WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I think it's a bit over 50%, but overall a team that goes up 3-2 ends up taking the series 80% of the time.

Having said that, the Oilers have obviously seen that a 3-2 lead guarantees nothing as recently as the previous round.

The Stars are a strong road team and will likely come out and play their best game of the season. The Oilers are gonna do the same. It's gonna be a tight one.
The Oilers are also 13-1 when going yp 3-2 in a series

I'm gonna find out who they lost to. For some reason I'm thinking it's the flames lolol

Looks like it was the kings in 1988 season. Oilers were up 3-1 and lost in the first round 🤦

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Goddamn Edmonton. As much as I want to blame being down 3-2 on how Dallas may have ran out of gas playing two top dogs, or having to deal with our depth scoring going quiet … a lot has to do with how much this Edmonton team wants it.

Your top dogs have been amazing. The Oilers depth took on the challenge of being better than the Stars’ depth after hearing how deep the Stars team was leading up to game 1. And Skinner has been good.

Huge kudos and if the Stars can’t comeback, I’ll definitely be jumping on the bandwagon.
f*** off... we are not used to respectful opponents..
Switch 'top dogs' to McBaby and DraiSuckle so this place seems normal again.

Last edited by a moderator:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
f*** off... we are not used to respectful opponents..
Switch 'top dogs' to McBaby and DraiSuckle so this place seems normal again.

Fine. How about this

Stars have faced a ton of adversity all year coming back in games, and being road warriors. They steal game 6 on the road with their season on the line.

They go back home to game 7 and ill let DeBoer and Otter’s game 7 record speak for itself.

Series over, Stars win in 7 :)

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Fine. How about this

Stars have faced a ton of adversity all year coming back in games, and being road warriors. They steal game 6 on the road with their season on the line.

They go back home to game 7 and ill let DeBoer and Otter’s game 7 record speak for itself.

Not enough Oilers bashing but better.
You have ways to go before you get to the level of our previous opponents.

I think this playoffs run has been great for guys like Robertson and WJ. They are learning what it takes from top end players to become winners.. each series has been a season full of experience and they seem to be soaking it all in. Great character guys based on the interviews they give.

Last edited:

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Fine. How about this

I mean, anything can happen, momentum swings in this series are pretty wild and it just takes 1 big moment. I'm not counting them out until the final horn. Oilers know they have to put this one away so it'll be absolutely wild!

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Goddamn Edmonton. As much as I want to blame being down 3-2 on how Dallas may have ran out of gas playing two top dogs, or having to deal with our depth scoring going quiet … a lot has to do with how much this Edmonton team wants it.

Your top dogs have been amazing. The Oilers depth took on the challenge of being better than the Stars’ depth after hearing how deep the Stars team was leading up to game 1. And Skinner has been good.

Huge kudos and if the Stars can’t comeback, I’ll definitely be jumping on the bandwagon.
Didn't you guys have an extended rest between the series? I seem to recall that....

Not sure NHL players with some added break time get to play the 'too tired' card.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
The only people who thought this series wasn’t going to be completely one-sided are the ones who cheer for Dallas and Edmonton.

Dallas fans were the most reasonable of all opposing fans, likely because both fan bases know these teams have had some really great and close games over the last couple years.
To be fair there only seems to be like 4 or 5 Dallas fans here and they are reasonable and good people. I hear there was an incidence that caused a mass migration of Star fans a while ago. If they are anything like the ones who stayed the site is missing out on quality posters.

Reactions: Nostradumbass

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
This thread is now eerily reminiscent of the VAN-EDM thread after the Oilers went down 3-2, when many wrote the Oilers off entirely. A lot of fans are yet again treating game 5 as if it was game 7. The series isn't over, each game lives a life of its own. No doubt the Oilers put the choke on Dallas to get within a victory of moving on, but let's not pretend that the Stars are beaten.
Some people just enjoy living with a foot in their mouth.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
Stars in 4

Waste of 8 days

Stars in 5, maybe 4 depending on Skinners mood. Unlike the Canucks and Kings, Stars will actually generate high danger chances

Oilers finally playing against an NHL goalie and good forward depth? lol good luck

I expect many clips of sad/angsty McDavid in a short series.

Struggling to give Edmonton a game.

Dallas in 4.

Dallas had to go through Vegas and Colorado. Edmonton had to go through LA and a Demko and later Boeser-less Vancouver.

Dallas in 4. They took out the defending cup champs and then the highest scoring team in the NHL. Round three for them will be by far the easiest opponent. Congrats to the Western Conference champs, Dallas.

Dallas is four lines deep and is well rested. I expect a one-sided lopsided series.

I think Edmonton is tough for the Stars in the sense that McDavid and Draisaitl are gonna fry their pk

However, they won't do anything 5v5.

I believe this will continue a historic run for the Stars, who will be the first playoff team in history to face their toughest test in the 1st round and have easier matchups each subsequent round.

Stars in 3

Dallas in 4 or 5.

The gap in quality is significant.

Dallas are rested and McDavid looks cooked.

+ Skinner sucks.

Dallas in 6.
This thread has been an absolute beauty for all those who hate Edmonton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad