WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Of course they are. Dallas was rolling 5 d-men all through the Colorado series and somehow made it past them, and now again against Edmonton they're running a skeleton crew which is going to be tested big time if Tanev misses any time.

Swapping him out for Nils Lundkvist isn't ideal but it's what Dallas might have to do, which will change their gameplan as the league's top shot blocker isn't exactly easy to replace.
If any team is able to mitigate the loss of a Tanev, it’s the Stars. Their commitment to discipline and structured play is likely the best in the league.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I absolutely do. The only thing I've been impressed with is their PK, but also equally unimpressed with Dallas' PP.

See unlike the casual fans here, I don't live and die with every win/loss. I have a little thing called conviction.

Were you actually impressed with the Oilers' last night? All I saw was a team that wanted to win more, not a better team.

Oilers out-shot, out-hit, out-blocked, out-chanced, out corsi'd, out fenwicked, out HD-chanced, out expected-goaled, out-pretty-much-anythinged Dallas last night, except for maybe power plays... but Janmark and the Oilers were able to borrow one of Dallas'

Objectively and with "conviction" what exactly are you expecting to see? How would you define "better team" on a given night?

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Oilers out-shot, out-hit, out-blocked, out-chanced, out corsi'd, out fenwicked, out HD-chanced, out expected-goaled, out-pretty-much-anythinged Dallas last night, except for maybe power plays... but Janmark and the Oilers were able to borrow one of Dallas'

Objectively and with "conviction" what exactly are you expecting to see? How would you define "better team" on a given night?
Bro, they just wanted it more.

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
Series is a tossup without Tanev, no surprise the wheels fell off as soon as he went down. Petrovic and Suter were way overexposed after that, and both did not elevate their game.
this was sad to watch on Suter's end, I thought he'd finally gotten this 'over the hill' stigma monkey off his back over this playoffs, but last night looked like he slipped back into being a liability again, unfortunately for the Stars

Reactions: Elysian

bombers15

5-14-6-1
Mar 17, 2008
Their defense and goaltending is still very suspect at times. But their offense is other-worldly- and McDrai aren't the only ones driving it.
Goaltending? Sure.

Defense? Nah, that's what I'm saying. They're legitimately a strong defensive team now and people don't want to admit it.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Part of being a sports fan is relishing in the misery of your rivals and teams you hate. No problem with that.
Hits different when it's coming from fans of teams that have been abject failures and disappointments for nearly their entire existences.

Flames and Canucks fans relishing in the Oilers losing is just sad when you realize their own teams rarely garner that level of investment themselves.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Hits different when it's coming from fans of teams that have been abject failures and disappointments for nearly their entire existences.

Flames and Canucks fans relishing in the Oilers losing is just sad when you realize their own teams rarely garner that level of investment themselves.

Funny thing there. Their relishing Oilers failure doesn't affect me.....but their misery in any Oilers success makes me happy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad