Prospect Info: Ville Husso (2014 Draft - 94 Overall)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Think he sees any NHL action or is in the AHL?

Something catastrophic would have to happen for him to see action in the NHL next season. Allen and Ells are pretty much set in stone, and I imagine we'd call up Copley(if he's still here) or Binnington before Husso due to the formers' experience in North America.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Lets hope he don't regress and please be gentle with him. Don' hate after 1st day. :)

As long as he is a prospect with hype, we will forgive anything. But since he is a goalie, the second he suits up for an NHL game, we will turn on him like rabid dogs. We are the Blues fan base after all. :)

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Something catastrophic would have to happen for him to see action in the NHL next season. Allen and Ells are pretty much set in stone, and I imagine we'd call up Copley(if he's still here) or Binnington before Husso due to the formers' experience in North America.

Where are they going to play him next season?

Elliott and Allen in the NHL.

Copley and Bennington in the AHL. Where does Husso end up playing?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I imagine Husso might play another year in Europe. No reason to rush him over, now that they've got him signed.

He has already played 3-years in mens games in Finland, I think this is great time for him to go NA. Get one good year in AHL on his belt and then look can he maybe handle back-up job. Ofc if he comes to NA that would mean maybe one of Binnington or Copley will be traded away or they loan him to another team. I see it that Husso need to come NA and get use to atmoshpere,coaching stuff and smaller rink. I don't see that rushing things, I see it keeping develope in progress and quite frankly if they keep him in Finland that would hold him down in prorgress and I really don't think we wan't that, eh?

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Bringing Husso over is a good move. He just won goalie of the year at a super young age, probably full of confidence. I'd looks move Binnington or Copley for a depth pick or forward prospect (with some potential maybe) at the draft.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Bringing Husso over is a good move. He just won goalie of the year at a super young age, probably full of confidence. I'd looks move Binnington or Copley for a depth pick or forward prospect (with some potential maybe) at the draft.

Or if Elliott leads us to the Cup, Allen gets traded, Binny/Copely gets the NHL back-up gig, and Husso backs up Binny/Copely in Chicago.

Gotta think Allen would have the most trade value of all of the goalies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Or if Elliott leads us to the Cup, Allen gets traded, Binny/Copely gets the NHL back-up gig, and Husso backs up Binny/Copely in Chicago.

I actually think it is more likely that Husso is the NHL backup next year than either of Copley or Binnington, but even that chance is only slightly above zero. It would surprise me if there is a trade of either of 1 or 34 this offseason, but if they do make a move I expect Nilsson to be the backup in 2016-17.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis

If Elliott leads us to the cup you resign Elliott to a 3-4 year extension worth $4-$5 a year.

If we trade Allen, it should be for a good backup (reliable 25 game guy) and then a decent age forward(s).

Some of the Calgary fans were willing to trade the 6th for Allen+Rattie, or ar least something similar. I think if that's on the table we would take it and draft Nylander/Tkachuk/Dubois (whichever is available.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I actually think it is more likely that Husso is the NHL backup next year than either of Copley or Binnington, but even that chance is only slightly above zero. It would surprise me if there is a trade of either of 1 or 34 this offseason, but if they do make a move I expect Nilsson to be the backup in 2016-17.

You need to remember that Husso could regress easily so we have to just wait @ChicagoBlues updates. Btw there is rumour in hallways he has already start to decline heavily so hold on your horses about treiding Binnington or Copley. :laugh:

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Some of the Calgary fans were willing to trade the 6th for Allen+Rattie, or ar least something similar.

If that deal were really on the table I would take it in a heartbeat. I doubt I'd keep the pick, though. I would use some other asset to trade up to #4 or 5 and take Dubois, or I would try to add a pick or two and trade back to #8 or 9 and take either Clayton Keller or Tyson Jost.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
If that deal were really on the table I would take it in a heartbeat. I doubt I'd keep the pick, though. I would use some other asset to trade up to #4 or 5 and take Dubois, or I would try to add a pick or two and trade back to #8 or 9 and take either Clayton Keller or Tyson Jost.

Vancouver wants PLD or Tkachuk so that's unlikely.
The only piece to draw the 4th from Edmonton would be Parayko. Which will not happen. I doubt Edmonton trades the 4th for Shattenkirk+6th because they're getting a worse pick and just a rental.

Why not just use the 6th? Its a great pick for a cup contender to have. We could use Shattenkirk to maybe get the 7th or 8th (I imagine Buffalo and Arizona would have interest) or 15th+, 16th+.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Why not just use the 6th?

Because it ends up being a tweener pick. EDM might take a D at #4 which would leave either Dubois (unlikely) or Tkachuk (very likely) and I'm just not sold on Tkachuk as a dominant NHL player. At the same time, #6 is way too early to take a player like Tyson Jost or Clayton Keller, so the smart move at that point would be to try to pick up another pick or another asset and move back a couple of spots where one of the guys you really need will still be available.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Vancouver wants PLD or Tkachuk so that's unlikely.
The only piece to draw the 4th from Edmonton would be Parayko. Which will not happen. I doubt Edmonton trades the 4th for Shattenkirk+6th because they're getting a worse pick and just a rental.

Why not just use the 6th? Its a great pick for a cup contender to have. We could use Shattenkirk to maybe get the 7th or 8th (I imagine Buffalo and Arizona would have interest) or 15th+, 16th+.

I think Edmonton could be interested in moving the 4th for a 6th-8th. They should probably take a D, as they have a glut of young forwards already; however, the D are not going to be BPA at #4. They can easily trade down, get some value and still get their choice of Juolevi, Sergachyov, Chychrun. Most likely every team besides the Oilers would take Tkachuk, Dubois and Nylander over those 3 D. So Edmonton can get some value to drop down and still grab a player that fills a need. The only other pick I see is Tkachuk as a wing to round out their top 6 (Hall, RNH, Eberle, McDavid, Draistl, and Tkachuk). Fixing their D is a more of a organizational need. If any of the 3 top rated D were RHD, it would be a no-brainer for Edmonton to trade down. They only thing that would make them not trade down is they have 3 good young LHD with Klefbom, Nurse and Reinhart. So how likely they are to trade depends on the sweetener, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Because it ends up being a tweener pick. EDM might take a D at #4 which would leave either Dubois (unlikely) or Tkachuk (very likely) and I'm just not sold on Tkachuk as a dominant NHL player. At the same time, #6 is way too early to take a player like Tyson Jost or Clayton Keller, so the smart move at that point would be to try to pick up another pick or another asset and move back a couple of spots where one of the guys you really need will still be available.
Tkachuk has every potential to be a great player. He plays a very NHL style of game and plays a playoff style of game. He's very smart, great in front of the bet, skilled, has character and grew up in St. Louis. If Dubois is available, then I'd take him but as mentioned that's not likely.

I can guarantee you Edmonton will not take a D at #4. Especially considering they are good for LHD and need defenseman who can help now. They would be stupid to take a defenseman with the 4th.
I think Edmonton could be interested in moving the 4th for a 6th-8th. They should probably take a D, as they have a glut of young forwards already; however, the D are not going to be BPA at #4. They can easily trade down, get some value and still get their choice of Juolevi, Sergachyov, Chychrun. Most likely every team besides the Oilers would take Tkachuk, Dubois and Nylander over those 3 D. So Edmonton can get some value to drop down and still grab a player that fills a need. The only other pick I see is Tkachuk as a wing to round out their top 6 (Hall, RNH, Eberle, McDavid, Draistl, and Tkachuk). Fixing their D is a more of a organizational need. If any of the 3 top rated D were RHD, it would be a no-brainer for Edmonton to trade down. They only thing that would make them not trade down is they have 3 good young LHD with Klefbom, Nurse and Reinhart. So how likely they are to trade depends on the sweetener, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility.
Its certainly possible but not likely. Unless they're getting a defenseman who can make an immediate impact, RHD I can't imagine they would take it. Barrie is rumored to not be signing with Colorado [or at least doesn't want to]. Colorado management is dumb enough that they may take a defenseman at #4, since they lost Barrie, maybe they give up #10 for Shattenkirk?

I cant confirm the Barrie rumor, its still just a rumor.

Edmonton has LHD and I can't see them trading the pick unless they will recieve someone who makes an immediate impact. If we get the 6th, Shattenkirk+6th for 4th would technically make sense but apparently Shattenkirk doesn't wanna sign there (I can't find any proof but thats what Oil fans are saying). So for a rental it doesn't make sense to move down.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Shattenkirk+6th for the 4th....yeesh...

That's not good value, but that doesn't mean that there can't be other assets involved. Maybe something like Yakupov + 4th OA for Shattenkirk and 6th OA. Honestly, I'd rather have Maroon instead of Yak as a cheap replacement for Brouwer, but the Oilers seem intent on having him on McDavid's line as "protection". The 4th OA could even end up being Puljujarvi. CBus has the 3rd OA and I could potentially see JD and Jarmo jumping on Dubois as a potential Backes clone with that pick.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
If we get the 6th, I'd rather take Nylander and use Shattenkirk to try and get the 8-10th then move up.

Do we even think Calgary would give up the 6th for Allen? I'd rather go after Sam Bennett then the 6th.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I want absolutely nothing to do with Yakupov, certainly wouldn't hold him as anything more then literally a thrown in.

I would be interested in Nylander too. As for Bennett, I'd say there's negative chance they move him for Allen. The pick is possible because they are young and probably view themselves as a goalie away from the playoffs. Allen is young and somewhat cost controlled.

In fantasy land, the Blues could have an amazing playoff run and offseason if the stars align

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I want absolutely nothing to do with Yakupov, certainly wouldn't hold him as anything more then literally a thrown in.

I would be interested in Nylander too. As for Bennett, I'd say there's negative chance they move him for Allen. The pick is possible because they are young and probably view themselves as a goalie away from the playoffs. Allen is young and somewhat cost controlled.

In fantasy land, the Blues could have an amazing playoff run and offseason if the stars align
What?
Why you DA ever trade for Yakupov. A lazy player with potential but doesn't put in the work? Maybe I'm just old school but God no.

Maybe 6th+Shattenkirk for 4th+32?
I honestly can't thinm of anyone that fits. So maybe just another good pick?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
What?
Why you DA ever trade for Yakupov. A lazy player with potential but doesn't put in the work? Maybe I'm just old school but God no.

Maybe 6th+Shattenkirk for 4th+32?
I honestly can't thinm of anyone that fits. So maybe just another good pick?

I wouldn't be willing to add to Shattenkirk for the 4th other then a conditional pick if they want to roll the dice on Shattenkirk.

6th+Shattenkirk....I'm looking past the 4th into the untouchable top 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad