WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
He isn't a big game goalie. Otter has been keeping the Stars alive when the Oilers were hammering them in the first period the last 2 games then shut the door after that.
I don’t agree with that. Otter had a .900 save percentage. That’s not amazing goaltending either.
Even in the first period the 2 goals was pretty average goaltending. He’s not playing lights out.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Exactly like the series against Canucks, this series is over after 3 games... I wonder why do they bother play the rest of the series.
Last time I checked Dallas is not playing a 3rd string goalie. And something about Brock Boeser? Was probably nothing.
Issue with Edmonton is they are focusing on Skinner when the bigger issue is the players they’ve put in front of him.
I hope this never changes.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
I don’t agree with that. Otter had a .900 save percentage. That’s not amazing goaltending either.
Even in the first period the 2 goals was pretty average goaltending. He’s not playing lights out.
Those stats are pretty irrelevant in the playoffs. It's timely saves. The Robertson GWG is a prime example of a goal you just can't give up for a team looking to break through.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
He's been lights out in the playoffs. Even after last night he's .923 2.09 in the playoffs through 16 games.

Yep. Leads all remaining goalies in GAA, and is second (barely) to Igor in sv%.

He'll still have the odd hiccup every now and again but for the most part he's been rock solid.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
He played lights out during the first periods of the last 2 games and shut the door in the third period of each game. The winning goals in games 2 and 3 were stoppable goals.

IB

Aug 20, 2009
Full disclosure. I am a Flames fan that is cheering against the Oilers. For the second round in a row The Oilers are trailing a team they are out playing. I agree this is not the case for the full 60 minutes of any game so far but on the balance of play. Dallas is a very frustrating team to cheer for. They do not seem to have any sense of urgency and are leading this series based on pure luck and better goaltending.

Pickard will more than likely come in for Skinner and give them much better goaltending by simply being adequate. With the current difference in team play this may be enough to propel the Oilers on to the next round.

Wake up Stars! No more fumbling the puck and fly bye's on the forecheck play with some heart and desire. Your current game of desperate defending paired with adequate to good goaltending is not going to cut it if we want to see McDavid and co golfing any time soon. Plus you will be depriving us of a summer saga around Leon re-signing or testing the Oilers resolve to trade him.

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
McDavid puts up 2 points and still ends up a minus, on the ice for 3 of 5 Dallas goals (yes one was an ENG). Literally just flying the zone every opportunity he can on the first Robertson goal, tries covering Robertson who scores.

Draisaitl with the giveaway on the game winner.

These aren't guys you win chips with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad