WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Maybe, just maybe, this will be the offseason that the Oilers actually find a good goalie? McDavid and Drai probably can't wait to sign with a team with goaltending.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Maybe, just maybe, this will be the offseason that the Oilers actually find a good goalie? McDavid and Drai probably can't wait to sign with a team with goaltending.

They signed one a while ago for $5M over 5 years. That doesn't count?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I'm going to preface this post by giving full respect to Dallas. They have a great team and a much better assembled roster than the oilers.

This should come as a surprise to none but skinner is killing the oilers chances to win in the playoffs.

25 career playoff games

13-11 record. .884%

His record when he's at .850% or better:

13-3

That is absolutely mind blowing

Game 1 and 3 vs la last spring he lost with a .886 and a .903.

Game 2 of this series he played well and posted a .917 in the loss.

Other than those 3 games, all he's had to do was to stop 85% of the shots and he'd win the game.

10 playoff games out of 25 he's been below .850.

Insanity

Reactions: Coffey

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Teams that won game 3 are 11-1 in these playoffs

but the only team that lost a game 3 and won the series, are the Oilers, so there is that

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
EDM team D being exposed pretty hard in this series. Their 5on5 play is bottom level hockey, not final 4. The Oilers rely heavily on their PP. If they aren't getting power plays they lose their edge. Problem for them is that at this time of year you're not going to win many games off of special teams. You have got to beat your opponent 5on5. The Oilers are in trouble.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Exactly like the series against Canucks, this series is over after 3 games... I wonder why do they bother play the rest of the series.

Reactions: Zerotonine

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
It's almost never the same player game to game, but someone is going to dominate and carry the Stars.

But Oiler fans said you gotta have superstars that can carry a team to win and Dallas is a depth team without superstars so they can't do that.

I wonder if McDavid regrets helping his bud get that huge contract...

So many Oilers fans said that Hintz was going to be a minimal factor and laughed at his return...
Let's be honest. A lot of them had never heard of him.

Ignatius

Utah Direwolf
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Jason Robertson scored 2 goals against McDavid and 1 goal against Draisaitl

food for thought

So they can't score when Miro is on the ice and they get lit up when Roope and Robertson are on the ice. I think they're pretty darn lucky to have won a single game in this series. It's over in 5, book it.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
So they can't score when Miro is on the ice and they get lit up when Roope and Robertson are on the ice. I think they're pretty darn lucky to have won a single game in this series. It's over in 5, book it.
Minus the empty netters, it's been a 1 goal series.
Not as lopsided as some would make it seem.

The issue is the breakdowns and not holding a lead.

Reactions: nturn06 and MBTendy

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad

Apparently the Stars goalie coach had something to do with Jrobs 3rd goal, though he said maybe he wouldn't have taken that chance if he hadn't already scored 2.

Jason needs to remember that he can be an elite goal scorer. Last year when he had confidence it felt like every shot was going to go in.

Whenever I saw him this year my thought was, "this guy is one heck of a complimentary winger."
Damn straight. He loves lavishing his linemates with praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad