WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Makes my job easier, when the Oilers win. Lol.

I dunno, When my teams are out I just watch as a casual fan with no horse in the race or switch to baseball, lol.

Jumping on the bandwagon is one thing, but are you jumping on because that team is playing your most hated rival? Some folks don’t care about Dallas winning, they care more about Edmonton losing, if that makes sense.
Went out to watch the game the other night and decided I am watching the rest at home because of all the Flame and Canuck fans laughing about the Oilers losing. Like, get a grip you drunk buffoons, your teams are done. Don't pretend you are some long serving Dallas fan.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
True. But I also feel as though they rely too heavily on their PP. So much so that even the team knows they need PP time. I've not seen this level of embellishment from a team looking for calls in a long time. EDM need those PP to have a chance. If this is a 5on5 situation they are cooked.
lol...0 PP goals in this series for the Oilers

sit this on out

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Still anybody's series. Tanev being out hurts for sure though and definitely drops the Stars chances of winning by quite a bit, but an off game or 2 from Skinner or the Oilers D or their top 2 guys and that can also change things. Best of 3 now, no room for off games.

Still, feels we will hear from the Oilers PP by the end of this series before all is said and done. Stars PP probably not lol. Just trash especially if we keep sending Pavelski out there

Also the Tanev/Nurse comparison is hilarious. I don't see Nurse matching up against McDavid/Draisaitl every shift.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
I'm surprised the Stars are having trouble dispatching the Oilers. The way they were talked about around here you'd think they were 2002 Red Wings.
They're a strong team but so are the Oilers. Edmonton was the best team in the league by virtually any measure under Knoblauch. It's not the 2021 Oilers anymore.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Went out to watch the game the other night and decided I am watching the rest at home because of all the Flame and Canuck fans laughing about the Oilers losing. Like, get a grip you drunk buffoons, your teams are done. Don't pretend you are some long serving Dallas fan.

Yep...reminds me of 2006. Went to a bar in Airdrie with my wife visiting friends. Flames are out. I look up from the pool table....Oilers score against the Ducks. I quietly fist pump and get on with my shot. I stand up and there is a guy in my face. I wasn't cheering loud. Didn't have a jersey on. He starts beaking. I move to the side, he gets in my way. Bartender comes over and kicks US out for cuasing a distubance. So why have the game on then Pejorative Slur?

Joke was on him though. Dumb f*** didn't even think that we had a tab lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bucks_oil

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Twitter is a cesspool of mentally ill toxicity and stupidity.
Just like Facebook. And Instagram, etc etc.

Forums are the last bastion of sane discussion for any topic or fandom. At least the morons are in a much lower percentage because user names and avatars are more recognizable so people have reputations wherein they can get called out. On social media sites, burners are at an all time high and there is no accountability to be a decent person.

I'm surprised the Stars are having trouble dispatching the Oilers. The way they were talked about around here you'd think they were 2002 Red Wings.
Yea but most of those comments were from fans of other teams that pray for the Oilers demise.

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
"Does anyone actually think that the Oilers have looked good these playoffs? I've yet to see a game of theirs where I thought, "this is a good team". "

Do you still believe this?
I absolutely do. The only thing I've been impressed with is their PK, but also equally unimpressed with Dallas' PP.

See unlike the casual fans here, I don't live and die with every win/loss. I have a little thing called conviction.

Were you actually impressed with the Oilers' last night? All I saw was a team that wanted to win more, not a better team.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
There's not really that many on this board that are active in these threads. Just the reality of the situation, I wouldn't call them out, it's not like the previous round against Vancouver.

OT but Janmark always reminds me of the Bolton villain from GoT.

Agree, most of the hot takes have been coming from anti-Oiler fans, not from Dallas fans. Dallas fans have been generally pretty balanced (as have most Oiler fans I'd argue... after accounting for our ingrained small-market, decade-of-darkness defensiveness)

Reactions: MBTendy

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Edmonton was the best team in the league for 3/4 of the season why are people surprised they are going deep??
Because.... Oilerzzz suck lolzzz. Nothing but a one man team lolzzz, PP merchants, terrible at even strength, weak division etc. blah blah blah

The reality is that the 4 teams left are all very good teams that are deserving of being in the Final 4 based on their season and talent so what we're left with is, unsurprisingly, two series that are 2-2 and are down to a Best of 3 where anything can happen.

Last edited:

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

Yeah in full transparency I thought the Stars would dominate possession/Corsi and the Oilers would eek out 1-2 wins but the Stars have been underwhelming for long stretches. Teams are banged up for sure... Wyatt Johnston and Stankoven have been as advertised though.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I predicted Stars in 4 but also I didn’t want to look like a complete idiot just in case so I qualify it with maybe it goes to 5, or maybe 6 or maybe even 7. But Stars in 5, unless it does go to 6 or 7 but not because the Oilers are good, because they aren’t. They can only score on the PP and they don’t have defense or goaltending. So again my prediction is stars in 5 unless it goes 6 or 7.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Were you actually impressed with the Oilers' last night? All I saw was a team that wanted to win more, not a better team.
They aren't as structured as other teams, but when they get rolling, it's like organized chaos. They have been backchecking hard, forechecking hard, it's almost a lunchbox team with high end offense. I was impressed when they woke up last night, saying they wanted to win more is kind of a cop out. You don't get to the WCF by will alone.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I absolutely do. The only thing I've been impressed with is their PK, but also equally unimpressed with Dallas' PP.

See unlike the casual fans here, I don't live and die with every win/loss. I have a little thing called conviction.

I was...I've been impressed all series

they've taken 2-goal leads in 3 of the 4 games so far, despite not relying on their PP...against the mighty Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad