WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
They probably don't want to leave Robertson all alone 5 ft from Skinner. Just a thought.

My main beef with the Oil fanbase. They cannot give any team credit. They lost because it was 1. Refs. 2. Bettman 3. We are Injured. 4. They beat themselves and other team is just lucky.

After a loss they also run away from a conversation on any main boards and then go get confirmation bias from their own board or local radio station.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
They probably don't want to leave Robertson all alone 5 ft from Skinner. Just a thought.

My main beef with the Oil fanbase. They cannot give any team credit. They lost because it was 1. Refs. 2. Bettman 3. We are Injured. 4. They beat themselves and other team is just lucky.
I'm not an Oiler fan (though I am cheering for them in this series) but from my experience on hfboards for 16 years Edmonton fans are no different when looking for excuses than most other fan bases.

If you recall the excuses from the Vancouver fan base back when Boston destroyed them in 2011.

Read any game day thread, many fans of the losing team are complaining about the refs.

Of course some teams have more posters on here than others, so you might see more of them bitching and complaining.

Reactions: zar

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

Jeez, I wonder why?

I'll remind you how some posters respond when an Oiler fan gives their team a compliment...

Canucks played a great around game tonight. Well done.

Oilers looked tired.

Tired from all the diving they did tonight.

Wow, I compliment the Canucks and get this response.

Yep. Thats how these threads go. Its all pure hatred. As it should be.

I have also complimented the Stars...

Stars are a very good team. Oilers are forgetting they’re still not playing the Kings or Canucks.

If you don’t have that killer instinct, eventually you will run up against a team that does.

Dallas has the more complete roster so if at any point you back off, very likely you come out on the short end of the scoreboard.

The Oilers have a very good team and can comeback and make this a series but not if they don’t play a full game.

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
Gotta respect the Stars game plan - Let the the Oilers spaz out with early haymakers and then pick them apart when they tire out and make stupid errors.

Yes. The gameplan of getting behind a couple of goals and getting completely outplayed is certainly both deliberate and a good course of action.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Probably at some point against the Avs. Stars aren't a fast team so they have to account for that in transition somehow
I’ve been wondering if at some point the Dallas coaching advantage would become a big factor.

Sure, people make fun of DeBoer or whatever, but Knoblauch (for as well as he has done this season) is so inexperienced in comparison.

So, now it’s on Knoblauch to adjust and make the next move in the chess match. TBD if he and the team are capable.

Last edited:

Erebor

Jan 8, 2019
Dallas 5th line is basically better than Edmontons 3th line

Faksa - Bourque - Dellandrea

>

Brown - Henrique - Foegele

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Which is ironic because at the same time they want to run around thumping their chests that beating "great" teams like LA and Vancouver is such a great accomplishment, and on par with what the other final 4 teams have gone thru

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I’ve been wondering if at some point the Dallas coaching advantage would become a big factor.

Sure, people make fun of DeBoer or whatever, but Knoblauch (for as well as he has done this season) is so inexperienced in comparison.

So, now it’s on Knoblauch to adjust and make the next move in the chess match. TBD if he and the team are capable.
The irony is that around here (Stars fans) PBD is supposedly bad at making adjustments, at least any time they lose. It seems to me he has been making great adjustments all through these playoffs, though. That includes line juggling that always seems to work out (or is it just that putting talented players, of whom he has many tends to work?)

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
The fact that it's 2-1 Dallas when they have not been near their A-game is encouraging. Edmonton presents different challenges in terms of defensive coverage, but Dallas seemed to settle into their cycle game pretty well towards the end of Game 3, we'll see if it continues.

In the first two games, Dallas was one-and-done in the offensive zone far too often, and that's very atypical of them. If they can generate second and third bites at the apple while attacking, I don't see the Oilers being able to stop them.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Which is ironic because at the same time they want to run around thumping their chests that beating "great" teams like LA and Vancouver is such a great accomplishment, and on par with what the other final 4 teams have gone thru

I mean c'mon... we have only been responding to the prevailing HF wisdom around here:
2018-2020: Oilers can't even make the playoffs
2020: Oilers still can't even make the playoffs, the play-ins are not playoffs
2021: Oilers can't win a game in the playoffs
2022: Oilers can't even win a game against any real teams, Calgary (being 6th in NHL) doesn't count
2023: Oilers maybe won a game or two vs Vegas, but still can't beat good teams and haven't won a game past 2nd round
2024: It doesn't matter one bit that Edmonton lost to cup champs two years running... Oilers still haven't beaten a good team (Van, being 6th, still doesn't count)...

But heck, at least we managed to win a game in the third round. It's baby steps for us OilFans right?

Reactions: zar

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I'm not an Oiler fan (though I am cheering for them in this series) but from my experience on hfboards for 16 years Edmonton fans are no different when looking for excuses than most other fan bases.

If you recall the excuses from the Vancouver fan base back when Boston destroyed them in 2011.

Read any game day thread, many fans of the losing team are complaining about the refs.

Of course some teams have more posters on here than others, so you might see more of them bitching and complaining.
Its more anti oil fans complaing then anything else TBH

Other then the leafs theboilers seem to be the most despised. Everyone always complains about all the high-end draft picks they received yet no one seems to bat amd eye amd the devils and or buffalo who had justvas many high-end picks and still are trash

• Haha
Reactions: Three On Zero
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad