WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
I dunno. That might be a stereotype. I don't think they are really playing run and gun. They look like a team to me that is trying to insulate their goalie the best they can.

They go on these stretches from time to time where they barely give up chances but the moment one of those chances goes in, it's like they unravel in a really alarming way, particularly when nursing a lead.

Their forwards including McDrai have horrible coverage, and have cost them big goals against.

• Haha
Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
If Oilers didn't hit the goalpost few times in games 1 and 3, they would lead the series.

Game of inches.
like max v said the other day, 'if my mom had balls she'd be my dad.' ifs are always ifs.

the one thing i'd say is that an OT post if is pretty much the biggest if. instantly ends the game with the losing team having no chance to alter its approach for the duration to recover. so the 2 posts jrob hit in game one OT loom pretty large here. it's just not the same as hitting a post in the second period or even midway through the third.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I am curious what happened to the physical side. Nurses best attributes were his athleticism and physical presence. He doesn’t seem to be a physical force anymore.

He doesn’t hit, he doesn’t fight. So what does he do?
Again, I'm a fan and supporter.

To answer your question.. nothing, he's been awful.

I could blame Ceci or VD is neither would be in a Top 4 for Dallas, Nucks, Avs, Kings or the Washington generals but he really should be able to do more. He's become a liability and I never once thought he was a liability. Not even capwise as it's only 2 million over and Campbell, Brown alone take up 8 million next year.

I hope he's injured and that is why. I blame Holland though.. if we scratch him:

Ek Bouch
Kulak Ceci
Bro VD

WTF????

• Haha
Reactions: Coffey

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Again, I'm a fan and supporter.

To answer your question.. nothing, he's been awful.

I could blame Ceci or VD is neither would be in a Top 4 for Dallas, Nucks, Avs, Kings or the Washington generals but he really should be able to do more. He's become a liability and I never once thought he was a liability. Not even capwise as it's only 2 million over and Campbell, Brown alone take up 8 million next year.

I hope he's injured and that is why. I blame Holland though.. if we scratch him:

Ek Bouch
Kulak Ceci
Bro VD

WTF????
Thanks for shoring up our defense, Holland.

This is on you.

• Haha
Reactions: Artemi Panarin

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
HF really gets a perception of a team that never changes. The Oilers are 1-2 and lost two 1 goal games and won one OT game. None of those games were they outplayed overall. But because it's the Oilers people are acting like they just got swept.

Last edited:

Artemi Panarin

Aug 3, 2021
Ко́ркино
HF really gets a perception of a team that never changes. The Oilers are 1-2 and lost two 1 goal games and one one OT game. None of those games were they outplayed overall. But because it's the Oilers people are acting like they just got swept.
It couldn't have anything to do with their rich history of coiling after leads, could it Snowblind?

• Haha

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for shoring up our defense, Holland.

This is on you.
Preseason... We all say Ceci will be a problem
During season we say we need to upgrade Ceci and get a backup
Before TDL... We need a backup and to upgrade Ceci

We get Henrique, Stecher and carrick

Round 3... Nurse, Ceci and Skinner are taking a tonne on heat.

Artemi Panarin

Aug 3, 2021
Ко́ркино
But that's what I mean, it's their history but the facts of this season is that the Oilers are down 2-1 and lost two 1 goal games.
They've been playing with fire all playoffs long when it comes to passiveness after gaining a lead.

I notice both Dallas and Vancouver seem to let them expend their energy early and then get them when they're tired and it theoretically works. Especially when you have Nurse and Ceci waiting for you in the other zone.

• Haha

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
HF really gets a perception of a team that never changes. The Oilers are 1-2 and lost two 1 goal games and one one OT game. None of those games were they outplayed overall. But because it's the Oilers people are acting like they just got swept.

....two two-goal games, you mean.

Also no one's acting like the Oilers "just got swept". The best road team in the NHL just stormed back and won a big game in Edmonton's barn. Series is only half over - but there's no shame in admitting Dallas has the upper hand right now.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Oilers will need their big guns to perform, they rely heavily on the top 2 guys, if they don't perform they got no chance. 1 point in 3 games for Draisaitl isn't gonna cut it. Still only a 2-1 series, 1 good game and it looks like a brand new series.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Oilers will need their big guns to perform, they rely heavily on the top 2 guys, if they don't perform they got no chance. 1 point in 3 games for Draisaitl isn't gonna cut it. Still only a 2-1 series, 1 good game and it looks like a brand new series.
Dallas plays an extremely solid defensive game, ultimate clogging of shooting lanes, and a fantastic goalie. Hard to get a lot of offense in.
This is why they beat Avs and Knights.

And they cherry pick a lot and it works!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
....two two-goal games, you mean.

Also no one's acting like the Oilers "just got swept". The best road team in the NHL just stormed back and won a big game in Edmonton's barn. Series is only half over - but there's no shame in admitting Dallas has the upper hand right now.

Come on, empty net goals mean very little. I think both goals were from their own zone. It means very little in terms of how a team is actually playing the game.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
Lots of Nurse talk. Bouchard was a statue and provided the screen on that one Robertson goal. The Oilers were pretty much standing around watching on that one.
Seriously. There's 20 players on a bench, blaming one reeks of copium. Their defense had really good stretches in the regular season and PO games here and there, but they're bad top to bottom when pressured.

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
I dunno. That might be a stereotype. I don't think they are really playing run and gun. They look like a team to me that is trying to insulate their goalie the best they can.

They go on these stretches from time to time where they barely give up chances but the moment one of those chances goes in, it's like they unravel in a really alarming way, particularly when nursing a lead.
The Oilers have shown great defense and shot blocking in games 6 and 7 against the Canucks as well in certain stretches in the Stars series. The key is cleaning this up quite a bit. Focus on shot blocking, aggressive forechecking, clogging the neutral zone. The Oilers have done this and when they have they look unbeatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad