WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Series might be over now that Tanev seems like he's gonna be out. Stars really needed another dman at the deadline

Still tied for now, would be a big choke by Edmonton to not win it. Even if the Stars somehow get out of this series, if Tanev isn't good to go then they're screwed for the next one anyways. Stars don't have another NHL defender and would have to play Suter in the top 4 and Petrovic and another AHL guy/Lundkvist on the bottom pairing. Can't win against McDavid/Draisaitl with that

Lot of cocky fans in here for a tied 2-2 series though. Not the classiest bunch posting in here tonight that's for sure, and if the Oilers lose the series (or the next one) it'll be fun to revisit them.

Stars had an epic collapse tonight, much like the Oilers did in game 3. Is what it is.

It's actually kinda shocking there hasn't been a single PP goal in this series yet, but the Stars powerplay is as bad as it gets and Oilers PK is doing good work on top of that. Bad combo

Also worth noting that most of the people saying Stars in 4 or 5 were NOT Stars fans. This series was always going minimum 6 games

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Nothing against you guys.
Just against the plethora of anti-Oiler regulars that predicted a sweep like it was the sun setting.

Anyone predicting a sweep was dumb. Stars were never gonna win game 1 no matter what so there's 1 win right there :)

• Love
Reactions: Luc Labelle

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Series might be over now that Tanev seems like he's gonna be out. Stars really needed another dman at the deadline

Still tied for now, would be a big choke by Edmonton to not win it. Even if the Stars somehow get out of this series, if Tanev isn't good to go then they're screwed for the next one anyways. Stars don't have another NHL defender and would have to play Suter in the top 4 and Petrovic and another AHL guy/Lundkvist on the bottom pairing. Can't win against McDavid/Draisaitl with that

Lot of cocky fans in here for a tied 2-2 series though. Not the classiest bunch posting in here tonight that's for sure, and if the Oilers lose the series (or the next one) it'll be fun to revisit them.

Stars had an epic collapse tonight, much like the Oilers did in game 3. Is what it is.

It's actually kinda shocking there hasn't been a single PP goal in this series yet, but the Stars powerplay is as bad as it gets and Oilers PK is doing good work on top of that. Bad combo

Also worth noting that most of the people saying Stars in 4 or 5 were NOT Stars fans. This series was always going minimum 6 games
Every time Edmonton loses we’ve got representatives from half a dozen loser fanbases (not Stars fans, they’re awesome) in here pissing on our graves so excuse us if we’re excited when our team wins.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

I'm sure you were saying the same thing after last game.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm sure you were saying the same thing after last game.

I'm never cocky about the Stars, because I don't trust them in this situation. As soon as the Oilers scored their first goal tonight I felt the game was over and we were gonna lose lol

Deepest team in the NHL can't overcome one injury on the second pairing?

Stars forward group is deep and our top 4 on D is good, but our defensive depth is certainly not. We lost our 7th D on waivers and DeBoer hates Lundkvist, so we have no options left back there.

Would basically be like if the Oilers lost Ekholm.

Reactions: PuckG and McFlyingV

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014

The cocky fans are only beaking at the obvious haters and trolls, not towards actual stars fans

Also like your boy Luka said, anybody can act tough when their team is up. The real fight comes when you’re down or tied

Go Dallas Mavericks but LETS GO OILERS

Jan 13, 2023
Not really. It is hubris without hardware. I'm not sure I can congratulate EDM anymore on the win than I already have.

Great response in a MUST win game. Great urgency. What I won't do is crown them champs as a bunch of "fans" have already done. It's a mistake to go there. JMHO. What do I know. Plan the parades. LOL.
definitely understandable that the chant wasn't everyone's favorite thing but idk if it's really worth being THAT butthurt over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad