WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve
Jan 13, 2023
Zero powerplay goals for the Oilers in 4 games. Say that at the begining of the series and everyone would've thought it'd be a 4-0 Stars series win yet we're tied. The Oilers are for real, no doubt about it now.
Lots of haters made to eat their shoes, regardless of the outcome of this series.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Hoping Tanev isn't injured - you hate to see a key guy go down like that. Regardless, I still think the Stars will be alright. I imagine it must be tough for the 4 remaining guys that are playing heavy minutes though.

The Stars lost their game tonight. This was definitely a combo of the Oilers seizing moment and never giving it back, in combination with the Stars losing their typical game plan.

I expect them to come out with no mercy on game 5. Hopefully the Oil can match.

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
Gutsy win for the Oil. Like some Edmonton fan said in the GDT; maybe the key is to go down 0-2 first:teach2:

Nothing ever carries to the next game so it's still an open script for game5. I do sense some "unexpected" penalty trouble for the peepee, peekay and even strength merchants

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Perry was quite good tonight. Made some good defensive and offensive plays.

They should go with the same line-up again for Game Five.
Judging by how knoblach has kept the same lines after Ws pretty sure nothing changes for the next game

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Love the forum mindset. The Oilers lose a game and the detractors goes hog wild with the shit talking. The Oilers win a game, everyone fades away, and fans are scolded to be classy.

Makes my job easier, when the Oilers win. Lol.

I dunno, When my teams are out I just watch as a casual fan with no horse in the race or switch to baseball, lol.

Jumping on the bandwagon is one thing, but are you jumping on because that team is playing your most hated rival? Some folks don’t care about Dallas winning, they care more about Edmonton losing, if that makes sense.

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
Still got Stars winning. Tanev question mark definitely puts doubts though. Last night Oilers clearly wanted it more, and missed opportunity for Dallas since Skinner looked shaky early, then never saw another scoring opportunity against.

Reactions: Elysian

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Yeah Tanev who has as many goals on ice as Nurse is definitely the turning point in an evenly matched series.

I realize you are an Oilers fan named "Connor McConnor" with a Connor McJesus avatar, but there is more to being a good defenseman than high volume goal scoring.

Tanev is a huge loss for Dallas. It's gonna change the dynamic.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Series is a tossup without Tanev, no surprise the wheels fell off as soon as he went down. Petrovic and Suter were way overexposed after that, and both did not elevate their game.
That’s what happens when your big trade deadline acquisition is the hockey equivalent of Mr. Glass.

Most people could tell you with some certainty that he’d get injured at some point.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Solid win Oilers and their best players played well. Glad we fans now have 2 playoff series that are 2-2 after first 2 rounds were blah. Hope both fan-bases are enjoying this ride, a game 5 with series at 2-2 is intense and fun at same time. Enjoy.... :)

Reactions: iCanada and Mez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad