WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It’s pretty crazy that Dallas had to beat the last 2 Cup winners to get here. I think they’re battle tested already.
Oilers needed to win their earlier series without running McDrai into the ground in order to improve their odds imo.
It seems like the same thing every year. They just wear out their top guys by the time they get deeper in the playoffs.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I am curious what happened to the physical side. Nurses best attributes were his athleticism and physical presence. He doesn’t seem to be a physical force anymore.

He doesn’t hit, he doesn’t fight. So what does he do?

I hate to say this, but I agree with you. It’s like he got neutered.

In the past, I have been a big Nurse supporter. He’s always had his flaws defensively but had a bit of offensive punch to his game, skated well, played physical and I thought he would “mature” defensively.

Instead, he got paid and has regressed in all areas. We all knew he was over paid the day that contract was signed but it’s looking worse and worse each year.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
It’s pretty crazy that Dallas had to beat the last 2 Cup winners to get here. I think they’re battle tested already.
Oilers needed to win their earlier series without running McDrai into the ground in order to improve their odds imo.
It seems like the same thing every year. They just wear out their top guys by the time they get deeper in the playoffs.

True. But I also feel as though they rely too heavily on their PP. So much so that even the team knows they need PP time. I've not seen this level of embellishment from a team looking for calls in a long time. EDM need those PP to have a chance. If this is a 5on5 situation they are cooked.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
True. But I also feel as though they rely too heavily on their PP. So much so that even the team knows they need PP time. I've not seen this level of embellishment from a team looking for calls in a long time. EDM need those PP to have a chance. If this is a 5on5 situation they are cooked.
Agreed. Probably why the players and coach whine so much about the reffing.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
It's a good series where both sides are attacking and counter attacking... it's like a chess match of two solid teams.. knobloch, is up next.

Glad there isn't much cheap stuff or refs deciding the outcome. No toxic fan base clashes is added bonus..

Mutual respect is refreshing

Oilers have 1 PP goal in their last 15 or 16 attempts... they have been in games and winning without the PP for the last 5 games.

Reactions: zar

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
True. But I also feel as though they rely too heavily on their PP. So much so that even the team knows they need PP time. I've not seen this level of embellishment from a team looking for calls in a long time. EDM need those PP to have a chance. If this is a 5on5 situation they are cooked..
Dallas Stars looked way better 5v5 it's very obvious one teams is playing for powerplays. Never seen players go down that easy and then on the puck in the corners it's like they turn into Jagr and you need to take their legs out to take them down. Otherwise it's flap jack city everywhere else on the ice.

• Haha
Reactions: InTheBox and MikeK

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Dallas Stars looked way better 5v5 it's very obvious one teams is playing for powerplays. Never seen players go down that easy and then on the puck in the corners it's like they turn into Jagr and you need to take their legs out to take them down. Otherwise it's flap jack city everywhere else on the ice.

Most of us are seeing the same thing. One minute they act like they've been hit with a sledge hammer then they're right back into the play like nothing. It's like watching a soccer team. Brutal.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Most of us are seeing the same thing. One minute they act like they've been hit with a sledge hammer then they're right back into the play like nothing. It's like watching a soccer team. Brutal.
Like I said Drai plays like a unit with the puck deep in the zone but battling in neutral zones ud assume he was missing a leg

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
Preseason... We all say Ceci will be a problem
During season we say we need to upgrade Ceci and get a backup
Before TDL... We need a backup and to upgrade Ceci

We get Henrique, Stecher and carrick

Round 3... Nurse, Ceci and Skinner are taking a tonne on heat.

We have a nice juicy Alex Pietrangelo to offer you, but it's up to you to have him waive his NMC :sarcasm::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad