WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1717271567225.png

I seem to recall the Nuck's had a list of 'oiler fans' predictions (note, it was sportswriters and not Oil fans at all)...

So here is your updated list! Last time everyone said it is because the people changed their votes. This poll closed awhile ago and this is what is left.

I was Oilers in 7 despite, still, thinking Dallas is the better team.

Curious how it goes.

My fav is that no one really picked Dallas in 7 because everyone assumed they'd beat us in 5 or 6!

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
View attachment 878357

I seem to recall the Nuck's had a list of 'oiler fans' predictions (note, it was sportswriters and not Oil fans at all)...

So here is your updated list! Last time everyone said it is because the people changed their votes. This poll closed awhile ago and this is what is left.

Curious how it goes.

My fav is that no one really picked Dallas in 7 because everyone assumed they'd beat us in 5 or 6!

I was one of the few that picked Dallas in 7 and I hope I am wrong. Always tough to close out a series though, Edmonton better come out like it's an elimination game themselves.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
think people just have this false assumption that the oilers are still the 2020-2022 oilers of mcdavid draisaitl and a bunch of bums and bad defense. In actuality this oilers team ranked as one of the best defensive teams and there is plenty of other offensive talent between nuge, hyman, Evander Kane, henrique, and an emerging holloway

think people just have this false assumption that the oilers are still the 2020-2022 oilers of mcdavid draisaitl and a bunch of bums and bad defense. In actuality this oilers team ranked as one of the best defensive teams and there is plenty of other offensive talent between nuge, hyman, Evander Kane, henrique, and an emerging holloway

Reactions: Luc Labelle

IB

Aug 20, 2009
I will be shocked if Oilers don't close this out. Dallas has been emotionally flat and dowright terrible. If it wasn't for Skinner, this would have been a sweep.

algernon

Mar 19, 2006
Calgary

Saying it twice doesn't make your opinion correct. Skinner is as bad or worse than anyone they've had in the last 15 years.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
I will be shocked if Oilers don't close this out. Dallas has been emotionally flat and dowright terrible. If it wasn't for Skinner, this would have been a sweep.
I mean, Skinner wasn't the reason they lost game 2

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Counter-argument: If it wasn't for Skinner, Dallas might be up 3-2 in this series. He was the Oilers best player in game 1 and 2. One weak goal in game 3 doesn't change that. Oettinger gave up a couple of weak ones in the last game too.

Skinner has not been bad at all in this series. No clue why people think otherwise outside of a goal in game 3.

IB

Aug 20, 2009

I agree with most of this. The by prdoduct of having a generational superstar and another great player is that you make the playoffs every year and everyone sstarts to feel comfortable playing with the pressure. Also, the new coaching staff has galvaniozed the group, the bottom 6 and 3rd pair feel vital. PK has been outstanding.

All that said, goaltending is still an issue and could derail things next round. We will see...

Reactions: ruaware41

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Counter-argument: If it wasn't for Skinner, Dallas might be up 3-2 in this series. He was the Oilers best player in game 1 and 2. One weak goal in game 3 doesn't change that. Oettinger gave up a couple of weak ones in the last game too.

Skinner has not been bad at all in this series. No clue why people think otherwise outside of a goal in game 3.
lol look at us hyping up each others players. Least vicious WCF between fans ever.

Zaar

Feb 5, 2017
Germany
View attachment 878357

Curious how it goes.

Same here. Oilers in 7 although I felt Stars may be favourites.
But right now I hope I was wrong and the Oilers will wrap it up at home in 6!

Reactions: Czechboy

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Saying it twice doesn't make your opinion correct. Skinner is as bad or worse than anyone they've had in the last 15 years.
It only got said twice cuz I have bad internet and this garbage site is gkitching. And I didn't say anything about skinner. He's a mediocre to bad goalie. But they have an elite defense while many on here have been saying oilers don't play defense. And they have good players other than mcdrai and it's bot a 2 man team like several have said.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I sure like that Dallas team. Oilers picked the right time to lock things down. I remember watching for years of how McDavid and Draisaitl would blow the zone hoping for offense. Strange to see how focused they are on the D side of the game.

Still work to do.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I realize you are an Oilers fan named "Connor McConnor" with a Connor McJesus avatar, but there is more to being a good defenseman than high volume goal scoring.

Tanev is a huge loss for Dallas. It's gonna change the dynamic.
What is “high-volume scoring” in the context you’ve used? I’ve never heard that before and not only does it sound incorrectly used but it also doesn’t sound good for any dman to be associated with, especially if they are supposedly a shutdown guy. What else does he bring to the team?

Yeah he’s a big loss. Nobody loses their 8th best player they picked up at the TDL with massive injury risks and can survive. Series over now.

• Haha
Reactions: Oilslick941611

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Auston Matthews career playoffs: 48 points

Connor McDavid last 15 months: 49 playoff points

The playoff gap is massive.
Honestly, this is wild.

Objectively, every metric shows this is as wrong as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad