WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Maria Sharapova

Jun 4, 2010
I'm actually surprised/impressed with how well the oilers have played this series. I felt they are completely mismatched against Dallas and they have shown some fight even won a game.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Keep throwing it on net skinner is playing like a scape goat, 3 shot periods are unacceptable, this should be wrapped in 5

Reactions: Ignatius

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Come on here... Nurse sucks, Nurse is awful.
Go on twitter.. Nurse sucks, Nurse is awful.

I've always defended him (not as a 1 and not at 9M) and liked his game but this is getting hard to defend. He looks lost. I think Dallas loves playing him and one of his 'intangibles' was 'truculence'.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus

I've always defended him (not as a 1 and not at 9M) and liked his game but this is getting hard to defend. He looks lost. I think Dallas loves playing him and one of his 'intangibles' was 'truculence'.
At least you can cheer for Czechia gold.
I can't even celebrate Poland, since they lost to team Borat.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I gotta say too, the worst thing in sports is to lose to a team you really f***ing hate.

So if we lose this round to the Stars, it won't be that bad.
Not like we're losing to Calgary or Vancouver.

Yes, I am coping.
Ya I agree with you there. Losing to VGK and COL would have annoyed me.

If Oilers pull it off, I can see myself rooting for y’all in the finals. Great team and I always love to see the league’s best player get awarded with a cup. Especially a fellow Canadian.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Ya I agree with you there. Losing to VGK and COL would have annoyed me.

If Oilers pull it off, I can see myself rooting for y’all in the finals. Great team and I always love to see the league’s best player get awarded with a cup. Especially a fellow Canadian.
Thanks brother. I had no idea how much you guys hate VGK lol These bonds will bring us together.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The key to beating the Oilers is simple. You wait for them to make mistakes. They will always, always f*** it up without fail.

Oilers score first

Everyone watching the game at my place "Gee I hope they don't give up a goal in the next 3 mins"
That second period was unacceptable. If the Oilers get the 3rd goal before Dallas takes the lead we're having a much different conversation today. Alas, the Oilers did themselves in again.

Reactions: Coffey

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
The key to beating the Oilers is simple. You wait for them to make mistakes. They will always, always f*** it up without fail.

That second period was unacceptable. If the Oilers get the 3rd goal before Dallas takes the lead we're having a much different conversation today. Alas, the Oilers did themselves in again.
Nobody beats the Oilers more than the Oilers.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Apparently the Stars goalie coach had something to do with Jrobs 3rd goal, though he said maybe he wouldn't have taken that chance if he hadn't already scored 2.

Oilers' goalie coach is a nepotism hire who's the worst goalie coach in the league so it's no shocker the goalie coaching difference is making an impact.

Skinner was one of edm best players
One of Stars' best players.

Skinner is an absolutely miserable goalie with a foundation about as stable as a deck of cards.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Oilers' goalie coach is a nepotism hire who's the worst goalie coach in the league so it's no shocker the goalie coaching difference is making an impact.

One of Stars' best players.

Skinner is an absolutely miserable goalie with a foundation about as stable as a deck of cards.
Skinner made multiple big saves last night when the Oilers checked out after 20 minutes. A goalies can only do so much 5 on 1 for extended parts of play

Reactions: stampedingviking

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
At least you can cheer for Czechia gold.
I can't even celebrate Poland, since they lost to team Borat.
Poland really wasn't too bad at the world's!

And yes... Czechs winning is taking the sting out the oilers eventual demise to Dallas.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
If Robo hadn't hit the post on that Game 1 overtime powerplay, it'd be 3-0 Dallas.

Game of inches, as they say. :dunno:
Lol how many posts has edmonton hit that they would of took the lead or tie the game and series is then 3-0 for oilers.....

Skinner was one of edm best players
Sporting an .810 save percentage??? Interesting take

That goal from behind the net is probably the 5th goal Skinner has let in from the goalbline or beyond. Mind boggling

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Lol how many posts has edmonton hit that they would of took the lead or tie the game and series is then 3-0 for oilers.....

That goal from behind the net is probably the 5th goal Skinner has let in from the goalbline or beyond. Mind boggling
Could have been a much worse loss on the scoreboard if he was as bad as some of u say. He made 4 or 5 huge saves including a breakaway immediately after the stars tied the game. He's not why you lost.

Reactions: stampedingviking

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Gtfoh with the what ifs

Lol calm down, just speaking truths over here......like I said, "game of inches" and they were inches away from a 3-0 series lead. :help: :laugh:

Could it just as easily go the other way? Sure. But it hasn't.

Not yet, anyway.

Reactions: LT

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
If Robo hadn't hit the post on that Game 1 overtime powerplay, it'd be 3-0 Dallas.

Game of inches, as they say. :dunno:
If Oilers didn't hit the goalpost few times in games 1 and 3, they would lead the series.

Game of inches.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

I am curious what happened to the physical side. Nurses best attributes were his athleticism and physical presence. He doesn’t seem to be a physical force anymore.

He doesn’t hit, he doesn’t fight. So what does he do?

Reactions: zar

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
They only focus on offense... defense is an afterthought.

I dunno. That might be a stereotype. I don't think they are really playing run and gun. They look like a team to me that is trying to insulate their goalie the best they can.

They go on these stretches from time to time where they barely give up chances but the moment one of those chances goes in, it's like they unravel in a really alarming way, particularly when nursing a lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad