WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I'm never cocky about the Stars, because I don't trust them in this situation. As soon as the Oilers scored their first goal tonight I felt the game was over and we were gonna lose lol

Stars forward group is deep and our top 4 on D is good, but our defensive depth is certainly not. We lost our 7th D on waivers and DeBoer hates Lundkvist, so we have no options left back there.

Would basically be like if the Oilers lost Ekholm.

Good news for you, oilers were functionally without Ekholm for most of the Vancouver series. He was sicker than a dog. Word on the street was he lost 25 lbs and could barely walk through the nausea, aches, and fatigue. His ice time also dropped from 25+ minutes to a 15:23 average from game 3 through game 5.

Tanev is potentially a huge loss, but you're a resilient team. One of Harley / Lindell could step up, and Hakenpaa is day to day, no?

Series is far from over.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
They probably don't want to leave Robertson all alone 5 ft from Skinner. Just a thought.

My main beef with the Oil fanbase. They cannot give any team credit. They lost because it was 1. Refs. 2. Bettman 3. We are Injured. 4. They beat themselves and other team is just lucky.
We really need more praise from posters about how the Oilers played a great game tonight.

PK merchants!

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I don't think so. They haven't crowned them anything. They are just saying "we want the cup!". I mean isn't that what everyone wants.
No! I only watch hockey for good clean enjoyment and a promise that everyone has fun!

But when I tried to start the chant, it didn't pick up steam.

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

BIeucheeseWithWings

Shlt Poster
Jul 9, 2022
If the Oilers make it to the finals, the amount of attention they are going to receive from Pat McAfee, Dave Portnoy, NBA on TNT and anyone else coming for the ride -- it may be too much for the detractors to handle. I recommend not watching anything sports-related for at least 10 days. Unless you're into soccer (ha); you'll be safe.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
They probably don't want to leave Robertson all alone 5 ft from Skinner. Just a thought.

My main beef with the Oil fanbase. They cannot give any team credit. They lost because it was 1. Refs. 2. Bettman 3. We are Injured. 4. They beat themselves and other team is just lucky.

Remember that thread at the beginning of the season? I think most Oiler fans have earned the right to not give a damn about your or anyone's "beef"

Sniperberg

Mar 30, 2017
Im impressed by the Oilers bounceback after what transpired in game 3 and with them being 2-0 down that early.

Both conference finals heading towards a possible game 7-scenario looks possible now.

Reactions: Sentinel and zar

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
2-2 seems like a pretty fair outcome looking at all 4 games so far. The first 3 probably could have gone either way, this one was mostly a no doubter.

Lineup changes...

I didn't really care for any of the changes the Oilers made, but I think you have to stick with them because they won the game. Broberg looked fine out there, he's a noticeably better skater than Desharnais. The series isn't all that physical so maybe that's a change that stays the same the rest of the way.

For Dallas I think it probably depends on Tanev's health. I don't think he's looked all that great the entire series, but that would still be a big loss on the backend. He has been on for 6 goals against in the 4 games, same as Darnell Nurse.

Game 5 should be fun back in Dallas

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks and zar

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
In my opinion this was the biggest playoff win in the McDavid era only next to sending the Flames home 2 years ago. If the Oilers hoist the cup, you could look at this game as a turning point in the playoffs.

It looked like Dallas was going to do what they did in Game 4 to the Avs and run away with it. But Oil turned the tables and they way they won just felt different.

It's a long way to go in the series, but I'm impressed.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
This has been a very entertaining series. Hard on the heart for the fans of both teams. So many momentum swings in each period.

Stars have played a smart game… their game. The Oilers a bit more chaotic but I was very happy with how the Oil played tonight… a slow start but they competed hard and most impressed that they didn’t sit back on the lead when they got there… finally!

Should be a great close to this series… expecting it to go 7… still anyone’s series.

LFG Oilers!

Reactions: Oilhawks and PuckG

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
In my opinion this was the biggest playoff win in the McDavid era only next to sending the Flames home 2 years ago. If the Oilers hoist the cup, you could look at this game as a turning point in the playoffs.

It looked like Dallas was going to do what they did in Game 4 to the Avs and run away with it. But Oil turned the tables and they way they won just felt different.

It's a long way to go in the series, but I'm impressed.
Every game decided by one goal (minus empty nets) until this one. Oilers definitely made a statement tonight. Not only will this not be a cake walk for the Stars, they could be in serious trouble now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad