nearly 13; 12 for Jurco; 15 for nyquist and Tatar.

Abdelkader played 15; Pav 17; kronwall logged 15 (!); Zetterberg played 16.

Now how did that turn out for the team?

Of course there are other circumstances such as the back to back and less than stellar goaltending.

Still it's not as simple as MANY of you have been making out to be.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
How many of you were calling for less veteran minutes for the old guard and more for the new kids on the block?

Well AA played nearly 13; 12 for Jurco; 15 for nyquist and Tatar.

Abdelkader played 15; Pav 17; kronwall logged 15 (!); Zetterberg played 16.

Now how did that turn out for the team?

Of course there are other circumstances such as the back to back and less than stellar goaltending.

Still it's not as simple as MANY of you have been making out to be.

I don't feel like digging through the TOI logs but I've got a feeling that AA got more ice time because it was a blow out and not the other way around.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Let's see who got scored against.

Abby Datsyuk Richards Tatar Zetterberg with minuses...

Jurco and AA each with a +1...

I don't think the kids playing too much was the problem.

Zetterbergs Beard

Red Wins fan
May 20, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I don't feel like digging through the TOI logs but I've got a feeling that AA got more ice time because it was a blow out and not the other way around.

Right after the 5-1 goal Zetterberg was at about 13:30 and AA was at about 7:30. So yeah, I'd agree with you. You'd bet if they waited until the last 2 minutes of the third to give up the back-breaking goals instead of the first 2 minutes Zetterberg would have finished with 20:30+ and AA would've just been stapled to the bench.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Let's see who got scored against.

Abby Datsyuk Richards Tatar Zetterberg with minuses...

Jurco and AA each with a +1...

I don't think the kids playing too much was the problem.

As a proponent defending Z and Wings veterans down the stretch I humbly agree tonight was evidence of the argument against the allotment of their bloated ITs. They had nothing in the tank. Carefully trimming minutes the last month our team might have been more fresh in Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad