WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
The Oilers must win the next game. I would not tempt fate by going back to Dallas for a seventh game.

I'm confident that they most likely will after seeing their performance in game 5. McDavid and Draisaitl are so close to the Finals. If they get there, I'll be hard pressed to bet against them.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
It's absolutely not that simple, there were tons of people here saying that the Stars would "feast" on whoever won between EDM/VAN. Were there some salty Canucks fans? Almost certainly, but many of the comments came well before the series ended.

To be honest, with how the Stars have played so far, I think either team would have beaten then.

The series isn't over but up to this point what I've seen from Dallas I think Vancouver beats them too

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Seguin mentioned how much travel there's been in this series. I do wonder if it's adversely affecting the vets who might not be used to this.

Lots of redeye flights with the sun blaring in your face till 1am due to how far north Edmonton is.

Dallas young players are buzzing, but their greybeards look gassed.
Haha what the hell

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Seguin mentioned how much travel there's been in this series. I do wonder if it's adversely affecting the vets who might not be used to this.

Lots of redeye flights with the sun blaring in your face till 1am due to how far north Edmonton is.

1 am? Some people need to look on a map.

Reactions: jigglysquishy

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

This is one of the best sneak disses I’ve read on this site haha

steviey

Jul 5, 2022
It would be close for sure.

The narrative that Edm/Van were gonna get stomped by Col/Dal was repeated constantly here just because people want to hate on or discredit players like McDavid and Draisatl. It was always a silly notion.
I think going into it people were looking at the lineups and justifiably saying that there are probably more paths for Dallas to win than Edmonton. Dallas doesn't have McDrai, but (and this is viewing from before the series started) they probably have the best Defenceman in the series (Heiskanen), the better 1-5 d-core, the better goalie, and a more dynamic bottom 6 (with Marchment-Duchene-Pavelski being a clear advantage over the oilers' third line going into the series).

However, I think attributing the Oilers' lead in this series to this point to strictly McDrai is false. The Oilers' have virtually created a path to winning that they hadn't shown to be capable of in the first 2 rounds, mainly their bottom 6 has contributed. Brown, Janmark, Perry, Mcleod have all found ways to impact the game in the last 2 games, Skinner has played well since the going down 2-0 in game 4, and the defence looks to have steadied once they've paired Nurse with Kulak and added Broberg's mobility. Add in McDrai/Nuge/Bouch being good for at least 1 goal a game and that's a winning formula.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Only 37.6% of voters have a chance to be correct. The average person on this board made a poor assessment of the Oilers. The Oilers aren't surprising all of us, some of us thought they were the better team going into the series.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
It would be close for sure.

The narrative that Edm/Van were gonna get stomped by Col/Dal was repeated constantly here just because people want to hate on or discredit players like McDavid and Draisatl. It was always a silly notion.

I generally agree, but I think most people accept that McDrai are going to be good, the Oilers are kind of the opposite of the cup winning formula we've seen for the last decade though, but I agree that whoever won was getting discredited, people just don't respect the Pacific.

Reactions: dsi and Czechboy

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Whether or not the Oilers advance to the cup final, absolutely no one can discredit them or try and chirp them. NO ONE expected this from them, Dallas generated almost nothing that entire game. I had the Stars in 5, but the Oilers have pretty much shocked everyone (outside of Edmonton I guess)

If they keep limiting chances they have this thing in the bag. More than enough fire power to pot 3+ a game, if they just maintain puck possession and play a strong defensive game they absolutely can go all the way, crazy stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Edm has the second oldest team in the league and they have been okay. Dallas is third. Poor excuse by Seguin plus he’s in the West. He’s been a part of the western travel for many years. Lol.
That can't be right can it ? Edm is the 2nd oldest team ?

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
We owe the Canucks an apology, Oilers barely made it past them in 7 games playing against their 3rd string goalie (with Boeser out for game 7 & Pettersson MIA) everyone including myself thought Dallas was going to steamroll the Oilers in 4-5 games.
Without the Skinner freebies the Canucks series would have been over in about 5 games. They played maybe 4 good periods out of 21.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Only 37.6% of voters have a chance to be correct. The average person on this board made a poor assessment of the Oilers. The Oilers aren't surprising all of us, some of us thought they were the better team going into the series.
Plenty of them were spite voting. Bitter Canucks fans, jealous leafs fans, weird Vegas and Colorado fans, Flames fans on their third bandwagon. This series wasn’t gonna be a walk for anyone.

Corey Perry’s really dragging up that average, haha.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
As for Dallas, yes almost everybody thought this was a freebie to the finals for them.
The only people who thought this series wasn’t going to be completely one-sided are the ones who cheer for Dallas and Edmonton.

Dallas fans were the most reasonable of all opposing fans, likely because both fan bases know these teams have had some really great and close games over the last couple years.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

I have a great respect for Dallas and how they are built. I'm in shock we are this close. Curious if we can pull it off in the next 2 games.

Dallas dominance is just starting. They will be this good if not better for the next decade if they could keep this young core.

Edmonton's time is now where their core players are in their prime and having career best seasons.

Reactions: Czechboy

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Goddamn Edmonton. As much as I want to blame being down 3-2 on how Dallas may have ran out of gas playing two top dogs, or having to deal with our depth scoring going quiet … a lot has to do with how much this Edmonton team wants it.

Your top dogs have been amazing. The Oilers depth took on the challenge of being better than the Stars’ depth after hearing how deep the Stars team was leading up to game 1. And Skinner has been good.

Huge kudos and if the Stars can’t comeback, I’ll definitely be jumping on the bandwagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad